Breaking News from FarCry

It is with deep regret we announce that for reasons of his own, Mark Giovi (lead vocals) has decided to leave FarCry, effective immediately. Mark explained that recent events unrelated to FarCry led up to this difficult decision for him. We truly wish Mark all the best in his future endeavors, and know that he’ll be successful in whatever he takes on.

After searching far and wide for someone to fill some big shoes, Mike Ledesma becomes the new vocalist for FarCry, bringing an incredible range, and a wealth of live experience singing melodic rock to the band. Rehearsals are underway as we speak so that we can fulfill our upcoming live commitments as seamlessly as possible. After hearing Mike sing, not only do we believe that he will be able to handle our existing repertoire live, but will definitely be a big part of the future direction for FarCry.

A little bit about Mike:

Mike Ledesma is a singer/songwriter/guitarist from New York City who began a music career at 18 when his first band, Devoshun, released a single on SMI Records featuring his guitar work, which landed him a job as a session guitarist for CBS Records and April Blackwood Productions. In just 2 short years he went from being a studio guitarist on commercials to being a staff writer/producer for RCA Records and Emerald Forest Music Publishing, an experience that taught him the value of good singers.

He had been singing since he was a child but it was time to learn real technique. He currently studies vocal mastery with voice coach Roger Posy. His vocal influences include Lou Gramm, Aretha Franklin, Dion Dimucci (The Belmonts), and Levi Stubbs (The Four Tops).

Mike has fronted NYC metal bands Panther, Next of Kin, and Hangtown during the heyday of the hair band era, and now sings for tribute acts Head Games The Foreigner Tribute, Adrenalize Def Leppard Tribute, and writes original music with many different local musicians. Mike has recently worked with Ted Poley and Vic Rivera as background singer and guitarist both live and in the studio. Mike is also an accomplished jazz guitarist and is now studying his new passion, flamenco guitar, with NYC teacher Dennis Koster.

We hope you’ll come out and see us as soon as possible and welcome Mike to the band!

Sorry to hear this news,but life happens (good or bad)and you need to move on.I wish the best for Mark and the rest of the band.

Yeah, sorry to hear about the departure, but glad to hear about the quick new arrival. Like Wes, looking forward to hearing some new material with him. :)

Good luck, doods, keep that train rolling.

Hey Folks

Yes this was a shocker for all of us. Both band and label are sad to see Mark move on. However, in life change is sometime unavoidable. We wish Mark the absolute best , both musiclly , professionaly and in his personal life. It was a pleasure and a great time having him a part of our family. He was , and IS a true friend of all of ours, thank you for everything Mark.

Now with that said, i would like to take this moment to welcome Mike Ledesma to the fold. We couldnt be happier with him coming on board, and we are confident that he will do the bands material justice and will even surprise a few of you with how good this guy really is. No one wants to see a singer replaced in a band they like. In this case though, this could truly be viewed as a evolution in this bands young career. Something that we hope the bands fans base welcome with the same ethutiasim as as we have. Now ofcourse, in the end, Proof is in the pudding. So come check the band out Fri at Mexacali in NJ, and in August at Maximum Capacity in Chicopee Ma with Firehouse. We look fwd to hearing your feedback.

In the meantime here are two clips showing off Mikes Vocal talents

Thank You

John

Good Luck to You Mark!!!! You're an excellent vocalist and person! Happy Trails :D

The Melodic Mafia Welcomes you to the Fold Mike!! Looking forward to meeting you and hearing you live! :headbanger:

Sorry to see Mark go :(

One thing's for sure, If this old lady comes up to me and tells me to move (Like at the last gig), I'm taking her out.. :stfu:

Good seeing you last night amigo!!! Glad you had a good time. Let me be the first to say in this forum for everyone that couldnt make it. Mike KILLED IT!!! Last night. Trust me when i say, FARCRY is nooooooot missing a step and are poping on all cylinders. This isnt just me talking. This is echoed sentiment from the people in attendence last night. It was fun watching people one by one, have thier mouths just drop on the floor as mike took over. Last night was a good time. FYI....To everyone that pre ordered the new cd from www.kivelrecords.com pre orders were shipped out yesterday and today.

Thanks

John

Good Luck to You Mark!!!! You're an excellent vocalist and person! Happy Trails :D

The Melodic Mafia Welcomes you to the Fold Mike!! Looking forward to meeting you and hearng you live! :headbanger:

Yes they do. :headbanger:

Thanx John!

It was great shootin the shit with ya last night as well. I love the story on how the Album cover came to be..

I gotta tell you the truth, When I heard Mark was no longer in the band, I almost backed out (For many reasons). I was also expecting a cluster fuck of loss of lyrics and a bad case of Deer in the headlights like pose from Mike (Kinda like the bass player of The Jersey Syndicate :whistle: ).

After only 2 (Yes Two) full set rehersals. Mike not only nailed it, he made the Farcry set list his very own. Not missing one beat, not one word was forgotten and the crowd adapted to him with open arms.

I'm not only glad I made this historical event, but I wan't to kick myself for even doubting the band and Kivel records for this remarkable transition.

Don't let the change in this lineup change your opinion on the band. Go see them!

I promise you they will not disappoint..

Here you go folks!!

Here is a vid clip from last nights show. Courtesey of the fine people at ROCKEYEZ. This is a song off the new album.

Wow great song and performance.

Backed!

punchy chorus, a total blast, Mike sure has a great range there :tumbsup: