Shotgun Alley

Glen

Debut album which must be the shortest album in history clocking in at just over half an hour (makes Destrophy look like an epic!!)....but the truth is along with this killer ballad there are at least 3 or 4 other utter gems on this, not least the super catchy and EXCELLENT 'I Came Here To Love You'. Well worth checking out.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_zhmnuyF0M&feature=relmfu

Yep, same band. I'm liking what I'm hearing. Just checked out all the samples over on iTunes and as Glen said, there are some outright gems to be had on this album. Think I'll pull the trigger on this one.

Where you guys order it from? Their Myspace page and Facebook don't have it or am I missing it?

I didn't purchase a physical copy. I just downloaded it from Itunes.

Yep, correct, but the shipping cost are outrageous !! 17 AUD to Germany, 16 to the US ! For fuck's sake !! :thppt:

Where you guys order it from? Their Myspace page and Facebook don't have it or am I missing it?

I didn't purchase a physical copy. I just downloaded it from Itunes.

+1

just got mine in the mail.

now i know why shipping would be epxensive overseas... "heavy duty" padded bag, then inside the cd is packed in thick cardboard, and the package is registered... hence the high international postage cost talked about above.

not listend to it yet, but looks to be a very nice put together, professional package, 99.99% sure silver pressed

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit doods! Firstly, this sounds awesome. I will buy it asap. Now, secondly. And zomfg, but is that lead singer Rick from 'Home & Away?' Is this an Aussie band? Holy wowser! that's hilarious.

Okay, just did some digging. So they are from NZ, but :

Back in the Red Bull Studios in Auckland, Australian-born, Mark Furze,

had just joined the boys as their new singer. “We couldn’t have asked for a better fit,” said Jimmy Wong (keyboardist) and Davie Love (guitarist) had this to say, “The kid’s a weapon!!” So with the enthusiasm of all the boys and a new friendship moulding, a NZ tour and opening for ZZ Top in April 2011 helped solidify that.

Indeed indeed. That is the dude who played Rick on 'Home & Away.' Awesome. Just awesome. :lol: I saw him at the Gaelic Club once for either Brides of Destruction or Pretty Boy Floyd or someone. He is so metal.

• 2 weeks later...

try jb hifi (new zealand)...

http://shop.jbhifi.co.nz/music/alternative/shotgun-alley/9599

not sure it their postage is any better.

F*ck that was hard to find. Thanks for the link, mate.

I tried to find it myself and went through Facebook, Reverbnation and Myspace without a single link to where the CD may be bought. Awesome promotion. Why are so many bands so dumb these days? :(

try jb hifi (new zealand)...

http://shop.jbhifi.co.nz/music/alternative/shotgun-alley/9599

not sure it their postage is any better.

F*ck that was hard to find. Thanks for the link, mate.

I tried to find it myself and went through Facebook, Reverbnation and Myspace without a single link to where the CD may be bought. Awesome promotion. Why are so many bands so dumb these days? :(

I think most 'young' bands these days feel that if their album is on itunes they are sorted.

While "Eventually" is a solid ballad, I'm digging the second cut "Look At Me Now" from 2009 a lot more than the new one.

Deets? album, label, availability?

-Dan

Dan, I would guess that that was maybe a single or something? I think, as far as I can tell, the new one is their debut full-length album.

I'm not 100% sure, but it's obviously with a previous vocalist. The good news, though, is that song is on the new CD. Maybe not as hard rocking as that version, but it's there and it's good.

Spun this one last night and I dig it. It'll seriously take me a little while to get past the fact that this is Rick from 'Home & Away' on vocals, but in all honesty he's got a pretty good voice... with some slight Ted Poley-isms at times. He goes good. The backing vocals are also awesome and it's a very consistent CD. Like a lot of bands like this, I do find the more commercial stuff to be the best on the CD - 'Eventually' and 'Heart like glass' were the 2 clear standouts for me, but the rockers are very good too. Basic, but very cool. I also found myself not wanting the CD to end, wanting more tracks too... so that's always a good thing.

Very fine debut and with a bit more experience I'd love to hear them release a really killer 2nd release. If you liked the British band, New Device, from a couple of year ago, check this mofo out. Probably not as good as New Device, but they're good.

Oh, and great production too.

I have the Shotgun Alley cd coming my way and I think it's gonna be my favourite cd in a long time. I've been listening to Mark Furze's other band, Falcon Road, and they are excellent too.

Free downloads here

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KXnotutjyfg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d6Gmtt9-XZY

Very cool. Thanks for the link, mate. I've sent off a request for all 4 downloads. The 2nd song is certainly more in tune with what you'll get from Shotgun Alley. Two cool songs, and good to see him reaching inwards for his inner Rick and pulling out some quality 'Home & Away' acting for the 2nd filmclip. And it must be said - that girl is sexy as f*ck, and how good are those norks?!

While "Eventually" is a solid ballad, I'm digging the second cut "Look At Me Now" from 2009 a lot more than the new one.

Deets? album, label, availability?

-Dan

Dan, I would guess that that was maybe a single or something? I think, as far as I can tell, the new one is their debut full-length album.

I'm not 100% sure, but it's obviously with a previous vocalist. The good news, though, is that song is on the new CD. Maybe not as hard rocking as that version, but it's there and it's good.

Spun this one last night and I dig it. It'll seriously take me a little while to get past the fact that this is Rick from 'Home & Away' on vocals, but in all honesty he's got a pretty good voice... with some slight Ted Poley-isms at times. He goes good. The backing vocals are also awesome and it's a very consistent CD. Like a lot of bands like this, I do find the more commercial stuff to be the best on the CD - 'Eventually' and 'Heart like glass' were the 2 clear standouts for me, but the rockers are very good too. Basic, but very cool. I also found myself not wanting the CD to end, wanting more tracks too... so that's always a good thing.

Very fine debut and with a bit more experience I'd love to hear them release a really killer 2nd release. If you liked the British band, New Device, from a couple of year ago, check this mofo out. Probably not as good as New Device, but they're good.

Oh, and great production too.

New album from New Device in 2012 - should be a killer!

I have the Shotgun Alley cd coming my way and I think it's gonna be my favourite cd in a long time. I've been listening to Mark Furze's other band, Falcon Road, and they are excellent too.

Where the hell did you buy it and what did the shipping cost, Stefan ??

Where the hell did you buy it and what did the shipping cost, Stefan ??

Well Bernd, I digged deep in my wallet and bought it from the Crazy Donkey, ehm, I meant Mighty Ape site. The shipping cost was pretty ridiculous, half of the total price. Total was €20 and a few cents.

I hope it's worth it... :)