Night Ranger-Somewhere In California

eyesis

Harkens back to their glory years/sound, but you can hear some modern update to it as well.

That ballad (Time of Our Lives) was amazing! (Track 8 stood out to me also.)

Glad to see Coming of Age on there. :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

If you go on the US Store on itunes they have 1 min 30 samples of all songs.

Really hearing the classic Night Ranger sound coming through on these songs. One or 2 clunkers, but on the most part sounds really promising.

'End Of The Day' sounded a real stand out to me.

Cheers

just listen to this album, and while I'm not 100% sold and completely blown away on first listening, I must say this is much better than 'Hole' but still can't touch their first four albums.

They're getting back to the 80s but still maintaining the modern edge, many solid tracks here, can't decide which one is my fave, but I think I'll get it on the second spin.

Good album anyway and looks like sitting between 7.5 - 8 on my first spin :party421:

Wow think my rating will be higher than that - second spin now & this is pretty classic stuff!

First 3 all great then the guitars in Follow Your Heart are classic Night Ranger. Time of our lives is very good ballad - chorus is spot on & solo killer. No time to lose ya is another great rocker! Love it. End of the day is just a killer rocker!

Only one or two fillers for me.

This is definitely gonna rate high up for me.

In fact the only track I wasn't sold on was Live For Today and that is pretty cool too albeit a bit long - a real enuff z nuff dreamy vibe in the chorus. A minute too long tho.

Now I`m not one to get over excited by new releases but this album so far is absolute top quality, there is nothing on here I don`t like, even Growin` Up In California has grown on me after initially being a little disappointed.

My standout at the moment is the fourth track - Follow Your Heart, loving the guitars on this.

Now I`m not one to get over excited by new releases but this album so far is absolute top quality, there is nothing on here I don`t like, even Growin` Up In California has grown on me after initially being a little disappointed.

My standout at the moment is the fourth track - Follow Your Heart, loving the guitars on this.

Backed the guitars in that song is everything I love about Night Ranger!! The ballad which follows it is great too!! V cool release!

I do like this but after 2 spins so far it's not quite as good as I expected given the comments above. Nice to hear them trying to combine a modern vibe with their traditional sound, but it doesn't always work. Will stick with it...

I do like this but after 2 spins so far it's not quite as good as I expected given the comments above. Nice to hear them trying to combine a modern vibe with their traditional sound, but it doesn't always work. Will stick with it...

I love it....brilliant album. Pretty good variation in track as well. & a good flow to the album me thinks.

End of the day is AWESOME! A couple of other good songs,then the rest is average to me.

So I see that this got 100% on melodicrock.com.

Do you think, when we do see a truly KILLER album in 2011, we'll see a score above 100%?

Do you think, when we do see a truly KILLER album in 2011, we'll see a score above 100%?

Well obviously he thinks that this is a killer album. Truth be told its not that far off being killer. I think its a fantastic return to form and really probably about as good as they could have produced in 2011.

Well obviously he thinks that this is a killer album. Truth be told its not that far off being killer. I think its a fantastic return to form and really probably about as good as they could have produced in 2011.

I think it's pretty awesome too, and is about as good as they could have done. My top pics from last year still beat it though, and it's not worth 100%...