Taking Dawn

Glen

• 1 month later...

Don't know how I missed this one Glen. The album was released today and it is kickin' ass! These guys are all about the fist-pumping anthems and harmony vocals. There's hardly a bad track on the album. You can hear every track now on myspace. My favorites that I just listened to are "Time To Burn", "Save Me", "Fight Em With Your Rock", and "Never Enough". The video for "Time To Burn" is hilarious. They're based out of Las Vegas and sound a little bit to me like Steadlur crossed with Adelitas Way. But, I'm gonna say these guys are actually a little better than those two bands based on what I just heard. Nice find! Of course, I just called FYE and they can't find the only copy they have in the store. Sheesh.

Don't know how I missed this one Glen. The album was released today and it is kickin' ass! These guys are all about the fist-pumping anthems and harmony vocals. There's hardly a bad track on the album. You can hear every track now on myspace. My favorites that I just listened to are "Time To Burn", "Save Me", "Fight Em With Your Rock", and "Never Enough". The video for "Time To Burn" is hilarious. They're based out of Las Vegas and sound a little bit to me like Steadlur crossed with Adelitas Way. But, I'm gonna say these guys are actually a little better than those two bands based on what I just heard. Nice find! Of course, I just called FYE and they can't find the only copy they have in the store. Sheesh.

yeah must get back on the radar with this one. Forgot it had been released. Cheers

Wowser. Heard this one last night - awesome stuff. Easily the best CD I've heard this year so far (including Wig Wam, Giant, Stage Dolls, State of Rock etc.). So far that's not too much of a statement, but this is really an excellent album. The only moderately weak song is the last track, 'The Chain' but even that is saved by a good chorus.

Elsewhere, 'Never enough' and 'Endlessly' are two of the best songs you will hear this year - both are just stunning. And to be totally honest, the eight songs before these two were all great too. Really an excellent album and this is easily the benchmark for me so far in 2010. Nice find, Glen.

And for the record, I can see the Steadlur comparison, but this is not "modern" rock. The biggest comparison I would make is to the harder rocking tracks from early Guardian or Adriangale. The vocals sound a lot like Jamie Rowe and it's got an awesome hard rock vibe, with killer solos on all tracks.

Wowser. Heard this one last night - awesome stuff. Easily the best CD I've heard this year so far (including Wig Wam, Giant, Stage Dolls, State of Rock etc.). So far that's not too much of a statement, but this is really an excellent album. The only moderately weak song is the last track, 'The Chain' but even that is saved by a good chorus.

Elsewhere, 'Never enough' and 'Endlessly' are two of the best songs you will hear this year - both are just stunning. And to be totally honest, the eight songs before these two were all great too. Really an excellent album and this is easily the benchmark for me so far in 2010. Nice find, Glen.

And for the record, I can see the Steadlur comparison, but this is not "modern" rock. The biggest comparison I would make is to the harder rocking tracks from early Guardian or Adriangale. The vocals sound a lot like Jamie Rowe and it's got an awesome hard rock vibe, with killer solos on all tracks.

I read a review last night that said that the band was actually aiming for a mix between the old 80's hair metal bands and the modern hard rock of today's bands like Nickelback and Theory Of A Deadman. I'd say they did a pretty good job of it. BTW, "The Chain" remake was the only sample I didn't get to hear yet so I couldn't comment on that one. I was definitely loving the hard edged approach with the big backing vocals. You don't get to much of that these days it seems like. I've got my hard copy on the way as I ended up having to order it off e-bay. I hope to get it and give it a solid spin by the beginning of next week.

Been awhile since a band made me go, "Holy shit, this is awesome!" but that's what I just said after listening to the songs on MySpace. Perfect blend of oldschool hair-metal (those harmony vocals are killer) and modern hard rock, and yeah, the singer definitely has a Jamie Rowe vibe happening, which is great, since Rowe ranks among my favorite vocalists. Now, who wants to buy this for me? Anyone?? I will make sure you receive sexual favors from Geoff. I'll even throw in a reach-around from Matt. :butt:

Seriously, this will be a top contender for album of the year in my book.

Wow!!! I'm in, this sounds freakin' great. Based on Time To Burn with the overload of fuck's, I was sure this was modern stuff, then the solo kicked my ass and the rest of the songs are much more 80's metal than modern. The 2 tracks Geoff pointed are simply fantastic. Where can we get it cheap and no Glen, not on itunes, I mean the REAL thing?

Wow!!! I'm in, this sounds freakin' great. Based on Time To Burn with the overload of fuck's, I was sure this was modern stuff, then the solo kicked my ass and the rest of the songs are much more 80's metal than modern. The 2 tracks Geoff pointed are simply fantastic. Where can we get it cheap and no Glen, not on itunes, I mean the REAL thing?

