Last night was GLORIOUS!

heavyharmonies

As a lifelong Philadelphia Eagles fan, last night was darned near orgasmic. The 55-gallon drum of whoop-ass that the Eagles unleashed on the Deadskins on national TV was truly epic.

While Vick was a scrambler with Atlanta, the coaching he has received at Philadelphia has transformed him into one dangerous all-around quarterback. Yes, it's only 1 game, and this coming weekend against the Giants will be a tougher test, but that first quarter last night showed him commanding the field better than just about any quarterback I've ever seen... in all aspects of the game. It was amazing.

The 59-28 win set all sorts of records:

The 88-yard TD opening play for the Eagles was the longest in team history.

The 45 points in the first half was the most in Eagles history and broke the NFL all-time record for a road team.

The 592 yards of total offense by the Eagles was the highest in team history.

Vick became the first player in NFL history to pass for over 300 yards, run for over 50, throw for 4 TDs and run for 2 TDs in a single game.

The 28 points the Eagles scored in the first quarter was the highest by a road team in NFL history (not just MNF history).

The 59 Eagles' points was the highest in MNF history.

It also led to one of the most amazing on-air rants ever to grace the airwaves, from a Washington DJ. It's almost 13 minutes long, but well worth the listen:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2010/11/16/1818408/dc-sportstalk-host-goes-on-one-of-the-most-epic-rants-you-will-ever?ref=yahoo

There are some mighty pissed off fans in Washington...

-Dan

Watching the Redskins get spanked was eerily similar to watching the Broncos kick my Chiefs ass this weekend.

But damn, wouldn't you say Vick is the best quarterback in the NFL right now, I'd say he is even better than Peyton Manning right now. What a show he put on!

I fucking fell asleep and woke up in the third quarter and it was 45-14 so I watched it and then Washington scored, I said fuck it and went back to bed only to find out the they killed em 59-28. Go figure probably one of the best Eagles games of all time and I missed it.

Love it. Shame the Chiefs season seems to have gone tits up, but always good to see the Eeeeeeagles win!

So who are favourites for the Superbowl now?

I'm one of those pissed off Redskins fans (been a fan since the 80s when they had Joe Theisman, Art Monk, Riggins, etc etc). I think the radio rant by Chad sums it up quite nice.

The Chad rant is also at...

http://1067thefandc.cbslocal.com/2010/11/16/chad-dukes-rant-on-the-redskins-59-28-loss/

I absolutely HATE Dan Snyder, and have for years.

It wasn't all that long ago that certain people thought that Vick should be drawn and quartered not idolized..... what short memories we have....

I think we all were outraged when the initial allegations came to light. The assumption (for the most part) at the time was that he would skate and get off free, like too many professional athletes do.

However, he was convicted and did his time. You can argue that the sentence was too lenient, but that is not Vick's fault; that's either a problem with the laws in place, or the dealmakers on both sides.

Given that professional sports has already set the precedent that convicted murderers are allowed back on the field, why shouldn't Vick be given the same opportunity?

From all reports, he appears to have turned his life around off the field, and is making a conscious effort to make the best of the opportunity given him. Watch his interviews and press conferences now and compare them to ones he did in Atlanta. There's a level of contrition and humility there now that was not there before, and you don't see the swagger and braggadocio that WAS there before.

Granted, all it takes is the next news report, Deadspin.com, National Enquirer, etc. to completely upset the apple cart, but indications are he's made progress.

-Dan

It wasn't all that long ago that certain people thought that Vick should be drawn and quartered not idolized..... what short memories we have....

I think we all were outraged when the initial allegations came to light. The assumption (for the most part) at the time was that he would skate and get off free, like too many professional athletes do.

However, he was convicted and did his time. You can argue that the sentence was too lenient, but that is not Vick's fault; that's either a problem with the laws in place, or the dealmakers on both sides.

Given that professional sports has already set the precedent that convicted murderers are allowed back on the field, why shouldn't Vick be given the same opportunity?

