Worst ballad ever?

JamesEagle

Wow, I started agreeing with all the first choices and then clowns started saying stuff like "any Firehouse ballad", 'Miles away' by Winger, 'Little fighter' and some Def Leppard ballads, all of which I love.

There are so many valid candidates for this thread, but the winner would have to go to Stryper. Pretty much any ballad they recorded before the excellent 'Lady' deserves a place here.

And for the record, Rick, I didn't get 'Love of a lifetime' for the wedding but 'When I look into your eyes' from Firehouse was one of the stars on my wedding video. ;):lol:

I was wondering whether you'd post Geoff, as I notice you seem to be a big ballad fan.

Do you know the Ivory Tower track that started this off?

Yeah, love an awesome ballad. Don't know the Ivory Tower song off the top of my head, but I am familiar with the disc. So if I can't remember it, it's probably for a good reason mate. :lol: Will check it out later today.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"When Love Finds A Fool" by Don Dokken is a weak ballad IMO. I honestly hated "Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad" from Def Leppard. Can you say "Love Bites" with new lyrics??? Terrible.

I always like When Love Finds a Fool(Glenn Hughes co-wrote it).

I did hate "Have you even Needed Someone so Bad" at first but it did grow on me but IMO is one of the worst of their big hit ballads.

"Dont Want to Miss a Thing" - Aerosmith(from the movie Armegeddon).

This was 'Smith at their height of ballad overload and then Kiss had to go and record "Nothing Can Keep Me From You" for the 'Detroit Rock City Movie' hoping that they could find the same type of success but the song sucked and the movie tanked(even though I loved the movie).

Also agree with Rick's assessment of Britny Fox's "Save the Weak".

I love the band but that song was......wait for it...........weak.

"Dont Want to Miss a Thing" - Aerosmith(from the movie Armegeddon).

This was 'Smith at their height of ballad overload and then Kiss had to go and record "Nothing Can Keep Me From You" for the 'Detroit Rock City Movie' hoping that they could find the same type of success but the song sucked and the movie tanked(even though I loved the movie).

Also agree with Rick's assessment of Britny Fox's "Save the Weak".

I love the band but that song was......wait for it...........weak.

Bit of a recurring theme here - I'm no Aerosmith fan (in fact I hate Steven Tyler, what a tw*t) but I love 'Don't Want To Miss A Thing'. Great tune, great lyrics, great ballad. And guess what? It was the first dance at our wedding!

:D

And for the record, Rick, I didn't get 'Love of a lifetime' for the wedding but 'When I look into your eyes' from Firehouse was one of the stars on my wedding video. ;):lol:

Nice! :tumbsup:

"When Love Finds A Fool" by Don Dokken is a weak ballad IMO. I honestly hated "Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad" from Def Leppard. Can you say "Love Bites" with new lyrics??? Terrible.

I always like When Love Finds a Fool(Glenn Hughes co-wrote it).

I did hate "Have you even Needed Someone so Bad" at first but it did grow on me but IMO is one of the worst of their big hit ballads.

Yeah, I love both tunes. 'When love finds a fool' was a tiny bit of a grower, but I love that song.

Backed on Beth, and Home Sweet Home, many of the popular ballads I hate!!! this goes for

Poison-Every Rose Has It's Thorn

Any Bon Jovi ballad other then Silent Night

any Britny Fox Ballad

Im not a fan of Silent Lucidity but the theme of the song makes it standable

Thunder - Dont wait for me

any Britny Fox Ballad

No you di'nt. 'Look my way' from 'Bite down hard' is one of the best ballads ever penned.

Geoff you beat me to it, I was just going to say the same thing. Fantastic song!!

any Britny Fox Ballad

No you di'nt. 'Look my way' from 'Bite down hard' is one of the best ballads ever penned.

Geoff you beat me to it, I was just going to say the same thing. Fantastic song!!

I agree guys that is an amazing song from an amazing album and also "Dream On" from the 'Boys in Heat' release was a great song and video.

Never heard either of the other two Britny Fox ballads y'all are talking about but count me in as one who thought their "Save the Weak" was freaking godawful :puke:

Never heard either of the other two Britny Fox ballads y'all are talking about but count me in as one who thought their "Save the Weak" was freaking godawful :puke:

You don't have the 'Bite Down Hard' disc? If not you need to get that one if you can find it.

I've seen it around in used shops from time to time.

For the record, I do agree with y'all on 'Save the weak' - I remember discussing how poor it is in another thread too. :lol: It's an awful song, but they made up for it with 'Look my way'. :)

any Britny Fox Ballad

I wasnt talking about Bite Down Hard, that's really the only Britny Fox cd I actually really enjoy! Closer To Your Love might be one of my favorite songs of all time!!

That's the pick, right there. You can't beat a ballad that has lyrics that could've been written by a 2-year old, fake Country vocals, and no hook. Granted I hate everything this band has ever put to record, but they topped it with this horror show.

That's the pick, right there. You can't beat a ballad that has lyrics that could've been written by a 2-year old, fake Country vocals, and no hook. Granted I hate everything this band has ever put to record, but they topped it with this horror show.

:rofl2: No hook? I just want to squeeze your cheeks you're so cute!!!

Yeah I guess it was an obvious statement really. I mean, none of their songs have a hook, right? I guess my point really was that THIS SONG IS GODDAMN AWFUL.

Yeah I guess it was an obvious statement really. I mean, none of their songs have a hook, right? I guess my point really was that THIS SONG IS GODDAMN AWFUL.

I think you meant to say "goddamn awesome." :)

Seriously, I like the tune. But more to the point, no matter how good or bad you think a song is, NO song in the world is going to sell like this one did without a hook.

Maybe the reason you hate Poison so much is because they had too many hooks for a novice music enjoyer to wrap their head around? ;)

I think you meant to say "goddamn awesome." :)

Seriously, I like the tune. But more to the point, no matter how good or bad you think a song is, NO song in the world is going to sell like this one did without a hook.

Maybe the reason you hate Poison so much is because they had too many hooks for a novice music enjoyer to wrap their head around? ;)

Guys, guys, settle down! No reason to fight over a band like Poison.... :)

It would if enough housewives and teenage girls get behind them. Anybody who actually has any sort of ear for a tune would've avoided it like the plague. A hook is something that draws you back to listen to a song repeatedly - the only way I'd listen to a Poison song more than once is if my life depended on it. Poison deserve their place in every single "Worst of..." thread on the boards, and this thread is no different at all....

I'm with Tim. I love hard rock, love sleaze rock/metal, but I hate Poison. Really lame songs, one of my least favourite bands ever.

:puke:

I'm with Tim. I love hard rock, love sleaze rock/metal, but I hate Poison. Really lame songs, one of my least favourite bands ever.

:puke:

More Poison haters and people talking complete sense - I love where this thread has gone. In fact they should have a thread dedicated purely to how shite they really are/were :poop: