Taking Dawn

Glen

17 minutes ago, auslander said:

Mate they had THREE guitarists shredding it up at different points along with a duel lead guitar solo. I mean WTF! That song was an instant hit for me. I already know it will be one of my favourite tracks this year.

I thought their debut was good if a little uneven. I hate the first track which just sounds too try-hard to be controversial. But the tracks Take Me Away and also The Chain cover are classic material. Some others I loved too but can't remember right now. But Take Me Away was a killer.

Yeah, I remember it was a pretty patchy album. Some awesome stuff, but some equally weak stuff. 

And yeah, I'd agree. One of the best songs I've heard so far this year too. Will be really excited if there's a new album like this due this year. 

I actually saw these guys live at Soundwave a few years ago. It was a jolly good show and a jolly good time. 

13 hours ago, Geoff said:

Really? You surprise me, cob. Sounds fucking awesome to me, to be honest. Love it. 

That was my first spin impression. I'll give it a few more goes for sure because I loved the debut and some of the Devils Run stuff.

• 5 months later...

TAKINGDAWN_DOTD.JPG

Just added "Dawn of the Demos" over on the main site... digital only release as far as I can tell:

Taking Dawn - Dawn of the Demos CD. Heavy Harmonies Discography

New studio track "Full Throttle" coming Friday, August 12 

• Like 1

My initial opinion stands. Song just doesn't grab me at all like the debut. I will say those guitars kick major ass. I'd give it a 7/10 if rating by the 1/10 system that Glen hates. LOL

On 8/4/2022 at 1:45 PM, whiplash1972 said:

TAKINGDAWN_DOTD.JPG

Just added "Dawn of the Demos" over on the main site... digital only release as far as I can tell:

Taking Dawn - Dawn of the Demos CD. Heavy Harmonies Discography

New studio track "Full Throttle" coming Friday, August 12 

Still haven't checked this out... will do asap. 

Wow, I'm obviously out of the loop - had no idea there was a new album due basically next week. Very cool. 

Lyric vid for new track “Full Throttle”. Actual video debuts this evening, so no idea why they bothered with this; maybe so people can catch all the words? 🤷‍♂️