From all reports, he appears to have turned his life around off the field, and is making a conscious effort to make the best of the opportunity given him. Watch his interviews and press conferences now and compare them to ones he did in Atlanta. There's a level of contrition and humility there now that was not there before, and you don't see the swagger and braggadocio that WAS there before.

Granted, all it takes is the next news report, Deadspin.com, National Enquirer, etc. to completely upset the apple cart, but indications are he's made progress.

-Dan

I sincerely hope you are right and he has changed because I like to believe people can change and deserve a second chance.....I'm just not sold on his turnaround.....I also believe it is much easier for the public to forgive and forget when the person in question is doing well in the NFL....

-Dan

I sincerely hope you are right and he has changed because I like to believe people can change and deserve a second chance.....I'm just not sold on his turnaround.....I also believe it is much easier for the public to forgive and forget when the person in question is doing well in the NFL....

I know I'm being lazy and could go to Google, but to keep it on the board, what did he do?

-Dan

I know I'm being lazy and could go to Google, but to keep it on the board, what did he do?

You might not like what you find out about his past if you love dogs, especially pitbulls.

41nMljgOQVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Lost Dogs: Michael Vick's Dogs and Their Tale of Rescue and Redemption [Hardcover]

Editorial Reviews

From Publishers Weekly

Expanding on his Sports Illustrated cover story, Gorant (Fanatic) offers a chilling investigation into Michael Vick' s dog-fighting operation and the men and women who brought him to justice and rehabilitated the rescued dogs. Gorant outlines the rise of Bad Newz Kennels, describing in sometimes painful detail the abuse, torture, and execution of the animals--particularly disturbing is an episode in which Vick and a friend swing a failed fighting dog over their heads like a jump rope and kill it by repeatedly slamming it into the ground--and tracing the rescue of dozens of pit bulls seized from Vick' s property. Gorant outlines the efforts to save these animals from euthanasia, challenging the negative public perceptions of pit bulls and reporting back on the status of dogs like Sox (now a certified therapy dog), Zippy (adopted by a family of five), and Iggy (still shy but growing comfortable with his adopted circle of friends). At a time when Vick has returned to professional football and much of the public outcry about Bad Newz Kennels has been forgotten, this book provides a stark reminder about the horror and prevalence of dog fighting.

Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Review

"The Lost Dogs takes an up close and personal look at society's ultimate underdogs, and the animal lovers who bucked the odds-- and the system--to save them. Gorant has crafted an insightful and uplifting tale about the way that nurture can sometimes triumph over nature, and how the remnants of cruelty can be transformed through the power of hope and love."

-Allen St. John, author of The Billion Dollar Game: Behind the Scenes at the Super Bowl

"Swinging between the sordid actions of Michael Vick and his dog-fighting cohorts and the stories of the animals rescued from their clutches, Jim Gorant provides a powerful narrative that is, at times, heartbreaking, but also illuminating and inspirational. You will come away from The Lost Dogs warmed by the knowledge that it wasn't only Vick who got a second chance."

-George Dohrmann

"[The Lost Dogs] should be read by dog lovers. I was surprised to learn that three-quarter of the dogs could be completely rehabilitated. They were either traumatized and scared or friendly dogs who had spent too much time in a barren kennel."

-Temple Grandin, author Animals in Translation

"Jim Gorant's remarkably even-handed The Lost Dogs is a gripping story of redemption that uncovers the other side of the Michael Vick story. A portrait of dogs as individuals, caught up in events that reveal the best and worst of human nature, The Lost Dogs will validate dog lovers and possibly transform cynics as well."

-Ken Foster, author of The Dogs Who Found Me

"Jim Gorant goes beyond the headlines of Michael Vick and the Bad News Kennels to richly tell the rest of the story: how these amazing dogs, in the wake of such brutality, help bring out the best in the human spirit."

