ISSA (Brother Firetribe Meets Treat)

DrumRman

For me it will always be an easy choice.......

Proper rock > pop/rock.

But how is this any less "proper" rock than any one of the 80 million projects all these guys and Magnus Larsson are already involved in? Is it just because it's a female singer this time?

To me, this is as "heavy" as the new Allen/Lande or Avantasia CD... it just relies more on the 'Dying for an angel' type of songs than the lame shithouse speed metal songs that destroy albums like the Avantasia ones. Just because the hooks could force this album to sell a million copies if someone at a radio station actually took notice doesn't mean it's not as valid as the shitty heavy rock / metal CDs these clowns are releasing by the minute. :)

• 2 months later...

9. As I Live & Breathe - My pick of the album! Great intro...instantly more uptempo and rocking. Verses almost suffer the same fate as earlier, but then step-up a gear - nice. Good hook and an urgent second verse and then WOW a solo. And the sort of solo I would expect on an album like this - seriously cool stuff. At last ISSA has found her claws! (9/10)

I've been giving this a few spins of late.

Has anyone else noticed the 2nd lick in the solo is almost note for note for the 2nd lick in the "Livin' On A Prayer' solo????

Surely this is not coincidence?

9. As I Live & Breathe - My pick of the album! Great intro...instantly more uptempo and rocking. Verses almost suffer the same fate as earlier, but then step-up a gear - nice. Good hook and an urgent second verse and then WOW a solo. And the sort of solo I would expect on an album like this - seriously cool stuff. At last ISSA has found her claws! (9/10)

Has anyone else noticed the 2nd lick in the solo is almost note for note for the 2nd lick in the "Livin' On A Prayer' solo????

Hey guys,

Check out the nerd!

Hey guys,

Check out the nerd!

wot nerd as in he's actually listening to ISSA ;-)

I can tell this is going to be one of those CDs where, in a few years, people are going to start realising how good it is and they'll be all like, "Wow, Beavis... hehe... uh, this CD is actually really excellent. Humph... hoo, haa... I sure wish I'd listened to Geoff - who is always right anyway - back when this was released so I could have enjoyed it more. Man I wish I was smarter, like Geoff. He always knows good music when he hears it. If only I was Geoff." And then you'll cry, but I won't care. I might even laugh at your tears and bump threads like this.

Posers.

I can tell this is going to be one of those CDs where, in a few years, people are going to start realising how good it is and they'll be all like, "Wow, Beavis... hehe... uh, this CD is actually really excellent. Humph... hoo, haa... I sure wish I'd listened to Geoff - who is always right anyway - back when this was released so I could have enjoyed it more. Man I wish I was smarter, like Geoff. He always knows good music when he hears it. If only I was Geoff." And then you'll cry, but I won't care. I might even laugh at your tears and bump threads like this.

Posers.

Well I suppose Cowell is taking X-Factor to the States, so if he uses the song 'unbelievable', she could get some exposure that way ;-)

Or maybe if she posed for Playboy.....now that would be something to get excited about :bananamac:

• 6 years later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Those vocals SUCK. :popcorn:

+1

good songs wasted imo

Agree. Music sounds great. Her vocals ruin what could/would have been some nice tunes.

Jeez u guys need to take each others dicks outta your ears... :rolleyes:

+1

good songs wasted imo

Agree. Music sounds great. Her vocals ruin what could/would have been some nice tunes.

She's shit mate....trust me I've seen her live

+1

good songs wasted imo

I'd still have sexual intercourse with her. :wub:

• 2023 Gold Donors

+1

good songs wasted imo

Yeah I have heard bad reports about her live performances but I still like her albums.