Have You Ever Thrown Your Cell Phone?

eaglesfan3000

I was all pissed off last Wednesday and I threw my cell phone and broke it. It had a Otter Box to protect it that broke off and protected it for the first toss and that pissed me off even more so I spiked it again and twisted the phone and the battery went flying. I put it back together and the damn thing booted up, but it can't make calls.

I went to Sprint the next day and they ordered me a new Blackberry for free since I had the insurance (I love Sprint) and they said it should be here on Monday. So needless to say being without a phone for almost five days makes me realize how much I depend on the damn thing. I use it for an alarm in the morning, the internet, and we use our cell phones as a home phone as well to save money.

How about you guys have you ever chucked your phone and how much do you really depend on it for daily use?

Yep, my piece of shit is in for repairs at the moment. Useless c*nts at Samsung. Yes, it broke for good this last time because I threw it at full speeds into our carpeted floor, but I only did that because the c*nt thing was already so f*cked up already.

I'm lucky that I have my wife's old phone to use in the meantime because like you, Bob, we got rid of our phone at home and we just use our mobile / cell phones. I also use it as my alarm.

I've never thrown it but my son, when he was very little, did. We were in the supermarket and he was riding in the shopping cart, I gave him my phone to fool around with/keep him quiet, and suddenly he chucked it straight down onto the floor. CRACK. Broke the screen and everything. I was less than thrilled :hammer:

Yep, my piece of shit is in for repairs at the moment. Useless c*nts at Samsung. Yes, it broke for good this last time because I threw it at full speeds into our carpeted floor, but I only did that because the c*nt thing was already so f*cked up already.

I'm lucky that I have my wife's old phone to use in the meantime because like you, Bob, we got rid of our phone at home and we just use our mobile / cell phones. I also use it as my alarm.

YES!!! You are the man Geoff.

I've never thrown it but my son, when he was very little, did. We were in the supermarket and he was riding in the shopping cart, I gave him my phone to fool around with/keep him quiet, and suddenly he chucked it straight down onto the floor. CRACK. Broke the screen and everything. I was less than thrilled :hammer:

Uh oh, did someone go into timeout when they got home?

Never thrown it, but lost one in the yard in the fall and found it in the spring, damn thing still worked after being buried in snow half the winter, I was amazed.

• My Little Pony

YES!!! You are the man Geoff.

Wow. I'm sure not even his wife has ever said that.

To answer the question: no, I have never thrown my phone. I have a very high tolerance and self-restraint, even when dealing with the worst people.

I was in a Cont. Ed class last year for my contracting license. The instructor had his phone on vibrate and I heard buzzing at least 4 different times. In mid sentence, he grabbed the phone and slung the piss out of it. Don't know if he broke it but I didn't hear it buzzing any more.

And yes, I've thrown my phone many time.

Hit mine with a hammer once! The bastard thing kept telling me we cant connect your call. So i said connect with this then you fucker! :crash:

• My Little Pony

Hit mine with a hammer once! The bastard thing kept telling me we cant connect your call. So i said connect with this then you fucker! :crash:

Probably the best use that emoticon will ever have!

• 3 months later...