-Tom Verducci, author of The Yankee Years

"Beautifully written and forthright [...] The Lost Dogs should make some news; not just for animal lovers but for anyone pondering the human propensity for violence and goodness."

-Library Journal

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Dogs-Michael-Rescue-Redemption/dp/1592405509/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1290044369&sr=1-1

:omg:

I don't recall seeing anything about it in the English press. It's really sick.

Tough one to forgive, as much as I want to see the Eagles do well, I would struggle to like this fella.

Interestingly, there is a player in English football who served 2 months in prison recently after he groped a woman in a club, she tried to push him away and he punched her in the face, breaking her nose. Most football fans hate him; he will be jeered at every ground he plays this season and probably for longer than that. Would you forgive him if he was playing for your team? Not sure I could. Worth reading this if you haven't seen it before: Telegraph article

• My Little Pony

"Last night was a riot!"

Sorry, this has nothing to do with this thread, but every time I see it I start singing Marchello!

Ive always critizized dog killer, because I figured why play a rb at qb, but it seems Vick has been touched by some kind of IQ bug, he has figured out the Steve Young philosiphy, that if he works on his accuracy, timing, form, learns how to make reads on the Defense, check off coverage problems, spot blitzes, etc. and develops himself as an all around QB, and not just a freak show that takes off running all the time, he can be far more effective, and I have to humbaly say, opposing teams are in alot of trouble, because what he's done is become the most dangerous player in the nfl,

As a lifelong Falcons fan and dog enthusiast, I automatically hate the lying sack of shit. Head's up to the Eagles fans: Don't be suprised on your wedding day if this fuck leaves you standing at the altar.

Also, don't sleep with him:

Scum

And don't go to his birthday party:

Bag

As a lifelong Falcons fan and dog enthusiast, I automatically hate the lying sack of shit. Head's up to the Eagles fans: Don't be suprised on your wedding day if this fuck leaves you standing at the altar.

Also, don't sleep with him:

Scum

And don't go to his birthday party:

Bag

Agreed, but he's become a dangerous QB, search prior Vick posts and you'll see I almost got banned for expressing my feelings about this waste of skin!!

Agreed, but he's become a dangerous QB, search prior Vick posts and you'll see I almost got banned for expressing my feelings about this waste of skin!!

Sarcasm fail.

What you seem to fail to grasp is that it's not so much what you are saying that repeatedly gets you in trouble, but rather HOW you choose to express yourself. And lest you think that I have a beef with you, it's only when I've gotten multiple complaints from other members and/or moderators that action has been taken.

Obligatory on-topic content: This weekend will be a tougher test, as I think that NY has a better defense than Washington does. One game doth not a career make, no matter how exciting that one game was to watch. Vick needs to perform consistently for the remainder of the season before conclusions can be drawn.

Some of the media claims for Vick as MVP and that the Eagles are now going to the Super Bowl are WAY over the top. Let's see what happens... this might have been a single game fluke.

-Dan

Some of the media claims for Vick as MVP and that the Eagles are now going to the Super Bowl are WAY over the top. Let's see what happens... this might have been a single game fluke.

-Dan

Interesting; so who are your tips?

Sarcasm fail.

What you seem to fail to grasp is that it's not so much what you are saying that repeatedly gets you in trouble, but rather HOW you choose to express yourself. And lest you think that I have a beef with you, it's only when I've gotten multiple complaints from other members and/or moderators that action has been taken.

Obligatory on-topic content: This weekend will be a tougher test, as I think that NY has a better defense than Washington does. One game doth not a career make, no matter how exciting that one game was to watch. Vick needs to perform consistently for the remainder of the season before conclusions can be drawn.

-Dan

All personal feelings aside on Vick, I don't feel he should be MVP at this point and here's why:

The Eagles have won without him. A Kolb lead Eagles team kicked the crap out of my Falcons a few weeks ago. I really feel that you guys could win with either at QB. Will Vick take ya'll deeper in the playoffs? Maybe. But Reid has built a VERY talented team, especially at the skilled positions.

