The Wild Lies - Jacks Out The Box EP

Stefan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wild Lies

January 22 via mobile

Hi guys! Apologies to anyone who is waiting for the hard copy of the E.P. We have had some problems with the manufacturer! But don't worry all is fine now! We should be receiving a fresh batch of CDs in the next days! And just to show our appreciation, a small gift will be included!

Thanks for the info!

I have it on pre-order and I thought the other day what the delay is all about.

I wonder what the small gift will be...

Well got the CD, and no gift, so obviously changed their minds.

The Wild Lies

January 22 via mobile

Hi guys! Apologies to anyone who is waiting for the hard copy of the E.P. We have had some problems with the manufacturer! But don't worry all is fine now! We should be receiving a fresh batch of CDs in the next days! And just to show our appreciation, a small gift will be included!

Thanks for the info!

I have it on pre-order and I thought the other day what the delay is all about.

I wonder what the small gift will be...

Well got the CD, and no gift, so obviously changed their minds.

:(

Still haven't received it... double :( :(

Wow, a band that actually offers sensible shipping rates to Australia. I commend them. Can anyone confirm how many songs are on the EP? au$9.88 shipped seems pretty reasonable if it's a 5/6 track EP.

I believe it's a 5-track EP.

Believe? I believe in my lord and jesus and saviour jesus christ, but have you seen him around lately? I deal in facts, man.

But yeah, thanks for the info. :) Any idea which band the lead singer was definitely in before? Still on the tip of my tongue...

Guys name is Matt James,and dont think he has been in any known bands before. The Wild Lies though was known as Izzi Stone up til early 2012 though, so maybe you visited their Myspace or something.

Interestingly, they actually come from the same place as Jettblack, High Wycombe. (a band called Meansteed is from their too)

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Awesome stuff, just got to discover a few songs by these guys :) ( igmore my other thread )

I igmore all your threads. ;}

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, just been doing a youtube search, and found some Izzi Stone tracks.

Some defo promise in some of these songs as well. Some Joe Elliot vocal stylings on some of it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QgCgRINQpY

Just received the EP. Not a weak song on the disc. Great production. This disc leaves me wanting more. Awesome stuff!!

How's the packaging on this one? I'm thinking to order but almost $14 for 5-6 songs, maybe hold off for a full length, unless this is done nicely.

Just received the EP. Not a weak song on the disc. Great production. This disc leaves me wanting more. Awesome stuff!!

How's the packaging on this one? I'm thinking to order but almost $14 for 5-6 songs, maybe hold off for a full length, unless this is done nicely.

Just a cardboard sleeve w/ album art. Happy with a physical release since I don't do the download thing.

• My Little Pony

$14?? I don't recall paying that much.

I think it was like 3-4 Euro (cheap, I know) then like 6-7 Euro to ship to the US...Euro to Dollar conversion, it was something like $13.75. You located in Europe? Probably a lot cheaper to ship.

• My Little Pony

I think it was like 3-4 Euro (cheap, I know) then like 6-7 Euro to ship to the US...Euro to Dollar conversion, it was something like $13.75. You located in Europe? Probably a lot cheaper to ship.

Nah, I'm western Canada, and I think it only cost me around 5 quid in total.

I finally figured out who I think these guys sound like... or at least the vocalist reminds me of. Anyone remember the band Dogpound? The guy has a similar voice and there are some similar melodies at times, imo.

I like the EP... not amazed by it, though, if I'm being honest. A solid 77% I threw at it.

Its £4.99 without the postage, so not sure how you would have got it for £5 ... even to the UK it cost me more than £5.

I paid $13.85(USD). If I remember correctly, shipping was more than the disc itself. Still agreat EP though!

I paid $13.85(USD). If I remember correctly, shipping was more than the disc itself. Still agreat EP though!

Yep, I only live about an 1.5 hours from Mr. darin here so that confirms I didn't mess something up when figuring the total cost...I was right in the ball park.

Good you other fella's got it for cheap though....darn shipping costs!!! :thppt:

• My Little Pony

Its £4.99 without the postage, so not sure how you would have got it for £5 ... even to the UK it cost me more than £5.

Alright, ladies, I'm pretty sure I prefaced that with a notion of uncertainty. But £4.99 sounds correct, and shipping was uncharacteristically cheap. Let us say it was around £7 for me, and return to praising the music.

• 8 months later...