Gotthard set to return with "Firebirth"

AlphaMale

Gotthard Set To Return With 'Firebirth' On June 1st

March 8, 2012

Gotthard are in the final stages of the production of the new album 'Firebirth', which will be released on June 1st by Nuclear Blast/Warner Music. 'Firebirth' is the eagerly-awaited first album with new vocalist Nic Maeder.

'Firebirth' was produced in Yellow House Studios, owned by the band, in Lugano, Switzerland, by guitarist/songwriter Leo Leoni and Paul Lani, who has previously worked with Gotthard on earlier albums such as 'G-Spot' and 'Homerun'. The hearts and souls of the most successful Swiss rock group are afire once more -- the new songs on 'Firebirth' are stirring and earthy as the mountain, like early Gotthard once more.

Leo Leoni says, "We are delighted with the new album. Songwriting with Nic and Freddy was a real explosion of inspiration and new ideas! Regarding sound and production, we have returned to our roots and we deliberately produced it with a pure -- and for Gotthard -- typical sound. For us, 'Firebirth' is the comeback album with the rating... 'back to basic'."

Bassist Marc Lynn adds, "Collaborating with Nic was unbelievable -- it feels that we have known each other for ever and the euphoria in the band is now burning like a new fire. It is a true rebirth of the zest of 20 years ago, when the band took off 'to conquer the world'. Producing this album with the new line-up was a real 'birth of fire' -- we are very proud of our new baby."

Maeder's voice has been familiar for quite a while. The first single, released at the end of 2011, with the title "Remember It's Me", is still heard frequently on the radio. The free download via the Gotthard web page at www.gotthard.com was accessed countless times and started a firestorm of enthusiasm and positive feedback.

Nic Maeder continues, "It was absolutely amazing to experience the positive feedback from the Gotthard fans and the media after the release of "Remember It's Me". Now I am looking forward to the reaction to our first album together. The chemistry in the band feels fantastic and we are very much looking forward to being onstage in a couple of weeks and rocking with the fans."

The confederates are not only here again, they are on fire and ready for the next big step.

The first trial by fire will be in Latin America -- a warm-up tour in May -- before the band will take the lead in several well-known European festivals. The band's German live premiere will be on July 14th as co-headliner in the Bang Your Head festival in Balingen. A big headliner tour is already planned for the autumn round the halls of Europe. For a list of upcoming Gotthard tour dates visit www.gotthard.com.

Good to see a band of this quality continuing after the shock of the passing of Steve Lee. They are big boots to fill, so hopefully the new vocalist will fill them admirably. Looking forward to the new tunes.

Even their lesser records are still more consistent then most, I can honestly say Im not dissapointed spending my money on their discs.

I hope it isn't too much like the early stuff. I preferred the later albums to the early stuff. They were pretty stellar from "Human Zoo" on, although some of the early stuff was pretty good too.

I hope it isn't too much like the early stuff. I preferred the later albums to the early stuff. They were pretty stellar from "Human Zoo" on, although some of the early stuff was pretty good too.

Wow really?

I think their first three albums are almost perfect with Dial Hard and G being the best of those. I also love the last three releases as well with Lipservice being my fav of those but Domino Effect and Need to Believe were great too. Human Zoo is very good but doesn't hold up to the others IMO and the other two releases(I own Home Run but don't have Open) are way to laid back and they seem to have lost their way on those.

Wow really?

I think their first three albums are almost perfect with Dial Hard and G being the best of those. I also love the last three releases as well with Lipservice being my fav of those but Domino Effect and Need to Believe were great too. Human Zoo is very good but doesn't hold up to the others IMO and the other two releases(I own Home Run but don't have Open) are way to laid back and they seem to have lost their way on those.

I'm not saying I don't like their early stuff. I just found more killer tunes on the later discs. I thought the first few albums were good but a lot of it sounded the same to these ears. My favs are "Lipservice", "Need To Believe", "Domino Effect", and "Human Zoo". I liked some of the laid back stuff on "Open".

I like the early and later years because I dig the rough hard rock part and also melodic, well Gotthard did well in both sides and it's rare for a band to do both things at once. It's still sad to see how Steve Lee's gone but all the best to them, and hopefully this one can kick up high

I've said it plenty before, but I love their debut and then the next two did little for me bar one or two songs. Their recent years are definitely their best.

Steve Lee's passing was utterly tragic but I wish the band all the best with what they come up with from now on. I have to admit, I have the utmost faith that these guys will deliver - excellent band.

I just don't like them much. I know. What's wrong with me? Sure, "Lipservice" was pretty strong, but otherwise not a fan. That "Domino Effect" one was balls. Great live, and they have some nice ballads, but not a major league band for me. I'll just go now. As you were.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...