Summer 2012 looking GOOD for movies!

Dark Star

I know it's a couple years off, but I saw this article?? and DAMN I hope them Mayans are wrong and the world don't end in 2012.. Just LOOK at what's coming out!!!!

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-batman-3-summer-2012.html

Batman 3, The Avengers, Spider Man, Transformers, Star Trek and etc ALL coming out...

Man I can't wait.....

Don't worry, the end of the world isn't until 21 December 2012!

Ehhh... I dunno. If this is what constitutes a "good" summer, I'd hate to see a bad one. :lol:

The next Spider-Man movie is going to be the completely unnecessary "reboot" of the series with no Sam Raimi, no Tobey Maguire, and no Kirsten Dunst. And it's gonna be in 3D even tho there's no need for it cuz, y'know, "Avatar" made a sh*tload of money so everything's gotta be in 3D now. Sooooo... pass. It pains me to say that cuz Spidey's my boy, but there you go.

Transformers -- I tried to get into these movies, I swear I really tried, but now honestly I couldn't give a f*ck. All I remember about either one is a headache from all the "metal clanging together" sound effects and the lingering images of Megan Fox's cleavage. I am seriously convinced that Michael Bay is the Devil.

Star Trek - never gave a f*ck before, probably won't give a f*ck now. :lol:

The Avengers - Meh. You'd think I would be stoked for this but I'm really not interested in the slightest. Y'know how a lot of comic book movies fall into the trap of having way too many super villains crammed into one film? I have a feeling that "Avengers" is going to be the opposite problem, too many superheroes. It's gonna be total overkill. Plus you know it's gonna be at least 75% CGI so it'll be like watching a video game.

The next Batman is probably the only one out of that batch that I'd even bother to rent on DVD.

Yeah, I know...I'm a prick.

Woops. Double post.

I think there will be a few treats...

The new JONAH HEX movie looks like it might be ok, I always liked that charactor.

I was never too wild about the cartoon, but (AVATAR) THE LAST AIRBENDER looks cool, but as a M Knight movie, it could go either way.

I think there will be a few treats...

The new JONAH HEX movie looks like it might be ok, I always liked that charactor.

I was never too wild about the cartoon, but (AVATAR) THE LAST AIRBENDER looks cool, but as a M Knight movie, it could go either way.

"Jonah Hex" looks pretty cool (in an over the top way). I used to dig that comic book too.

Not seen the new one then? ;)

Nope. Haven't seen a "Trek" since "Wrath of Khan" I think...

Not seen the new one then? ;)

Nope. Haven't seen a "Trek" since "Wrath of Khan" I think...

I highly suggest you see Trek09 then, its easily the best thing thats come from the Trek camp in years!!

I highly suggest you see Trek09 then, its easily the best thing thats come from the Trek camp in years!!

I was mildly interested in seeing the new "Trek" when it came out... I liked the idea that I wouldn't have to know 40+ years of back story in order to enjoy it... just never got round to it

I was mildly interested in seeing the new "Trek" when it came out... I liked the idea that I wouldn't have to know 40+ years of back story in order to enjoy it... just never got round to it

yeah that latest Trek movie was seriously cool....enjoyed every minute.

Anyone know when the next GI Joe is supposed to be out? I'm really looking forward to that one.

I'm looking forward to the Pirates of the Caribbean one as the book it's based on "On Stranger Tides" by Tim Powers is one of my fave books ever...and well worth reading folks!!!

So I'm gonna be interested how it's been interpreted as there's no character that compares to Johnny Depps captain Jack Sparrow in the book really.

I'm looking forward to the Pirates of the Caribbean one as the book it's based on "On Stranger Tides" by Tim Powers is one of my fave books ever...and well worth reading folks!!!

So I'm gonna be interested how it's been interpreted as there's no character that compares to Johnny Depps captain Jack Sparrow in the book really.

This one worries me somewhat after reading yesterday about how Disney cut the budget by a huge amount and the fact that many of the major characters aren't involved. Hopefully it's still good though.

Anyone know when the next GI Joe is supposed to be out? I'm really looking forward to that one.

I loved the first one and was really suprised as I expected it to suck so I'm looking forward to seeing a sequel as well.

Ehhh... I dunno. If this is what constitutes a "good" summer, I'd hate to see a bad one. :lol:

Haha. Backed. I thought the thread should have read:

'Summer 2012 looking GOOD for movies... If you're a nerd!'

:lol: To each their own, but I hate these types of movies. They're part of the reason why it's so hard to find a good movie anymore, because there is so much of this nonsense. I just want a good story without the special effect bonanza bullshit please. :)

I loved the first one and was really suprised as I expected it to suck so I'm looking forward to seeing a sequel as well.

It's coming out in 2012 as well.. Still untitled, but.....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1583421/

The next Batman is probably the only one out of that batch that I'd even bother to rent on DVD.

Yeah, I know...I'm a prick.

Yes, you are...but not because you have no interest in all those lame-ass movies. ;)

Yes, you are...but not because you have no interest in all those lame-ass movies. ;)

Your man crush on me is showing again, Mark. :wub: