Funniest horror movies

Jacob M.

With Halloween nearing I thought it would be nice to discuss the horror movie genre and it's many faults. The most glaring happens to be the logic in most movies. The actions of most characters in horror movies make no sense at all. The seriousness of the actors is also baffling. No matter how illogical the situation the characters follow along like what's happening around them is a normal everyday thing. The king of horror movies in this regard is Ghost Ship. Never have I seen a horror movie take itself so seriously and yet be so bad. It was so bad it was hilarious.

Halloween of 02' was my senior year in high school. I realized that chances were that it was one of the last times I would get to hang out with my friends. I suggested we all do something. We were all pretty lame so the best idea we could come up with was to go watch a movie. So me and a couple friends went to the movies. I had seen previews of Ghost Ship and I thought it had potential so that's what we watched. The Ring was out at the same time. Later I found out it was a much better movie. Anyway, the theater was strangely quiet that night. I was shocked by the fact that it was just me and my two friends at that showing. That may have been a good thing.

The sequence at the beginning of the movie was gory. That was about as good as it would get. The movie just got worse and worse as it went on. I haven't seen it in 7 years so I probably won't be able to remember all of the outrageous stupidity. I'll just go down the list of things I remember. The first thing is the fact that one guy died after trying to have sex with a ghost. A hot ghost started stripping off her clothes and calling for the guy to follow. The guy was more than willing to follow and he paid for it. Another scene all of the crew were hungry so they went rummaging through the ships kitchen. They found some old cans of beans. They opened the can and started eating them. Then the beans turned into maggots. Little to no logic there. One of the flashback scenes is flat out hilarious. They showed how the ship came go be haunted. The crew poisoned the food to kill all of the passengers. The sequence was just so bad. They showed a crew member with a big jub of poison pouring it into the food. People were throwing up everywhere as others were trying to eat. One person was spewing right by this old guy who was still attempting to eat his soup. All of this was going on to a techno type song.

Me and my two friends were practically rolling it was so funny. I think we were crying it was so hilarious. To end the movie the hero blows up the ship. As she's being placed in the back of an ambulance she finds her former crew loading a new ship and she screams as the door is closed.

Anyone else have some titles to add to the list?

Hmm.. Funny horror movies?? Lemme think...

Ok Evil Dead 2 is Hysterical, as is Army of Darkness.. Cause well Bruce Cambell is the MAN!!! :tumbsup:

Hatchet is pretty damn funny too...

I mean that in a GOOD way as it's supposed to befunny, not funny as in it sucks....

Some would say the Childs Play movies are pretty funny, as are some of the Nightare on Elm Street movies, not to mention Friday th 13th has a couple funny ones too....

Then again I have a wierd twisted sense of humor too...... :rofl2:

Hmm.. Funny horror movies?? Lemme think...

Ok Evil Dead 2 is Hysterical, as is Army of Darkness.. Cause well Bruce Cambell is the MAN!!! :tumbsup:

Hatchet is pretty damn funny too...

I mean that in a GOOD way as it's supposed to befunny, not funny as in it sucks....

Some would say the Childs Play movies are pretty funny, as are some of the Nightare on Elm Street movies, not to mention Friday th 13th has a couple funny ones too....

Then again I have a wierd twisted sense of humor too...... :rofl2:

YES, Army Of Darkness great flick....

Come on baby gimme some sugar.

If you're talking "Funny on purpose" then yea, definitely "Evil Dead 2" and/or "Army of Darkness." My favorite Friday the 13th sequel, "Part VI: Jason Lives" has a healthy dose of humor in it too.

If you're looking for "Unintentionally funny," just check my last half dozen or so entries in the "Seen any good movies?" thread, cuz I've been watching a lot of really cheesy low budget horror dreck that I've been buying at the dollar store. I heartily recommend 1980's "City of the Walking Dead" for that category. :lol:

Black Roses would be tops on my list of unintentionally funny. When the guy is fighting the creature with a tennis racket...oh boy!

I found 'Silent Night Deadly Night 2' to be hilarious. Man that movie ruled.

"GAAARBAGE DAAAAAAY!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xh7junyB2o

Here's the trailer for "TerrorVision," a primo slice of 80s horror/comedy cheez that was actually on Turner Classic Movies (!) the other night... definitely fits this topic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t5bLR7SsQs

I watched the 80's horror movie Scarecrows on This network a few days ago. It's another movie that fits into the "unintentionally" funny category. The bumbling criminals didn't think too much of their undead former partner trying to kill them. They just cut him apart and started counting the money that his body was stuffed with. At the end of the movie they're trying to escape the graveyard with the evil scarecrows and one of the criminals sees a trail of money. She's like, "Whoo hoo!" and starts grabbing it. The fact that there was undead zombie things trying to kill her never crossed her mind. The hostage heard her dog barking or something and decided to run after it instead of trying to escape. All the way around every character in that movie was stupid. I won't give any more away. Just go and watch it for a good laugh.

Intentionally funny I'd go for Killer Klowns from Outer Space....the line "What are you gonna do with those pies boys?" is still one of the funniest lines I've ever heard.

Here's the scene

pies

Unintentionally....well there's tons of stuff I can't remember from the 80's ... I used to get a crap horror from the video shop nearly every week, but the names are lost in a fug of mediocrity, I remeber laughing my head off at Basket Case though.

I watched the 80's horror movie Scarecrows on This network a few days ago. It's another movie that fits into the "unintentionally" funny category. The bumbling criminals didn't think too much of their undead former partner trying to kill them. They just cut him apart and started counting the money that his body was stuffed with. At the end of the movie they're trying to escape the graveyard with the evil scarecrows and one of the criminals sees a trail of money. She's like, "Whoo hoo!" and starts grabbing it. The fact that there was undead zombie things trying to kill her never crossed her mind. The hostage heard her dog barking or something and decided to run after it instead of trying to escape. All the way around every character in that movie was stupid. I won't give any more away. Just go and watch it for a good laugh.

That was one of my dollar store pickups recently. I'd never even heard of the movie but yea, it's a pretty dumb (but fun) flick. Every character in that movie has more greed than brains, which is why they don't do the logical thing like run like hell as soon as they find out their buddy has been hollowed out and stuffed with straw...

Another one I watched recently (for the fourth or fifth time): "Jason X." A lot of the hardcore "Friday the 13th" fanboys frickin HATE that movie but I love it. I crack up all the way thru it, especially towards the end when that android chick opens up a can of high caliber whoop ass on Jason and literally cuts him to pieces with automatic weapons fire... I laugh my ass off every time.

I always say "Jason X" works better if you look at it as an intentional parody of the "F13" series rather than another serious entry.

• My Little Pony

The Grudge

I saw it only once, and on the silver screen. I don't remember much, but I do remember laughing through the whole thing -- and I wasn't stoned.

Easily one of the funniest horror films I've seen is Dead Alive directed by none other than Peter Jackson. Check it out if you ever get the chance. Hilarious!

The lawn mower scene is classic. Another funny early Peter Jackson movie is Bad Taste...check it out.

Stuff Steffanie In The Incinirator

I Dismember Mama

Maniac Cop

Anything By Bruce Cambell

The Toxic Avenger

Motel Hell

Sleepaway Camp