I Don't Get Quentin Tarantino...

Axelinger

Just caught the last half-hour of his 2007 piece of shit, Death Proof, and I'd like to point out to him that it is physically impossible for ANYONE to hold on to the hood of a car traveling at high speed while that car is being rammed from behind and the sides. Has anyone else seen that idiotic last chase scene between Kurt Russell and Rosario Dawson? Some airhead blond somehow manages to keep a grip on the hood of a speeding Dodge Challenger while a Charger rams it countless times over a ten minute span. Not even fucking Superman could hold on for that long while being subjected to forces no mortal could withstand. It has to be one of the stupidest instances of a director pushing the envelope of suspension of disbelief I've ever seen.

And I had caught an earlier scene in the movie, in which Tarantino put himself in front of the camera yet again to display the fact that he possesses all the acting skills of a beach ball. WHY must he foist his atrocious non-acting upon movie audiences? I can take very little of his films before I wind up shutting them off in disgust after becoming enraged at how ridiculous they are, yet people fall all over themselves to praise him as a genius. I admit it - I don't get Tarantino, and refuse to apologize to his fans that I think he's an over-hyped charlatan. Just a short rant to voice my two cents worth. :soapbox::puke:

Simple from me - I Love some of his movies but don't like his acting.

Simple answer if you can't stand the guy - use the off button

I never "got" Q.T. either. Saw PULP FICTION when it came out and wondered what all the whoop de doo was about, and wondered how to contact Mr. Tarantino in regard to the two and a half hours of my life that I was never going to get back. I have avoided the rest of his work since then.

He got really annoying during the latter part of the 90s when "Pulp Fiction" was raking in the dough, he was the Hip New Thing so suddenly he was popping up in surprise cameos on sit-coms and in other movies.

The only appearances of those that I've enjoyed have been "From Dusk Till Dawn" (mainly because he got killed off halfway through) and a brief cameo on "The Simpsons" when he was killed in an Itchy and Scratchy cartoon.

Gimme the works of Kevin Smith any day.

wasnt she tied to the car with a belt? i dont remember...

She WAS tied to the car with two belts, but the force of the car being rammed was enough to snap both belts, but not enough to break her subsequent grip on the hood for the following 10 minutes. When those belts were on, she was flying all over the place, but when they broke, her body magically wasn't lifting off the hood anymore. Hell, there were even points where she had no grip at all and still managed to stay atop the hood and deliver these pathetic, feeble kicks towards Russell's car. It went beyond unbelievable and stupid; it was an insult to anyone with common sense.

wasnt she tied to the car with a belt? i dont remember...

She WAS tied to the car with two belts, but the force of the car being rammed was enough to snap both belts, but not enough to break her subsequent grip on the hood for the following 10 minutes. When those belts were on, she was flying all over the place, but when they broke, her body magically wasn't lifting off the hood anymore. Hell, there were even points where she had no grip at all and still managed to stay atop the hood and deliver these pathetic, feeble kicks towards Russell's car. It went beyond unbelievable and stupid; it was an insult to anyone with common sense.

ah yeah i remember now, Tarantino IMO is like Rodriguez and Besson, you just gotta switch your mind off and enjoy the ride....lets face it, his films were never story driven so much as just pushing the boundaries...

Although Pulp Fiction is one of my fave films and i want to see Inglourious Basterds, i have to admit that when Death Proof ended i jsut sat there with a real "Eh :unsure:" impression on my face..

Nice little rant, very Leykis-ish and his disgust towards all things Nick Cage. (Which I agree'd with whole heartedly!)

Now Tarentino...hmmm.

As stated, I too recall when the mindless masses were trampling each other to get a veiwing of Pulp Fiction, which I watched a nano second of before realizing what a turd it was and it also had, Johnny "one character" Travolta in it which is an instant movie avoider for me.

So I agree, Tarentino is a boob, but not the good kind and his films are worthless.

And Mr. Ryder, Rodriguez makes Tarentino look even stupider. Rodriguez has done some amazing work, just watch El Mariachi and escapism is one thing, but please!

Nice little rant, very Leykis-ish and his disgust towards all things Nick Cage. (Which I agree'd with whole heartedly!)

Now Tarentino...hmmm.

As stated, I too recall when the mindless masses were trampling each other to get a veiwing of Pulp Fiction, which I watched a nano second of before realizing what a turd it was and it also had, Johnny "one character" Travolta in it which is an instant movie avoider for me.

So I agree, Tarentino is a boob, but not the good kind and his films are worthless.

And Mr. Ryder, Rodriguez makes Tarentino look even stupider. Rodriguez has done some amazing work, just watch El Mariachi and escapism is one thing, but please!

