Star Wars Episode VII - Coming in 2015 courtesy of.... Disney?!

whiplash1972

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Stand alone spin-offs for Han Solo and Boba Fett:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/02/06/star-wars-spin-offs-young-han-solo-movie-boba-fett/

Han-Solo-Boba-Fett_510x383.jpg

Disney better knock these films outta the park, as anything less than PERFECTION in the fans' eyes, and you've tarnished these iconic characters' legacies, and potentially alienated your entire fanbase. Word is Yoda is up for his own film as well.

and now spin offs

, The Walt Disney Co. unveiled plans to make a number of spin-off movies set a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away — in addition to the post-Return of the Jedi trilogy that had already been announced.

Entertainment Weekly has learned details on two of the spin-off projects: A young Han Solo saga, focusing on the wisecracking smuggler’s origin story, and a bounty hunter adventure with Boba Fett at the center of a rogue’s gallery of galactic scum.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/02/06/star-wars-spin-offs-young-han-solo-movie-boba-fett/

Rumor has it that they're also considering a solo adventure for Yoda. Yeeeesss, backwards sentences a two hour film for! Tell me that wouldn't get annoying after a few minutes.

I'd be on board for a Boba Fett flick. I'm currently reading a three-book "Star Wars" cycle called "The Bounty Hunter Wars" in which he's the star and it's pretty bad-ass.

Han Solo already has an origin story, so they had better not deviate from it.

And didn't we get some back story on BF in one of those "new" trilogy movies?

Yep.. In Episode II Attack of the Clones.. We see a very young Boba Fett with His father Jango Fett.. Maybe they can explain How He became a bounty hunter like His father?? Kinda fill in the gap between Episode II and when We next see Him in Episode V The Empire Strikes Back....

Could be good.... :tumbsup:

Looks like Harrison Ford is on board:

http://www.bleedingc...rs-episode-vii/

Rumour: Han Solo And Harrison Ford A Done Deal For Star Wars Episode VII

Previously, we heard that Harrison Ford had a particular plan for Han Solo in the upcoming Star Wars Episode VII. Just as he’d originally wanted for Return of the Jedi, Ford was looking to get Solo killed off.

That’s gratitude for you. Or maybe he just wants the big funeral with all that fanfare.

Back in November I said:

Harrison Ford will be happy to reprise the role of Han Solo, pending the confirmation of script and director. He may well be asking for the character to be killed off, however, just as he originally wanted to happen in
Return of the Jedi

Ultimately, the death clause seems to be less important than script and director approval. But perhaps Ford has settled for as little as one out of the three conditions as, according to Latino Review, he’s now fully signed on and committed to appear.

So, we don’t know if Solo is up for the chop, and we don’t know if the script is done yet, but we do know that JJ Abrams is on board. That may have been enough.

Ford and Abrams have history, having respectively starred in and written Mike Nichols Regarding Henry. That film gave me my first exposure to Abrams – I remember seeing him on BBC 2′s Talking Pictures as part of a feature on amnesia in the movies. “Who’s this kid?”

It seems that Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill will also make some of appearance in the next Star Warsfilm, though nobody has stuck up their hand to say that’s a done deal. Yet.

Han Solo already has an origin story, so they had better not deviate from it.

And didn't we get some back story on BF in one of those "new" trilogy movies?

Yep.. In Episode II Attack of the Clones.. We see a very young Boba Fett with His father Jango Fett.. Maybe they can explain How He became a bounty hunter like His father?? Kinda fill in the gap between Episode II and when We next see Him in Episode V The Empire Strikes Back....

Could be good.... :tumbsup:

This will tell you everything you ever needed to know about Boba Fett...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Boba_Fett

• My Little Pony

Looks like Harrison Ford is on board:

http://www.bleedingc...rs-episode-vii/

Rumour: Han Solo And Harrison Ford A Done Deal For Star Wars Episode VII

Previously, we heard that Harrison Ford had a particular plan for Han Solo in the upcoming Star Wars Episode VII. Just as he’d originally wanted for Return of the Jedi, Ford was looking to get Solo killed off.