I will say this, Vick never had this type of talent in the ATL. From the coaches to the wide receivers, this is a far better team than he's ever had. And yes, he has matured as a passer. When he was with us, he threw as many young passers do, high. His accuracy is much better now.

That's all the positive things I can say about him and that took a lot of out me. If you don't mind, I'm going to slam a few beers and punch something of no value very hard. :lol:

Sarcasm fail.

-Dan

Dan, that was not a shot at you, I don't take shot's at anybody on HH! and if you scan my posts you'll see the most Ive ever got into it with anyone it was with Jacob, and that was a long time ago, I was merely telling Clutch to search through my Vick posts, and he will find my hatred of Vick stems so deep that I shot my mouth off so willingly and honestly, that I was warned, then even after being warned, couldn't help myself taking it to the point, that I was almost banned, I hate him, have criticized, him and gone on to explain he's your stereotypical example of you can take the n*$%!r out of the geto, but you cant take the geto out of the ni#&er! so Dan, I don't believe for a second you have a beef with me at all, you've actually been very patient and lenient with me, when I feel adamant and passionately about shit, I sometimes let my ass overload my mouth, and say some things that might not be to everyone else's liking, you've totally misunderstood my post, and I apologize if it seemed I was taking a shot at you!

Dan, that was not a shot at you, I don't take shot's at anybody on HH! and if you scan my posts you'll see the most Ive ever got into it with anyone it was with Jacob, and that was a long time ago, I was merely telling Clutch to search through my Vick posts, and he will find my hatred of Vick stems so deep that I shot my mouth off so willingly and honestly, that I was warned, then even after being warned, couldn't help myself taking it to the point, that I was almost banned, I hate him, have criticized, him and gone on to explain he's your stereotypical example of you can take the n*$%!r out of the geto, but you cant take the geto out of the ni#&er! so Dan, I don't believe for a second you have a beef with me at all, you've actually been very patient and lenient with me, when I feel adamant and passionately about shit, I sometimes let my ass overload my mouth, and say some things that might not be to everyone else's liking, you've totally misunderstood my post, and I apologize if it seemed I was taking a shot at you!

No biggie. We're cool.

-Dan

Think I'm with Clutch on this one. As purely a player, he has always been exciting to watch. But as a person, and I judge him solely on the dogfighting allegations which landed him in prison, the guy is an inhuman fucktard!

Should Eagle owner (Jeffrey Lurie?) "swing Vick over his head like a jump rope and kill him by repeatedly slamming him into the ground" if he falters and the Eagles go on a losing skid? Hard for me to cheer for someone capable of that type of torturous brutality! Just sayin'.

Think I'm with Clutch on this one. As purely a player, he has always been exciting to watch. But as a person, and I judge him solely on the dogfighting allegations which landed him in prison, the guy is an inhuman fucktard!

Should Eagle owner (Jeffrey Lurie?) "swing Vick over his head like a jump rope and kill him by repeatedly slamming him into the ground" if he falters and the Eagles go on a losing skid? Hard for me to cheer for someone capable of that type of torturous brutality! Just saying'.

I also made that comment, if he doesn't perform to expectation he should be executed, some of the shit I keep hearing about what he did?? fighting pit bulls against labs, locking pits up with cocker spaniels, electrocuting pits, hanging them, torturing them, this scumbag motherfucking nigger, the fact he would do that just seals what a waste of fucking skin he is, AND FOR YOU PEOPLE THAT THINK 'M RACIST, IF HE WERE ANY OTHER COLOR, ID USE THE DEROGATORY TERM FOR WHATEVER IT WAS, he's a load that shouldve been swallowed, anybody that would do those things to anything that's alive is mentally behind the rest of society, they are a step down the evolutionary chain, and where he finds all this trouble, and none of it has anything to do with drugs, just goes to prove what an even bigger piece of shit he really is, he just gets in all this shit for fun, what a fucking shcluck!