Victory - Don't Talk Science

Mullethead

New Victory hitting in May? How did this slip by me? I found very little googling it but found it interesting that it was recorded in 2009. Anyone have any other info? Band members? Etc...

Don't Talk Science

CD

Artikel Nr. ZYX472440 (0090204724406)

Erscheinungsdatum: 27.5.2011

Genre: Hard ‘N Heavy

Label: Golden Core

Lieferant: ZYX Music GmbH & CO KG

Unser Preis: EUR 14,99

inkl. MwSt (ggf zzgl. Versandkosten)

Vorbestellbar

TRACKLISTE VON "DON'T TALK SCIENCE"

Track 1-13 von 13 | CD 1 von 1

1. Ressless

2. Speak Up

3. Rockstar

4. Love Kills Love

5. Burn Down The City

6. Down Load Down

7. Right Between The Eyes

8. Blinded By Darkness

9. No Return

10. Victim Of Lies

11. Go To Hell

12. Waiting For The Wind

13. I M So Excited

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13. I M So Excited

So the f*ck am I!!!

I had no idea about this either but this is the best news I've ever heard... assuming there is some resemblance to the original Victory in the band line-up. Fernando Garcia back in the fold is what I'd dream for most of all.

Samples of all tracks here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004ZZRKWC?ie=UTF8&child=B004ZZRLDU

I can't play all the tunes now, but hopefully later. Not sure who that is on vocals, but either way, based on what I quickly heard of the first song, it definitely sounds like Victory. Man, I am so excited about this one!!!

Samples of all tracks here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004ZZRKWC?ie=UTF8&child=B004ZZRLDU

I can't play all the tunes now, but hopefully later. Not sure who that is on vocals, but either way, based on what I quickly heard of the first song, it definitely sounds like Victory. Man, I am so excited about this one!!!

Sweet I will check em out! I'm very excited also, cannot wait!!!!!

this one also slipped under my radar, thanks for the info :guitbannana:

wikipedia stated this album is recorded in 2009, probably they're only able to seal a deal today with a label i suppose ?

wikipedia stated this album is recorded in 2009, probably they're only able to seal a deal today with a label i suppose ?

Idk..it's strange. Bands can release things independently today so it still sounds fishy. Also, who is in the band now? What is their official website so out of date?

Idk..it's strange. Bands can release things independently today so it still sounds fishy. Also, who is in the band now? What is their official website so out of date?

It is indeed strange. You would think that someone like a SPV or Frontiers would be excited to release a new Victory album. Maybe the last release (the re-records with new singer Jioti Parcharidis) sold so poorly that the higher profile labels didn't want to mess with it? Or like you said, why not release it themselves?

There's some discussion about the album here:

http://udoonline.pro...int&thread=1735

Sounds like there was some real doubt as to whether this album would ever see the light of day.

As for the line-up, if it's the post "Fuel to the Fire" members, I guess it would be:

Jioti Parcharidis: vocals

Herman Frank: guitars

Tommy Newton: guitars

Peter Knorn: bass

Achim Keller: drums

But who the hell really knows. Their website and even their Wikipedia page just kinda stop with any updates at all right after FttF was release. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I'll have to get this one at some point as I got into Victory about two years ago, and managed to pick up all their studio albums except the debut.

I hate the fact that the debut is self titled as the word Victory us so generic and damn near impossible to search on eBay or Amazon etc without bringing up 100's of CDs about WWII etc.

Probably couldnt afford it now if I found it anyway :(

I'll have to get this one at some point as I got into Victory about two years ago, and managed to pick up all their studio albums except the debut.

I hate the fact that the debut is self titled as the word Victory us so generic and damn near impossible to search on eBay or Amazon etc without bringing up 100's of CDs about WWII etc.

victory-cover-web.JPG

I just saw that Victory s/t debut has been re-issued, available May 16.

"Yesterrock/ Sony will re-issue the ultra-rare German Hard Rock classic "Victory" by Hanover based band VICTORY on May16th, 2011".

http://www.yesterrock.com/news

Back on topic though, I am certainly looking forward to their new album. I didn't start getting into Victory until a couple of years ago but have all their albums now and love them.

victory-cover-web.JPG

I just saw that Victory s/t debut has been re-issued, available May 16.

"Yesterrock/ Sony will re-issue the ultra-rare German Hard Rock classic "Victory" by Hanover based band VICTORY on May16th, 2011".

http://www.yesterrock.com/news

Back on topic though, I am certainly looking forward to their new album. I didn't start getting into Victory until a couple of years ago but have all their albums now and love them.

This is great news! I had the original-original back when and it sold for over $60...and that was 4-5 years ago. I also had the Metronome release of Don't Get Mad (which is arguably their best release with Huhn)not the shitty sounding Mercenary release. I have since looked for both with no luck.

I know everyone has to be tired of me saying this but again, especially after looking at their catelogue as a whole...maybe the best German band EVER.

The last release left a blemmish though.

Why dont one of you hit Hermann up on Facebook? maybe that would be the most sensible thing to do? I would but I really don't give a fuck, Culture Killed left Victory in a place they will never be back to for me! i'll just get it whenever i see it,. but if you really want to know the info, i know im not the only one of you thats friends with Frank, so why dont you axe him?

