Romeo's Daughter

66 mustang

so, do Def Leppard do background vocals on this or what? I know Mutt kind of has that sound down pat though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZbHrE6iB_0

Throw a little Blue Tears in there.

Mutt was all over the first Romeo's Daughter disc - A very good and very underrated disc in my eyes.

BTW, speaking of Romeo's Daughter, check out the new cd 'Rapture', very very good indeed.

and if Shania and Mutt did a Rock album it would have sounded like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1KDymjSK58&feature=related

Every time I hear this one (written by Mutt), I can't help but imagine Shania singing it.

Track starts at 1:08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bohVV_KlSHw&ob=av2n

• 2 weeks later...

Other than Jez, has anyone else checked out the new "Rapture" disc? If not, you should. Seriously good stuff with some huge choruses. It's kinda lite in places, but the quality is very high. It scores as well as the major-league stuff like JSS and H.E.A.T IMHO...

Other than Jez, has anyone else checked out the new "Rapture" disc? If not, you should. Seriously good stuff with some huge choruses. It's kinda lite in places, but the quality is very high. It scores as well as the major-league stuff like JSS and H.E.A.T IMHO...

I heard a couple of tracks on You Tube - think one was 'Alive'. Was nice, but a bit lite for my tastes......

I picked up the re-issued version of RD's debut for the princely sum of £0.99 the other day ... after everything I'd read, I was expecting it to be the Second Coming of British melodic rock ... it's okay, but it'f FAR lighter than I was expecting ... it reminded me in places of Berlin (the band, not the city, obviously!)

I picked up the re-issued version of RD's debut for the princely sum of £0.99 the other day ... after everything I'd read, I was expecting it to be the Second Coming of British melodic rock ... it's okay, but it'f FAR lighter than I was expecting ... it reminded me in places of Berlin (the band, not the city, obviously!)

Yeah, the debut is a good album, but slightly overrated IMO. Decent live band though.

Yeah, the debut is a good album, but slightly overrated IMO. Decent live band though.

There are a handful of live tracks on the re-issue - they're pretty good :)

I plan to get this one at some point. When I've made my purchases so far this year it's always been a little higher than I'd like to pay. It will be mine soon, though.

Overrated?? I think it was pretty underrated at the time to be honest and should have done way better than it did, considering who was involved in the writing/production and comparing it to other stuff (some good, some not so good) that was being released at the time. One of the great Brit melodic rock albums of it's day in my opinion and no mean feat for a debut album.

I've mentioned 'Rapture' before in the last few weeks, and re-iterate that people really should check it out, as it is a really great album, full of great songs and definitely one of the best albums I have heard this year so far

Jeez you guys just won't stop leaving me alone. So I bought it today. :)

I don't think either of the first 2 albums are brilliant but both have enough good songs to make them well worthwhile.

Overrated?? I think it was pretty underrated at the time to be honest - One of the great Brit melodic rock albums of it's day in my opinion and no mean feat for a debut album.

Overrated now I mean....comments like that being my point exactly (not that there were that many 'great' brit melodic rock albums, but its pales against the likes of FM, Dare, Def Leppard etc). The only songs which I thought were truly great were 'Heaven' and 'Wild Child', most of the others are OK, but nothing spectacular.

If Im honest the new Halestorm album wipes the floor with them....but hey thats just my opinion.

I really reckon the 1st Romeo's Daughter was one of the better UK melodic rock albums and still sounds great today. I bought Delectable and I wasn't as taken by that one but it's still a very good album. Haven't heard the latest yet....maybe I'll grab it over the next few months. My "best mate" at the time the 1st album came out had a promotional sweatshirt and t-shirt with the Romeo's Daughter logo's on them both......he didn't even like them but he still wouldn't let me have 'em...git :lol:

I really reckon the 1st Romeo's Daughter was one of the better UK melodic rock albums and still sounds great today. I bought Delectable and I wasn't as taken by that one but it's still a very good album. Haven't heard the latest yet....maybe I'll grab it over the next few months. My "best mate" at the time the 1st album came out had a promotional sweatshirt and t-shirt with the Romeo's Daughter logo's on them both......he didn't even like them but he still wouldn't let me have 'em...git :lol:

I think I saw them tour the debut at Southend Esplanade - the memory is a bit misty now

I think I saw them tour the debut at Southend Esplanade - the memory is a bit misty now

Yeah I saw them at Rockworld or Gillys (same place but known under 2 names!) in Manchester around the same time......I'm just as misty when I saw them - could even have been the Delectable tour.

Blimey - the Esplanade! That takes me back ... I saw Bang Tango there ... pity they turned it into a 'family pub' ...

Blimey - the Esplanade! That takes me back ... I saw Bang Tango there ... pity they turned it into a 'family pub' ...

Never saw Bang Tango there....must have missed that one.

But I did see the following (amongst others)....bearing in mind it held about 200 you can imagine how awesome these were !

Romeo's Daughter

Thunder

Love/Hate

Pearl Jam

Crown Of Thorns

But I did see the following (amongst others)....bearing in mind it held about 200 you can imagine how awesome these were !

Romeo's Daughter

Thunder

Love/Hate

Pearl Jam

Crown Of Thorns

Bang Tango were touring their 'Love After Death' album at the time ... I wish I'd seen Thunder there :( I missed Pearl Jam (much to my lasting regret), but I did see Catherine Wheel ... did/do you ever go to gigs at Chinnerys? I saw Hardcore Superstar there years ago ... with a crowd of about 20 people ... not to mention Ginger Wildheart (in his Clam Abuse guise) ... makes me wish I was 20 years younger ... *sob*

Romeo's Daughter

Thunder

Love/Hate

Pearl Jam

Crown Of Thorns

Bang Tango were touring their 'Love After Death' album at the time ... I wish I'd seen Thunder there :( I missed Pearl Jam (much to my lasting regret), but I did see Catherine Wheel ... did/do you ever go to gigs at Chinnerys? I saw Hardcore Superstar there years ago ... with a crowd of about 20 people ... not to mention Ginger Wildheart (in his Clam Abuse guise) ... makes me wish I was 20 years younger ... *sob*

I went there once, but who I saw God only knows - cant remember.

Tend to use Riga Music Bar now - have seen MSG (with Schenker) and Fish there in recent times (last year or so) - both brilliant gigs.

Romeo's Daughter

Thunder

Love/Hate

Pearl Jam

Crown Of Thorns

I went there once, but who I saw God only knows - cant remember.

Tend to use Riga Music Bar now - have seen MSG (with Schenker) and Fish there in recent times (last year or so) - both brilliant gigs.

I was at the Fish gig with my dear lady wife ... she STILL isn't happy that he didn't play 'The Company' :)