your local radio stations

66 mustang

Only internet radio for decent music:

www.munichshardesthits.de

They play exactly our music, well ... mine to be precise .. ! ;)

Radio around here is pretty much a vast wasteland. I'm within spitting distance of New York City so obviously we can pick up lots of radio stations from there... Unfortunately, all of them suck.

New Jersey has one semi-decent rock station, WDHA-FM (105.5) out of Cedar Grove, that I listen to occasionally in the car when I'm too lazy to put a CD in the player.

http://www.wdhafm.com/

They play a pretty decent mix of the old and the new but someone really ought to tell them that GNR recorded other songs besides "Sweet Child O'Mine" and "Paradise City," and that Led Zeppelin have other songs besides "Stairway to Heaven." :lol:

Of course, Seton Hall University's station, WSOU-FM, was a haven for hard rock and metal back in the day but it's a shell of its former self these days.

http://www.wsou.net/

On the New York State (not City) side of the border, when the wind's blowing in the right direction I can occasionally pick up WPDH-FM out of Poughkeepsie, New York:

http://www.wpdh.com/

They play pretty much the same mix as WDHA, though occasionally they'll play some "deeper cuts" (i.e. you might hear Metallica's "Ride the Lightning" instead of "Enter Sandman" for the billionth time). They used to carry Dee Snider's "House of Hair" show on Saturday nights too.

Overall though, I mainly stick to CDs in the car. On the rare occasion that I do put on the radio, it's one of the AM news stations from New York to hear the headlines or to listen to a Yankees game on the way home.

lol, a radio station that plays good music. You guys are so cute. ;)

Exactly! Even satellite radio pretty much sucks.

Our local rock station is www.93x.com, Minneapolis/St. Paul

The playlist is usually this:

Nickelback

Metallica

Green Day

something from a modern rock band (Papa Roach, Linkin Park, etc)

Soundgarden

Metallica

Guns N Roses

Ozzy

Metallica

Green Day

Aerosmith

Metallica

something from a modern rock band

Green Day

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Oh, and more Metallica

Exactly! Even satellite radio pretty much sucks.

Our local rock station is www.93x.com, Minneapolis/St. Paul

The playlist is usually this:

Nickelback

Metallica

Green Day

something from a modern rock band (Papa Roach, Linkin Park, etc)

Soundgarden

Metallica

Guns N Roses

Ozzy

Metallica

Green Day

Aerosmith

Metallica

Green Day

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Oh, and more Metallica

That's *swallows lump the size of a house, all but splitting my throat to get it down there* uh, "good" compared to what we get over here. :puke:

I don't have any decent local stations, hence I listen to internet radio.

Ditto.......

Yeah, there's a couple of internet ones I played a bit when I was alone in the office last year that were good fun.

Honestly, aside from at work I can't see any reason why anyone here would listen to a radio - don't we all have ridiculously large CD collections? :lol:

:christmas:

Too true Geoffrey.

This song lyric sums radio up perfectly:

"Every now and then, I turn it on again.

But it's plain to see, that the radio still sucks!"

Ain't that the truth! :tumbsup:

No radio stations here to brag about either. We have one that has a show called Mullet Madness Saturday nights from 9pm-midnight but that is it. If I have the radio on it's sports talk, otherwise it's all cd's!

Our main rock station, 99.5 KISS (KMAC/KISS) was once one of the greatest metal station anywhere, breaking many of the NWOBHM and classic rock and metal band in the USA, largly in part to the late dj JOE ANTHONY- THE GODFATHER. Sadly, it is now a just a corperate crap factory, playing what some fools think the "kids" like; 90s grunge and whatever new thing in "hard rock" comes out. It does have a morning show I like, LISLE & HAHN'S RUDE AWAKENING, which I have listened to for at least 30 years. I change the station when they play a song though.

The other big station, 104.5 KZEP plays classic rock, and has taken up the banner of the "Godfather music", but of course, they never play new songs or groups.

Our main college station 90.1 KSYM has several good VERY heavy metal shows, but you would have to check for showtimes.

