Dizzy Dean Davidson Rejoins Britny Fox

whiplash1972

http://www.sleazerox...0/0508bri.shtml

Dizzy Dean Davidson Rejoins Britny Fox

May 8, 2010

Vocalist Dizzy Dean Davidson has revealed that he is rejoining Britny Fox for a new album.

Dean states, "Hello my friends. Been busy with personal business! Back on Facebook, going to be releasing detailed info about my return to old band "BRITNY FOX". Yes... Britny Fox! With a new album and record deal, major tour, merchandise and more. More details in the next few weeks. Have a great weekend."

In late March Dean Davidson posted a new rough edit video of "New York City Night". The song first appeared on his 'Drive My Karma' solo release and will be the title of his upcoming follow-up album.

Dean and the band will be filmed later this year in New York City for what will be the final master video, for now this is a rough cut version. The filming of the album will take place in Woodstock, New York. The documentary reality film is titled "30 Days In Woodstock", and topics on the music business and the reality of the business, a full spectrum of being in the moment with Dean and the band. Make sure you sign up for Dean's Newsletter at www.deandavidson.com to get all the latest news on the making of the album.

Courtesy of www.sleazeroxx.com and www.deandavidson.com

I suppose this was inevitable... the question is, will anybody still care? :blink:

The last I heard it was just Billy Childs left with 3 other guys so this is good news.

Although I prefered Tommy Paris on vocals I did love both of the Dizzy fronted discs so will be interested to see what they come up and hope it's the all original lineup from the first record with Billy, Michael and Johnny. Not sure if Johnny can do it though since he stays busy with Doro.

This will certainly be interesting. I wonder if Billy will be involved and if not will there be an L.A. Guns type of situation where there will be two competing bands who claim to be the "real" one? I wonder if Michael will join in too. I can imagine Johnny being on the album but not on the tour. I'd be interested to know more about this.

If anything, this will be better than Dean's latest crap "Drive My Karma".

I wouldnt get too excited about this as Dean has had a lot of different musical influences on all the albums he has released since leaving BF, and I'd be worried that he would try to steer the band in his own direction.

For me, what I see the good news here is that Britny Fox is working on a new release, period. It just backs up the trend of our favorite bands making a comeback along with all the great new bands out there with that 80's rock sound. Hopefully they are writing a solid release like others have the past few years (RATT, Winger, etc.).

If some of the radio stations could stop playing the same old GnR/ACDC/Ozzy/etc. tunes and starting playing some of singles from these other bands then people like my sister would get into them and the bands would be even more successful. It would be the 80's all over again! :lol: Well, ok, nothing could be the 80's again. My younger sister for example likes Godsmack, Disturbed, GnR, Journey...pretty mainstream stuff. I played some of the new RATT mp3's for her and now she is going with me to see them next Friday at the Medina. She's also a Dirty Penny fan after hearing them and going to the show with me this winter. But no thanks to the radio.

There are too many people out there that would love this stuff...if they only knew anything other than Paradise City, Back In Black, Crazy Train and Round And Round.

The last I heard it was just Billy Childs left with 3 other guys so this is good news.

Although I prefered Tommy Paris on vocals I did love both of the Dizzy fronted discs so will be interested to see what they come up and hope it's the all original lineup from the first record with Billy, Michael and Johnny. Not sure if Johnny can do it though since he stays busy with Doro.

I saw Britny Fox live last year in a little club & it WAS just Billy Childs & 3 other guys & they were actually pretty good.

Yeah, I dunno about this. I preferred Tommy Paris 1000 times over, but if it was a full Britny Fox reunion I'd be excited. Even a return of the guitarist - Michael Kelly Smith or something? - would be great. But yeah, I can't see Dizzy Dean reverting back to those awful screechy vocals again in 2010/11, which is positive. If it was a good, hard rocking new disc with clean vocals I'd be well interested.

Yeah, I dunno about this. I preferred Tommy Paris 1000 times over, but if it was a full Britny Fox reunion I'd be excited. Even a return of the guitarist - Michael Kelly Smith or something? - would be great. But yeah, I can't see Dizzy Dean reverting back to those awful screechy vocals again in 2010/11, which is positive. If it was a good, hard rocking new disc with clean vocals I'd be well interested.