Dont get me wrong, my favourite movie of all time is a Rodriguez film (Sin City)

saying that i watched Once Upon A Time in Mexico which it would stand to reason that id love this film between it being directed by the guy that did Sin City and it starred Johnny Depp whos my favourite actor (so as you can guessim looking forward to Sin City 2!) and the main character is a guitarist thats also a badass....figures id love the film.....but it was just too hard to swallow, like the end scene with Depps character, i felt the idea was good but the exceution was very bad..

i do have Desperado on DVD but i havent seen that or El Mariachi yt so im not too quick to judge him as a director

and as for Luc Besson, i love La Femme Nikita, but couldnt stand The Transporter....i like films by all 3 directors, im just saying theyre all the sorta thing where you have to allow a degree of artistic license....although some films (The Transporter and Once Upon A Time In Mexico for instance) are just too circumstancial IMO

while on the subject of film directors, even Guy Ritchie went over the edge when he released Revolver....a decent enough film, just abit pointless in the end if i remember right :unsure:

Now Tarentino...hmmm.

Dont get me wrong, my favourite movie of all time is a Rodriguez film (Sin City)

saying that i watched Once Upon A Time in Mexico which it would stand to reason that id love this film between it being directed by the guy that did Sin City and it starred Johnny Depp whos my favourite actor (so as you can guessim looking forward to Sin City 2!) and the main character is a guitarist thats also a badass....figures id love the film.....but it was just too hard to swallow, like the end scene with Depps character, i felt the idea was good but the exceution was very bad..

i do have Desperado on DVD but i havent seen that or El Mariachi yt so im not too quick to judge him as a director

and as for Luc Besson, i love La Femme Nikita, but couldnt stand The Transporter....i like films by all 3 directors, im just saying theyre all the sorta thing where you have to allow a degree of artistic license....although some films (The Transporter and Once Upon A Time In Mexico for instance) are just too circumstancial IMO

while on the subject of film directors, even Guy Ritchie went over the edge when he released Revolver....a decent enough film, just abit pointless in the end if i remember right :unsure:

Of the trilogy, Once Upon A Time In Mexico is the worst and like you I love me some Depp. Rodriguez has done a number of films I have thouroughly enjoyed, hell even the first Spy Kids was great and if you notice Rodriguez does a lot of his own soundtracks... Very Carpenter-like of him. :)

Dig into to Desperado some day soon it is far superior to Mexico and El Mariachi is a very similar film, think Evil Dead and then the a little more $$$'d version in Evil Dead 2, same/similar movie just a better production, etc...

And to get back on topic Tarentino should be :baneed:

I loved Resevoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown but he hasn't made to many good ones since.

Death Proof did indeed suck and was a complete waste of time IMO.

As far as his acting goes yeah he's not very good but I loved him as Jules friend in Pulp Fiction.

Not a fan of Q.T. in the slightest....

I never "got" Q.T. either. Saw PULP FICTION when it came out and wondered what all the whoop de doo was about, and wondered how to contact Mr. Tarantino in regard to the two and a half hours of my life that I was never going to get back. I have avoided the rest of his work since then.

He got really annoying during the latter part of the 90s when "Pulp Fiction" was raking in the dough, he was the Hip New Thing so suddenly he was popping up in surprise cameos on sit-coms and in other movies.

The only appearances of those that I've enjoyed have been "From Dusk Till Dawn" (mainly because he got killed off halfway through) and a brief cameo on "The Simpsons" when he was killed in an Itchy and Scratchy cartoon.

Gimme the works of Kevin Smith any day.

Ok while I DO Like Quentin's movies?? I LOVE Kevin Smith!!!!

I swear they coulda cast YOU as Brody in Mallrats too...... :tumbsup:

Just caught the last half-hour of his 2007 piece of shit, Death Proof, and I'd like to point out to him that it is physically impossible for ANYONE to hold on to the hood of a car traveling at high speed while that car is being rammed from behind and the sides. Has anyone else seen that idiotic last chase scene between Kurt Russell and Rosario Dawson? Some airhead blond somehow manages to keep a grip on the hood of a speeding Dodge Challenger while a Charger rams it countless times over a ten minute span. Not even fucking Superman could hold on for that long while being subjected to forces no mortal could withstand. It has to be one of the stupidest instances of a director pushing the envelope of suspension of disbelief I've ever seen.

And I had caught an earlier scene in the movie, in which Tarantino put himself in front of the camera yet again to display the fact that he possesses all the acting skills of a beach ball. WHY must he foist his atrocious non-acting upon movie audiences? I can take very little of his films before I wind up shutting them off in disgust after becoming enraged at how ridiculous they are, yet people fall all over themselves to praise him as a genius. I admit it - I don't get Tarantino, and refuse to apologize to his fans that I think he's an over-hyped charlatan. Just a short rant to voice my two cents worth. :soapbox::puke:

Finally! Yep, one of the worst movies ive seen. Totally pointless. Bad acting all round - even by K Russell! And really crappy car chase.