Worst ballad ever?

JamesEagle

I've been listening to the album, "Little Bits of Dreams" by Ivory Tower, which is a pretty good rock album. However, the third track is a ballad, which has to be one of the worst songs I've ever heard. I can't think of a softer so-called rock song, it is incredibly soppy and painful to listen to. Incredibly, it is also the title track! There are some really good tunes on the CD, I just can't believe this one made the cut.

Anyone else heard it and have any comment?

And more importantly, any other suggestions for the worst rock ballad ever?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classics or not, "Beth" by KISS and "Home Sweet Home" by Motley Crue just never did anything for me. I never understood the appeal of those two boring songs. Haha, I'm probably stirring a hornet's nest here.

Classics or not, "Beth" by KISS and "Home Sweet Home" by Motley Crue just never did anything for me. I never understood the appeal of those two boring songs. Haha, I'm probably stirring a hornet's nest here.

I would be in your court with that opinion...I would go so far to say boring is an understatement.

Hahaha! Home Sweet Home is awful, the hamfisted piano in it is hilarious, it sounds like a band member maybe learnt a few keyboard chords and just hammered the keyboard as hard as he could.

Eyes of the Forest by Mostly Autumn is one of the worst ballads I've heard, the lyrics sound like typical drippy hippy 6th form poetry.

Don't know many of these songs.

As a big White Lion fan, I would suggest 'Little Fighter', which I think is a sappy, dismal song by them, but a lot of people seem to like it...

Don't know many of these songs.

As a big White Lion fan, I would suggest 'Little Fighter', which I think is a sappy, dismal song by them, but a lot of people seem to like it...

"When The Children Cry" is even worse IMO.

Any ballad by FIREHOUSE is :poop: .

Umm, "Love Of A Lifetime" was the song my wife and I danced to at our wedding. :unsure:

I told myself years ago Rick, never let a dancing banana holding a poop sign get you down. You should do the same. Brush it it off man.

"When Love Finds A Fool" by Don Dokken is a weak ballad IMO. I honestly hated "Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad" from Def Leppard. Can you say "Love Bites" with new lyrics??? Terrible.

:tumbsup:

Umm, "Love Of A Lifetime" was the song my wife and I danced to at our wedding. :unsure:

I told myself years ago Rick, never let a dancing banana holding a poop sign get you down. You should do the same. Brush it it off man.

:tumbsup:

Fucking computer.

I love that song !!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! :)

Three words:

"Reason To Live" by KISS.

VIOLENT HATRED FOR THAT SONG! HATE HATE HATE!! Every time I hear it I wanna walk into a Burger King and shoot random people!!!

:bigboom:

That song is the main reason why I will never allow the CRAZY NIGHTS album into my house!!

Wow, I started agreeing with all the first choices and then clowns started saying stuff like "any Firehouse ballad", 'Miles away' by Winger, 'Little fighter' and some Def Leppard ballads, all of which I love.

There are so many valid candidates for this thread, but the winner would have to go to Stryper. Pretty much any ballad they recorded before the excellent 'Lady' deserves a place here.

And for the record, Rick, I didn't get 'Love of a lifetime' for the wedding but 'When I look into your eyes' from Firehouse was one of the stars on my wedding video. ;):lol:

Wow, I started agreeing with all the first choices and then clowns started saying stuff like "any Firehouse ballad", 'Miles away' by Winger, 'Little fighter' and some Def Leppard ballads, all of which I love.

There are so many valid candidates for this thread, but the winner would have to go to Stryper. Pretty much any ballad they recorded before the excellent 'Lady' deserves a place here.

And for the record, Rick, I didn't get 'Love of a lifetime' for the wedding but 'When I look into your eyes' from Firehouse was one of the stars on my wedding video. ;):lol:

I was wondering whether you'd post Geoff, as I notice you seem to be a big ballad fan.

Do you know the Ivory Tower track that started this off?