That’s gratitude for you. Or maybe he just wants the big funeral with all that fanfare.

Back in November I said:

Harrison Ford will be happy to reprise the role of Han Solo, pending the confirmation of script and director. He may well be asking for the character to be killed off, however, just as he originally wanted to happen in
Return of the Jedi

Ultimately, the death clause seems to be less important than script and director approval. But perhaps Ford has settled for as little as one out of the three conditions as, according to Latino Review, he’s now fully signed on and committed to appear.

So, we don’t know if Solo is up for the chop, and we don’t know if the script is done yet, but we do know that JJ Abrams is on board. That may have been enough.

Ford and Abrams have history, having respectively starred in and written Mike Nichols Regarding Henry. That film gave me my first exposure to Abrams – I remember seeing him on BBC 2′s Talking Pictures as part of a feature on amnesia in the movies. “Who’s this kid?”

It seems that Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill will also make some of appearance in the next Star Warsfilm, though nobody has stuck up their hand to say that’s a done deal. Yet.

I love Harrison Ford. As they said in Fanboys, he's never done a bad movie. ;} But he needs to understand that the Star Wars universe is bigger than any one man. If they mess with canon, just to please him, there will be hoards of angry fans.

• 2 years later...

ohh just a little bit of pee came out there...sorry got excited :)

just went and pre-booked my tickets for this Thurs 17th December @14:30...the clock is ticking.

• My Little Pony

just went and pre-booked my tickets for this Thurs 17th December @14:30...the clock is ticking.

Yup. As I watched this, my friends bought tickets for an Imax viewing. I didn't want to get hyped for this, but I can't help it.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!

(throws wallet at computer)

WHY ISN'T ANYTHING HAPPENING????

Yup. As I watched this, my friends bought tickets for an Imax viewing. I didn't want to get hyped for this, but I can't help it.

Yea it is very hard not to geek out over this. It does look damn good.

Does anyone know who is rebooting Williams' score now that he has left us?

• My Little Pony

What? He composed the score for this film. Are you mistaking him for someone else?

What? He composed the score for this film. Are you mistaking him for someone else?

Yes my bad I was thinking of Jerry Goldsmith another amazing composer. I do see that in a very intelligent business case that John Williams is composing this 7th installment.

main trailer looks awesome to me.

With this and Bond I might actually make it along to cinema at long last.....apart from kiddie movies (which have been great!) it's been way too long since I last went for a proper movie..........

With this and Bond I might actually make it along to cinema at long last.....apart from kiddie movies (which have been great!) it's been way too long since I last went for a proper movie..........

Agreed. Sounds like my recent (the last 14 years) movie going experience.

• My Little Pony

Heh. That's depressing.

I haven't set foot in a movie theater since 2007 when I took my then-five-year-old to see "Underdog" and I'm in no hurry to go back anytime soon. I don't miss all those talkers, texting teenagers, wanna-be gangstas, and other scum that have ruined the movie going experience.

I'll wait for "Force Awakens" to hit video just like I do with everything else, so I can watch it in the privacy of my own darkened living room on my 50-inch TV, with a twelve pack of beers laid in next to me. Nerd nirvana. :D

• My Little Pony

I haven't set foot in a movie theater since 2007 when I took my then-five-year-old to see "Underdog" and I'm in no hurry to go back anytime soon. I don't miss all those talkers, texting teenagers, wanna-be gangstas, and other scum that have ruined the movie going experience.

I'll wait for "Force Awakens" to hit video just like I do with everything else, so I can watch it in the privacy of my own darkened living room on my 50-inch TV, with a twelve pack of beers laid in next to me. Nerd nirvana. :D

I can't do that. Not with a film like this. I need to be with my people. Opening night, in Imax, a theatre full of nerds listing our collective shit. It's gonna be awesome.