So the music of classic BF but the vocal style of Blackeyed Susan?

I'd be up for that but wouldn't mind if Dean did throw in some old screechy vocals as well.

I'd be up for that but wouldn't mind if Dean did throw in some old screechy vocals as well.

Yep, pretty much exactly that. I think it would sound good. From the brief glimpses we got back in the 80's, he actually had a cool Paul Stanley style voice when he wasn't screeching. Blackeyed Susan bored me to death because of the poor songs, but that same vocal style on hard rocking classic Britny Fox-styled tracks would be awesome. :)

Yep, pretty much exactly that. I think it would sound good. From the brief glimpses we got back in the 80's, he actually had a cool Paul Stanley style voice when he wasn't screeching. Blackeyed Susan bored me to death because of the poor songs, but that same vocal style on hard rocking classic Britny Fox-styled tracks would be awesome. :)

Yeah, Blackeyed Susan was awful. What I would prefer is a new Tommy fronted CD. Springhead Motorshark was good but not as good as BDH so I'd like to see a similar disc to that.

Springhead Motorshark was good

I do believe that's the first time I've ever seen "Springhead Motorshark" and "good" used in the same sentence. :blink:

I do believe that's the first time I've ever seen "Springhead Motorshark" and "good" used in the same sentence. :blink:

It's not brilliant but it's not bad. Pain and LA are great songs while Sri Lanka is terrible.

Boys in heat was certainly dominated more by normal vocals than screechy vocals, so even back then, I think Dean was getting pissed off with them, so I very much doubt they will return now.

Like most people, I preferred Tommy as well, and yes Springhead was good in places, but I do really like Boys in heat and the Blackeyed Susan album, so its not all bad news.

As I said before, my only worry is that Dean has changed musical styles a lot over the years, so he may not want to return to a classic sound.

It's not brilliant but it's not bad. Pain and LA are great songs while Sri Lanka is terrible.

I agree. I was really expecting the worst when I went to listen to Springhead Motorshark, so even though it's not a fantastic album I have definitely heard much, much worse.

Yeah, I thought 'Springhead Motorshark' overall was a very poor album, but everytime I listen to it I am reminded that there were a few cool songs worthy of keeping it in the collection. On those songs the band sound good. Nice style and production... just a shame it was so patchy/inconsistent.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've always liked Dean over Tommy. I will say this though, Bite Down Hard was a great album. Springhead Motorshark was horrible... Maybe one good tune on that whole CD.

I've always been a Dean Davidson fan. Blackeyed Susan was a good album for it's time, and Britny Fox IS Dean Davidson. And Dean is a really cool guy. I got to meet him when I saw him with Blackeyed Susan. He was outside by the tour bus with his band and a bunch of groupies. I went back there and started asking him some question about his break up with Britny Fox and I told him how good the Blackeyed Susan album was. Next thing ya know, Dean starts chatting with me for about a half hour and didn't even bother with the groupies. I thought that was pretty cool! Dean loves his music and I hope the new Britny Fox album is gonna be great! I can't wait.

Well I've always liked Dean over Tommy. I will say this though, Bite Down Hard was a great album. Springhead Motorshark was horrible... Maybe one good tune on that whole CD.

I've always been a Dean Davidson fan. Blackeyed Susan was a good album for it's time, and Britny Fox IS Dean Davidson. And Dean is a really cool guy. I got to meet him when I saw him with Blackeyed Susan. He was outside by the tour bus with his band and a bunch of groupies. I went back there and started asking him some question about his break up with Britny Fox and I told him how good the Blackeyed Susan album was. Next thing ya know, Dean starts chatting with me for about a half hour and didn't even bother with the groupies. I thought that was pretty cool! Dean loves his music and I hope the new Britny Fox album is gonna be great! I can't wait.

Yeah... Dean has always been cool to me... both before and after Britny Fox was signed. The band would come down to Maryland a lot prior to getting signed... always a pretty good live band. I think I saw them maybe 12 to 15 times open for Joan Jett and the Blackhearts just after the debut was released. On quite a few of those occasions he would actually approach me either after sound check or in the club after the Britny Fox set.

Looking forward to a new release... it will be interesting to see if they can capture the sound they once had.