rank the PIXAR films

66 mustang

It seems like that's all Mrs Junky and I go to the movies to see (We don't even have kids)..

MONSTERS INC

UP

RATATOUILLE

A BUG'S LIFE

TOY STORY

INCREDIBLES was very boring to me (I fell asleep in the theatre).

How 'bout MONSTERS VS ALIENS?

Only seen these 3:

1. Finding Nemo

(and didn't overly care for these two):

2. Toy Story

3. Toy Story 2

Can't say I really want to see the others at all. Who does stuff like Madagascar, Ice Age, Over The Hedge, Happy Feet and that one based on Little Red Riding Hood? I thought they were much better than what I imagine this crop to be like.

1. Cars

2. Finding Nemo

3. Toy Story

4. Toy Story 2

5. WALL-E

6. Incredibles

7. Monsters Inc.

8. UP

9. Ratatouille

10. A Bug's Life

have not seen Toy Story 3 yet. probably go this week

Cars is underrated imo, nice to see it high in your list. I suppose I'd go:

1. Monsters Inc (such a great film, fantastic dialogue with barely a word wasted - 10/10)

2. Toy Story 2

3. Toy Story

4. Finding Nemo

5. Cars

6. Incredibles

Up and Ratatouille are okay, but not up to the standard of these 5 imo and I haven't see WALL-E. A Bug's Life came out at the same time as Antz, which for me blew it away. Much funnier and great, great voices (e.g. Woody Allen as an ant with a tortured soul - genius).

I haven't seen all of the Pixars but of the ones I have seen, I'd say my faves were:

Monsters Inc. (Billy Crystal's voice work kills me)

Cars (my son's fave film, so it's a good thing I like it too; cuz he watches it OVER and OVER and OVER...)

The Incredibles

Ratatouille

Bug's Life

Toy Story (orig.) - never seen "2" or "3"

Only seen these 3:

1. Finding Nemo

(and didn't overly care for these two):

2. Toy Story

3. Toy Story 2

Can't say I really want to see the others at all. Who does stuff like Madagascar, Ice Age, Over The Hedge, Happy Feet and that one based on Little Red Riding Hood? I thought they were much better than what I imagine this crop to be like.

The Ice Age films are great, the 3rd was possibly even better than the first two, plus Shrek and Shrek 2 were excellent, but I think Monsters Inc is the best film of this type. I really recommend checking it out, such a funny film.

Toy Story 1 & 2 are probably the best........excellent entertainment.

I really enjoyed The Incredibles as well. You gotta love the French terrorist 'Bomb Voyage', brilliant.

Finding Nemo is also v good.

Havent seen Monsters Inc (my wife has and says its v good), Up or WALL-E.........

Absolutely love Ice Age 1 & 2 (havent seen 3).....Scrat is the best animated character ever IMO.

Cant stand Shrek.......although the donkey was mildly amusing.

Other than Ratatouille (A realistic mute rat controlling a chef under his hat...creepy!!!) they are all brilliant. Toy Story 3 is fantastic a must see.

Shrek is from Dreamworks...right? Not a Pixar thing.

Yup, Shrek is from Dreamworks, not Pixar. So was "Monsters Vs. Aliens" and the "Madagascar" flicks.

"Ice Age," and its sequels are from 20th Century Fox, as was "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs."

1. UP

2. Toy Story

3. WALL-E

4. Monsters, Inc.

5. Toy Story 2

6. Finding Nemo

7. A Bug's Life

8. The Incredibles

I haven't seen Cars or Ratatouille. While 1-7 are pretty close, I really disliked The Incredibles.

Interesting how most dislike The Incredibles...one of my fave's!

1. Monsters Inc. & Finding Nemo & The Incredibles

2. Toy Story 1-3 (All are excellent)

3. A Bugs Life

4. Cars

5. Up

6. Ratatouille

And no offense, but Wall-E was just plain bad...

backed.

PS i only commented on Shrek and Ice Age above as others had done previously. I know they are not PIXAR.

backed.

PS i only commented on Shrek and Ice Age above as others had done previously. I know they are not PIXAR.

Ditto - I commented as they are films of the same genre, so worth comparing. Can't say I care too much who produced them.

Agree about The Incredibles, btw, it is very good. I also love Finding Nemo, but for me Monsters Inc stands alone as it is a perfect film - great for kids, very funny for adults, brilliant characters and excellent dialogue. Oh, and a fantastic ending.

TOP PIXAR FILMS:

1.) Monsters Inc. (Way above the rest)

2.) Cars

3.) Finding Nemo

4.) A Bug's Life

5.) WALL-E

6.) Incredibles

7.) Toy Story

8.) Toy Story 2

HAVE NOT SEEN THESE:

Toy Story 3

Ratatouille

UP

Anyone know what order they are in as far as money goes?

According to Wikipedia (dunno how up-to-date their info is), Pixar's all time champ is "Finding Nemo," with a worldwide gross of $867 million and change (!!), followed by "UP" ($731 mil) "The Incredibles" ($631 mil) and "Ratatouille" ($623 mil).

BTW, Terry (Martinsane) and Glen - count me in as a big fan of "The Incredibles" as well. That flick pushed two of my major Geek buttons (animation and superhero/comic book action); it was incredibly (haha) well done. I wouldn't mind a sequel to that one somewhere down the road (Wiki sez that they already have "Cars 2" and "Monsters Inc. 2" in the pipeline though).

According to Wikipedia (dunno how up-to-date their info is), Pixar's all time champ is "Finding Nemo," with a worldwide gross of $867 million and change (!!), followed by "UP" ($731 mil) "The Incredibles" ($631 mil) and "Ratatouille" ($623 mil).

BTW, Terry (Martinsane) and Glen - count me in as a big fan of "The Incredibles" as well. That flick pushed two of my major Geek buttons (animation and superhero/comic book action); it was incredibly (haha) well done. I wouldn't mind a sequel to that one somewhere down the road (Wiki sez that they already have "Cars 2" and "Monsters Inc. 2" in the pipeline though).

I bet CARS merchandise out ranks all the rest though.

I bet CARS merchandise out ranks all the rest though.

I bought a little Nemo stuffed toy fish for my wife a few years back that would disagree with that. ;)

Sorry to rain on this parade but I think CGI has lost its magic for me after Toy Story 2. There were just toooooo many of these movies and ALOT are just mediocre at best. I'm still sticking with my Hayao Miyazaki cartoons.

Sorry to rain on this parade but I think CGI has lost its magic for me after Toy Story 2. There were just toooooo many of these movies and ALOT are just mediocre at best. I'm still sticking with my Hayao Miyazaki cartoons.

There are till plenty of great CGI films - as mentioned earlier, Ice Age 3 was great and there are plenty of others. Monsters Versus Aliens springs to mind - very, very funny film. Some dross around too, but all genres have their weaker output.

As for Miyazaki, I enjoyed Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke, bizarre though they were. Howl's Moving Castle was just too weird for its own good, I didn't really enjoy it. Any other tips? I really want to see The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, that one looks very interesting.