Got no life? Does data entry make you horny?

heavyharmonies

Real life has been a royal pain for a while now for both myself and the mods, so the task of adding CDs and bands to the site has been languishing, as well as getting corections made in a timely manner.

So I'm looking for 1 or (at most) 2 people who might be interested in volunteering to work on the main site.

No mad skills required, although having an image editing software package like Photoshop and knowing how to crop and size pictures is a real plus.

Things you could be doing:

* Editing and approving CD submissions from the queue

* Manually adding CDs/bands that are missing that you discover elsewhere

* Making corrections to existing entries

* Uploading and adding CD cover images and band pictures

* Walking the dog

* Picking up Geoff's drycleaning

What you'd get out of the deal:

* A big warm fuzzy sense of contribution to the site

* An entry on the Contributors page on the main site where you can set up your own profile

* Your comments on the main site become designated as from an HH Volunteer

* Membership on the mods list here on the board

* Greater input in site/community policy decisions

Requirements:

* Must be an established member of the HH community here, at least 1 year of active participation

* If not a native English speaker, a verified command of the language

* Ability to adhere the instructions and conventions for the various tasks

Anyone who's interested float me a PM with a couple of paragraphs why you'd like to do it. The current mod team will vet any prospective volunteers.

Thanks much!

-Dan

• My Little Pony

I'm sorry, I just can't imagine that ratt bastard owning anything that requires drycleaning.

I'm sorry, I just can't imagine that rat bastard owning anything that requires drycleaning.

I can't imagine him owning clothes, period. Based on this lascivious rantings, I just assumed he ran around nude all the time.

• My Little Pony

I'm sorry, I just can't imagine that rat bastard owning anything that requires drycleaning.

I can't imagine him owning clothes, period. Based on this lascivious rantings, I just assumed he ran around nude all the time.

Did you edit my spelling of "ratt bastard?"

Did you edit my spelling of "ratt bastard?"

Maybe. But no. But apparently...yes.

Less than 24 hours, and 5 people have thrown their (virtual) hats into the ring. I *greatly* appreciate the willingness to help out.

One of the parties mentioned something I hadn't considered:

If heavy metal or Christian rock/metal is more your "thing" volunteers are also needed to work on Brutal Metal and Heaven's Metal... probably even more so than Heavy Harmonies, as I have allowed those sites to pretty much languish unattended to. The interfaces are somewhat different for each site, as most of the work over recent years has been focused on HH, not the other 2 sites.

Between the 5 applicants thus far, I think HH proper is taken care of for the moment, but if you like heavy metal (including stuff we never really talk about here like death metal, thrash, grindcore, mallcore, etc.), you might have fund with BM, and HM covers Christian rock and metal of all stripes.

Thanks to all who have volunteered to help out! The mods and I will be discussing the next steps and the right "fits" for the team over the next week or so.

-Dan

The only dry cleaning I ever have is sweat bands I wear around my wrists when I do star jumps in the nude. Both for fun and exercise.

Good luck with it, Dan. A couple of years ago I probably would have loved to give this a go. These days I get to lick my balls only about once every 18 minutes but even that's getting to be a struggle. So hard to find time for anything anymore... :(

• My Little Pony

These days I get to lick my balls only about once every 18 minutes but even that's getting to be a struggle. So hard to find time for anything anymore... :(

:blink:

I s'pose you and Matt don't see much of eachother, lately?

• My Little Pony

Well this thread most certainly took a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

Wrong turn? Where? I don't even recall ever being in Albuquerque.

• My Little Pony

Well this thread most certainly took a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

Wrong turn? Where? I don't even recall ever being in Albuquerque.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8TUwHTfOOU

Heh. This reminds me of a clip I need to post in a new thread.

I want to thank everyone who contacted me to volunteer on the 3 websites. Since I wanted to add at most two people per site, I had to turn a few people away. Please don't take it personally; there were just more volunteers than slots (which is a good thing, for which I am grateful!)

Before I announce who the new volunteers are, just a note that it may be a little while before I get you your logins to the admin pages. Apparently the last time I wrote instructions for the admin pages was back in 2005... and those instructions are incredibly out of date, so before confusing the beJeebus out of anyone, I'm going to overhaul those instructions. One those are done, we'll forge ahead. :D

So without further ado, here are the new volunteers, all from here on the board:

Heavy Harmonies: Jeff, studboy

Brutal Metal: edwithmj, martinsane

Heaven's Metal: Evil Rick

Thank you for volunteering, and to Mike, Pete, and Ty for their volunteer work!

-Dan

• My Little Pony

Yeah, Evil Rick!! I expect big things from you. Heaven's Metal is in serious need of updating.

Yeah, Evil Rick!! I expect big things from you. Heaven's Metal is in serious need of updating.

Absolutely it is. Luckily at my job I do have quite a bit of free time I can devote to the site.

Congrats guys!

Thanks Dan, looking forward to it. :)

"Evil" Rick is working on the Heaven's Metal site. :devilgrin:

If you get shocked by your keyboard the first time you log in, don't be surprised Rick....probably just some bad ground in your house....or a warning.

Cool, thanks all, should be fun to help out.

"Evil" Rick is working on the Heaven's Metal site. :devilgrin:

If you get shocked by your keyboard the first time you log in, don't be surprised Rick....probably just some bad ground in your house....or a warning.

Now why on earth would something like that ever happen? :angel:

I want to thank everyone who contacted me to volunteer on the 3 websites. Since I wanted to add at most two people per site, I had to turn a few people away. Please don't take it personally; there were just more volunteers than slots (which is a good thing, for which I am grateful!)

Before I announce who the new volunteers are, just a note that it may be a little while before I get you your logins to the admin pages. Apparently the last time I wrote instructions for the admin pages was back in 2005... and those instructions are incredibly out of date, so before confusing the beJeebus out of anyone, I'm going to overhaul those instructions. One those are done, we'll forge ahead. :D

So without further ado, here are the new volunteers, all from here on the board:

Heavy Harmonies: Jeff, studboy

Brutal Metal: edwithmj, martinsane

Heaven's Metal: Evil Rick

Thank you for volunteering, and to Mike, Pete, and Ty for their volunteer work!

-Dan

Congrats to you all.. :beerbang:

I hope many rarities will be added to the database... :whistle:

Thanks Dan for the opportunity to help out and for creating this website in the first place! Thank you also to Mike, Pete, Ty and Tim for all their help in the past and good luck to the other "newbies". I'll do my best! For some reason I hear the quote from Spiderman ringing in my head - "With great power comes great responsibility" :P