Links to these stations availible, please google. :)

Guest themetalman44

hello folks it been a long long time since i was on this site <4 years >roughly well anyways i am a cd collector no i am not asking to buy cds i have probably more cds than 90percent of you anyways I HAVE GOOD NEWS FOR ALL OF YOU FIRST I LIVE IN NORTHERN WIS SOME OF YOU WILL KNOW ME A LOT OF THINGTS HAVE HAPPEN SINCE I QUIT GOING ON HERE WELL 19 WEEKS AGO I GOT SO TIRED OF ALL THE RADIO STATIONS IN WIS PLAYING THE SAME OLD SHIT SO I CALLED UP ALL STATIONS WITHIN 100 MILES OF MY HOME AND ONE OF THEM SUGGESTED ME TO CONTACT A LOCAL FM STATION IN WAUSAU WNRB 93.3 SO I DID I TALKED TO ONE OF THE SECRITARYS THERE SHE SENT ME A APLICATION I FILLED IT OUT ONE OF THE QUESTIONS WERE WHAT KIND OF SHOW WOULD I LIKE OR CALL SO I PUT THE 80S HAIRBANDHARDROCKAND METAL SHOW I SENT IT IN A WEEK LATER A MAN CALLED ME TOLD ME TO MEET HIM AT THE RADIO STATION FIRST I THOUGHT THIS IS TO TRUE TO BE TRUE SO I THOUGHT HELL I CAN LOSE ANYTHING SO I WHENT WE TALKED FOR ABOUT AN HOUR THEN HE LOOKED AT ME ASKED ME HOW LONG WOULD I LIKE MY SHOW TO BE I LOOKED AT HIM AND ASKED HIM ARE YOU JOKING HE SAID NO SO I SAID HOW ABOUT 9PM TO 2AM ON SATURDAY NIGHTS HE TOLD ME GREAT SO FOR THE PAST 17 WEEKS I KNOW HAVE MY OWN RADIO SHOW YOU PEOPLE CAN LISTEN IN GO TO WWW.WAUSAUHMONG.ORG HIT MEDIA PLAYER HERE ME LIVE OVER THE INTERNET NOW I KNOW THERE IS A FEW PEOPLE UP HERE THAT THOUGHT I WAS A NOTHING WELL THIS NOTHING HAS HIS OWN RADIO SHOW THANKS THE METALMAN <I AM THE HOST AND CAN PLAY ANYTHING I WANT AS LONG AS I KEEP IT CLEAN IF ANY OF YOU HAVE QUESTION FELL FREE EMAIL ME NOW IF YOUR IN A BAND AND YOU WANT YOUR MUSIC PLAYED EMAIL ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU MY HOME ADDRESS IF THERE IS BANDS OUT THERE THAT WANT TO BE INTERVIEWED ON MY SHOW AND WANT YOUR MUSIC PLAYED AGAIN EMAIL ME < METALHEAD@CENTURYTELNET > I WOULD PUT MY NUMBER ON HERE BUT I DONT WANT PEOPLE CALLING ME UP HARRASSING ME AGAIN MY SHOW IS SATURDAY NIGHTS FROM 9PM TO 2AM YES I PLAY SLAYER/BONFIRE/METALLICA/YOU NAME IT I PLAY IT EXCEPT ALTERNITIVE SHIT GRUNGE HIP HOP AND NO REDNECK SHIT SORRY AGAIN ANY QUESTION CANTACT ME THANKS THEMETALMAN