I got mine on the way from e-bay. But the cheapest place I've seen it so far is at amazon.com. They've got used copies starting at $6.86.

I got mine on the way from e-bay. But the cheapest place I've seen it so far is at amazon.com. They've got used copies starting at $6.86.

Yep, I went the Amazon.com route. Picked up an "opened but never played" copy for $7.97. Shipped yesterday. Can't wait to get my hands--and my ears--on this puppy!

Yeah but has your hard copy got the three bonus tracks on it?? Including 'Cant Leave You Alone' (which is awesome)

:whistle::nyanya:

Yeah but has your hard copy got the three bonus tracks on it?? Including 'Cant Leave You Alone' (which is awesome)

Sonuva....I guess I didn't search long enough before ordering my copy. I didn't realize there was one with three bonus tracks on it.

Wow!!! I'm in, this sounds freakin' great. Based on Time To Burn with the overload of fucks, I was sure this was modern stuff, then the solo kicked my ass and the rest of the songs are much more 80's metal than modern. Where can we get it cheap and no Glen, not on itunes, I mean the REAL thing?

Sonuva..I guess I didn't search long enough before ordering my copy. I didn't realize there was one with three bonus tracks on it.

I see the "special edition" (w/bonus tracks) available on iTunes, but do physical copies of the "special edition" actually exist? Haven't found anyplace selling it yet. Not that it matters...I'll keep my regular version that I only paid $7 for and just download the 3 bonus tracks.

Wow!!! I'm in, this sounds freakin' great. Based on Time To Burn with the overload of fucks, I was sure this was modern stuff, then the solo kicked my ass and the rest of the songs are much more 80's metal than modern. Where can we get it cheap and no Glen, not on itunes, I mean the REAL thing?

Sonuva..I guess I didn't search long enough before ordering my copy. I didn't realize there was one with three bonus tracks on it.

I see the "special edition" (w/bonus tracks) available on iTunes, but do physical copies of the "special edition" actually exist? Haven't found anyplace selling it yet. Not that it matters...I'll keep my regular version that I only paid $7 for and just download the 3 bonus tracks.

Yep, that's what I just did. My regular copy came in the mail today...talk about quick shipping. I just gave it a listen and what a fistful of metal anthems on this thing. Now I just went to Itunes and downloaded those three bonus tracks. That bonus track Glen mentioned is probably the best of the three. I'm surprised more people aren't all over this thing. Kickin' stuff here.

Oh man, hook a brother up! :lol:

This album is repeatedly kicking my ass each time I spin it. Absolutely love it.

This album is repeatedly kicking my ass each time I spin it. Absolutely love it.

The US version don't have those songs. Damn. :doh:

After playing this again I agree not a bad tune at all with the awesome "Close Your Eyes" being my fav but damn if "Save Me", "So Loud", "Take Me Away", "Like a Revolution", "Never Enough" and "Time to Burn" aren't just as incredible. :banger:

After playing this again I agree not a bad tune at all with the awesome "Close Your Eyes" being my fav but damn if "Save Me", "So Loud", "Take Me Away", "Like a Revolution", "Never Enough" and "Time to Burn" aren't just as incredible. :banger:

Yeah, I didn't mention a few of those early songs like 'Close your eyes', 'Take me away' and 'Save me' for example, but they all kick my ass.

Yeah, I didn't mention a few of those early songs like 'Close your eyes', 'Take me away' and 'Save me' for example, but they all kick my ass.

My favs are (in no order)

Time To Burn

Take Me Away

Close Your Eyes

Never Enough

Endlessly

Cant Leave You Alone

But I agree that there is not a filler on this album.

2010 is shaping up to be pretty awesome, with some great releases coming up....but I would be surprised if this didnt feature in my top 10 MHR come year end.

Cheers

2010 is shaping up to be pretty awesome, with some great releases coming up....but I would be surprised if this didnt feature in my top 10 MHR come year end.

You can quote me on this - I will eat my own testicles if this isn't in my top 10 at the end of the year. ;)

You can quote me on this - I will eat my own testicles if this isn't in my top 10 at the end of the year. ;)

i think they're safe.........

i think they're safe.........

I hope there will be 10 greater cds during the year... ;)

Listening to this CD is an absolute ass-kickin' joyride--> "Now is the time, time to burn, let me hear you sing Hallej-fckin-lujah," almost offended my Christian sensibilities....That is, until I fell out of my chair watching the video for "Time To Burn," friggin' hilarious and definitely pegged the creativity meter (you don't see vids. like that everyday). A stellar premiere release, hopefully these guys stay together long enough to create another album or two in the same vein....Jeff.