Whitney Houston Dead at 48

whiplash1972

http://www.usatoday....ston/53053070/1

Whitney Houston, superstar of records, films, dies

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Whitney Houston, who reigned as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, has died. She was 48.

• Whitney-Houston-superstar-of-records-films-dies-R8VUD38-x.jpg
  • File photo by Chris Pizzello, AP

Publicist Kristen Foster said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unclear.

At her peak in the 1980s and '90s, Houston the golden girl of the music industry and one of the world's best-selling artists.

Among her hits were "How Will I Know," "Saving All My Love for You" and "I Will Always Love You." She won multiple Grammys including album and record of the year.

Her success carried her beyond music to movies like "The Bodyguard."

But by the end of her career, drug use took its toll as her record sales plummeted and her voice became raspy and hoarse.

Who'da thunk that Bobby Brown would outlive her? Damn.

It may not be right, but you've got to wonder if she'd have gone down this road without Bobby Brown. She seemed to have had the world on a string at one point.

However it went down in reality, RIP Whitney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d32LzarrheE&sns=em

I believe her drug problems started long before Bobby Brown. I remember reading a interview with Randall Cunningham a few years back who dated her for a brief time early in her career.

He said he stopped dating her, because of her lifestyle. But, I'm sure Bobby Brown didn't help her problem.

Who'da thunk that Bobby Brown would outlive her? Damn.

Well, he should die...of guilt. He's the one who introduced her to crack. So in a round about way, he's a bit to blame.

Shame, shame, shame...

listening to the early songs takes me back to all those high school dances, especially the ones after the football games. As a player you are always late to the dance. the time spent in the locker room after the game, cleaning up, licking your wounds or happy for a win. maybe you have someone waiting for you, maybe your palying the field, you walk in and everyone turns to look. I use to know how it felt to be the "pretty girl" :guitbannana: that when you enter a room people stop and look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3-hY-hlhBg&feature=related

It's all J.J. Cale's fault: "Cocaine ....!"

Anyway, what a wasted talent. R.I.P., Whitney !