hello folks it been a long long time since i was on this site <4 years >roughly well anyways i am a cd collector no i am not asking to buy cds i have probably more cds than 90percent of you anyways I HAVE GOOD NEWS FOR ALL OF YOU FIRST I LIVE IN NORTHERN WIS SOME OF YOU WILL KNOW ME A LOT OF THINGTS HAVE HAPPEN SINCE I QUIT GOING ON HERE WELL 19 WEEKS AGO I GOT SO TIRED OF ALL THE RADIO STATIONS IN WIS PLAYING THE SAME OLD SHIT SO I CALLED UP ALL STATIONS WITHIN 100 MILES OF MY HOME AND ONE OF THEM SUGGESTED ME TO CONTACT A LOCAL FM STATION IN WAUSAU WNRB 93.3 SO I DID I TALKED TO ONE OF THE SECRITARYS THERE SHE SENT ME A APLICATION I FILLED IT OUT ONE OF THE QUESTIONS WERE WHAT KIND OF SHOW WOULD I LIKE OR CALL SO I PUT THE 80S HAIRBANDHARDROCKAND METAL SHOW I SENT IT IN A WEEK LATER A MAN CALLED ME TOLD ME TO MEET HIM AT THE RADIO STATION FIRST I THOUGHT THIS IS TO TRUE TO BE TRUE SO I THOUGHT HELL I CAN LOSE ANYTHING SO I WHENT WE TALKED FOR ABOUT AN HOUR THEN HE LOOKED AT ME ASKED ME HOW LONG WOULD I LIKE MY SHOW TO BE I LOOKED AT HIM AND ASKED HIM ARE YOU JOKING HE SAID NO SO I SAID HOW ABOUT 9PM TO 2AM ON SATURDAY NIGHTS HE TOLD ME GREAT SO FOR THE PAST 17 WEEKS I KNOW HAVE MY OWN RADIO SHOW YOU PEOPLE CAN LISTEN IN GO TO WWW.WAUSAUHMONG.ORG HIT MEDIA PLAYER HERE ME LIVE OVER THE INTERNET NOW I KNOW THERE IS A FEW PEOPLE UP HERE THAT THOUGHT I WAS A NOTHING WELL THIS NOTHING HAS HIS OWN RADIO SHOW THANKS THE METALMAN <I AM THE HOST AND CAN PLAY ANYTHING I WANT AS LONG AS I KEEP IT CLEAN IF ANY OF YOU HAVE QUESTION FELL FREE EMAIL ME NOW IF YOUR IN A BAND AND YOU WANT YOUR MUSIC PLAYED EMAIL ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU MY HOME ADDRESS IF THERE IS BANDS OUT THERE THAT WANT TO BE INTERVIEWED ON MY SHOW AND WANT YOUR MUSIC PLAYED AGAIN EMAIL ME < METALHEAD@CENTURYTELNET > I WOULD PUT MY NUMBER ON HERE BUT I DONT WANT PEOPLE CALLING ME UP HARRASSING ME AGAIN MY SHOW IS SATURDAY NIGHTS FROM 9PM TO 2AM YES I PLAY SLAYER/BONFIRE/METALLICA/YOU NAME IT I PLAY IT EXCEPT ALTERNITIVE SHIT GRUNGE HIP HOP AND NO REDNECK SHIT SORRY AGAIN ANY QUESTION CANTACT ME THANKS THEMETALMAN

Welcome to the forum, Metalman. Your radio station thingy sounds way cool. If you don't mind, can I make a small suggestion to increase the readability of your future posts???

TURN YOUR FRICKIN CAPS LOCK BUTTON OFF!!!!

...Thanks much.

Guest themetalman44

Welcome to the forum, Metalman. Your radio station thingy sounds way cool. If you don't mind, can I make a small suggestion to increase the readability of your future posts???

...Thanks much.

i wanted the caps on ok

i wanted the caps on ok

Some adherence to the basic rules of punctuation (like, maybe, occasional use of commas and periods here and there) wouldn't hurt either.

Just sayin'. :whistle:

ARFM

Pretty much the only radio station worth bothering about.

& geoff......the reason for listening is that they play advance tracks on the stuff not released yet.

Best show is Steve Price weekend evenings (UK time). 99% of the music in that show is the exact stuff we spend our lives banging on about on this here forum.

• 1 month later...

The only station that i like in this area (mississippi) is KZMZ, however, its a lousiana station so its a crapshoot geting it to tune in (i do listen to them on the net though at www.969rocks.com). They play a lot of the classic rock "standards" but they do throw in obscure stuff and have lots of hair metal on their playlist, as well as dee sniders house of hair and nights with alice cooper. Other than that we have the classic rock stations that play what you'd expect, a few active rock stations, and a Jack station which are ok but nothing special.

All the good shows are on way after my bed time. Like The Tour Bus.

There is a show on in N.J. called The Electric Ballroom and they play 70's rock, glam and metal.

It's hosted by Keith Roth & Aimee Kristie. Keith is also the singer,guitar player for Frankenstein 3000 and formerly of Bad Biscuit.

• 2 years later...

I complain a lot when my wife and kids have the radio on in the car, as all the current music sounds the same. It's all RnB-type stuff and there are one or two boring, generic tunes that seem to crop up again and again and again. I get really angry when this music is on, so I was quite pleased when the radio station we had on in the car the other day was playing music from 1971 the other day. Some reasonable music, not all brilliant, but at least they were actual songs with tunes and some originality. However, it all went horribly wrong when they played 2 of the worst songs I think I've ever heard. Really awful songs, worse even than the novelty records of the eighties. The culprits were:

CCS - Tap Turns On The Water

Georgie Fame - Rosetta

Does anyone know these songs?

...Thanks much.

Very cool on getting the radio station gig :tumbsup:

...however, I can't help but wonder if the job application was filled out in all caps... ;)

...Thanks much.

Very cool on getting the radio station gig :tumbsup:

...however, I can't help but wonder if the job application was filled out in all caps... ;)

:rofl2: Way to dig up some vintage shiz, Rick. I didn't even remember this one.