Why dont one of you hit Hermann up on Facebook? maybe that would be the most sensible thing to do? I would but I really don't give a fuck, Culture Killed left Victory in a place they will never be back to for me! i'll just get it whenever i see it,. but if you really want to know the info, i know im not the only one of you thats friends with Frank, so why dont you axe him?

Probably because I am not friends with him on Facebook. I am buying it when it comes out so if all else fails I will wait and find out then. Culture is one of their best albums but not the end of them for sure as You Bought it, Voiceprint, Temples are all equally as good imo.

Actually, even though the singer is an unknown, the sound samples on Amazon sound really good. I'll have to pick this one up.

As for Victory discs, I've reassmbled most of their discography except for the 2 most recent discs and the S/T (which I had originally).

Regarding the difference in audio quality between the two pressings of Don't Get Mad..., what exactly is the difference? I have the Mercenary pressing.

-Dan

Actually, even though the singer is an unknown, the sound samples on Amazon sound really good. I'll have to pick this one up.

As for Victory discs, I've reassmbled most of their discography except for the 2 most recent discs and the S/T (which I had originally).

Regarding the difference in audio quality between the two pressings of Don't Get Mad..., what exactly is the difference? I have the Mercenary pressing.

-Dan

HUGE difference Dan, HUGE. I bought the Mercenary release back when and it had tons of hissing, it was quiet, just overall very poor sound. I came across the Metronome release by accident and had no idea it would sound better. I have the Metronome version ripped if you want I can send you the files to compare the two?

Someone must have known I guess because when I sold my copy 4-5 years ago I got $48 for it.

Samples sound awesome but why do they do samples before the chorus? Geez...

I also think the new singer sounds good but man, somewhere in there I can here Fernando...:)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this album, and it KICKS ASS! Wow! Some songs remind me of the Jaded Heart "Helluva Time" album, and thats a GOOD thing!

Come hear some tracks on my radio show Wednesday May 25 from 7-10 PM EST!

"This week The Metal Madman Radio Show brings you a CD showcase of the new album by PAGAN'S MIND titled "Heavenly Ecstasy"! On top of that brand new music from VICTORY, RUBICON CROSS (FEAT. CJ SNARE FROM FIREHOUSE), THE SACRIFICED, MERGING FLARE, REVERENCE, EUMERIA, ALYSON AVENUE, and MORE!"

Where

http://www.themetalmadman.com/tunein.html

Chatroom (During showtime)

http://www.themetalmadman.com/chat

Just got this album, and it KICKS ASS! Wow! Some songs remind me of the Jaded Heart "Helluva Time" album, and thats a GOOD thing!

"This week The Metal Madman Radio Show brings you a CD showcase of the new album by PAGAN'S MIND titled "Heavenly Ecstasy"! On top of that brand new music from VICTORY, RUBICON CROSS (FEAT. CJ SNARE FROM FIREHOUSE), THE SACRIFICED, MERGING FLARE, REVERENCE, EUMERIA, ALYSON AVENUE, and MORE!"

Where

So who is selling this thing?

Where

hey J, watch Amazon UK, it will be released on June 6th

heard the snippets of this album, and it's a crazy awesome stuff! :party421:

Where

hey J, watch Amazon UK, it will be released on June 6th

heard the snippets of this album, and it's a crazy awesome stuff! :party421:

Geez, isn't anyone around here going to carry this thing?

Hey Mullethead,

Buy.com has it, release date 6/6/11:

http://www.buy.com/prod/don-t-talk-science/q/loc/109/221861442.html

Album Notes and Credits

Notes & Personnel Info

Personnel: Jioti Parcharidis (vocals); Herman Frank, Tommy Newton (guitars, background vocals); Achim Keller (drums).

Recording information: Area 51 Studio, Celle, Germany; Arena 20 Studio, Hannover, Germany.

Photographer: Kai Swillus.

Technical Info

Release Date : 06/06/2011

Catalog ID : 200582

Label : Golden Core Records

Number of Discs : 1

SPAR Code : n/a

UPC : 00090204724406

Song Listing

Disc 1

Song Title Sample

1. Restless ------

2. Speak Up ------

3. Rock Star ------

4. Love Kills Love ------

5. Burn Down The City ------

6. Down Load Down ------

7. Right Between The Eyes ------

8. Blinded By Darkness ------

9. No Return ------

10. Victim of Lies ------

11. Go to Hell ------

12. Waiting For The Wind ------

13. I'm So Excited

Like this review!!

VICTORY has returned with one of the best albums of their entire career.

The band has managed to unite the magical moments of the golden '80s with modern sounds but faithful to their pedigree.

There's no weak track on this disc, varied and always entertaining.

The band sounds powerful, fresh, plenty of ideas and with an astonishing musicianship. Both axe-men offer a monster wall of guitars and vocalist Jioti is one of the best I heard in recent years.

Production is first rate, crisp and big, I mean; BIG.

Think the last TREAT album in terms of quality and energy. Yes, it's that good.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.