Ozzy Suing over Black Sabbath name

Widda

I've been following this over on Blabbermouth.

Some of the posts/comments over there have been hilarious.

I guess I have mixed feelings on this as I see why Tony should own the name since all of the members left the band and left him as the only person left to carry on. You can argue(as Ozzy has) that if it wasn't for him and Ozzfest that the Sabbath name would be in the toilet but on the other hand they could of never carried on over the years without Tony and we wouldn't have all of the great albums with Dio and Tony Martin. Some argue that the 4 original members should have a 25% stake in the name but what about Dio since he was a huge part of bringing the band back on the Heaven and Hell album after the very poor selling Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die plus Dio also brought them back when he rejoined for Dehumanizer. Plus when you take into account what their doing as Heaven&Hell then maybe Dio should get a small stake in the name if it's getting split up.

Anyone care to wager that the sea hag (aka Sharon) was the one behind this lawsuit? Let me get this straight - the Osbournes, who screwed Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake out of millions in royalties, are claiming to be the good guys in this suit? Fuck that noise. They're a pair of addle-minded, money-grubbing, unscrupulous, greedy assholes. Oh, they're the ultimate media whores, too. Maybe they can settle it like the squabbles between Tony and Ozzy in their school days when Iommi used to punch out Ozzy on a regular basis?

Anyone care to wager that the sea hag (aka Sharon) was the one behind this lawsuit? Let me get this straight - the Osbournes, who screwed Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake out of millions in royalties, are claiming to be the good guys in this suit? Fuck that noise. They're a pair of addle-minded, money-grubbing, unscrupulous, greedy assholes. Oh, they're the ultimate media whores, too. Maybe they can settle it like the squabbles between Tony and Ozzy in their school days when Iommi used to punch out Ozzy on a regular basis?

Your comment about Sharon and how they screwed Daisly and Kerslake is exactly what everyone was talking about over at Blabbermouth and I agree 1000%. Ozzy or should I Sharon sees how the Dio fronted lineup is doing and as of right now how they don't need or better yet want Ozzy around to be successful so she now wants the Sabbath name. What is Ozzy gonna do if he wins? Grab Bill and a different Guitar and Bass player and call it Sabbath? What greed.

I think Iommi should pull what John Fogerty's old label did and sue Ozzy for having solo material that sounds to close to Sabbath and demand a % of all royalties from Ozzy solo material. Now that would be hilarious. :lol:

Or better yet replace Ozzy's voice on all of the old Sabbath albums with Dio's voice.

Or better yet replace Ozzy's voice on all of the old Sabbath albums with Dio's voice.

Now that would be something! :tumbsup:

Your comment about Sharon and how they screwed Daisly and Kerslake is exactly what everyone was talking about over at Blabbermouth and I agree 1000%. Ozzy or should I Sharon sees how the Dio fronted lineup is doing and as of right now how they don't need or better yet want Ozzy around to be successful so she now wants the Sabbath name. What is Ozzy gonna do if he wins? Grab Bill and a different Guitar and Bass player and call it Sabbath? What greed.

I think Iommi should pull what John Fogerty's old label did and sue Ozzy for having solo material that sounds to close to Sabbath and demand a % of all royalties from Ozzy solo material. Now that would be hilarious. :lol:

Sharon's a greedy bitch, and she can kid herself all she wants about being a smart businesswoman, she's just a fucking gold digger plain and simple. Living off Ozzy's career, but not limiting herself to just his, but also trying to live off of Iommi's, Daisley's, Kerslake's career as well... class act... not. <_<

"The new law of evolution in corporate America seems to be survival of the unfittest. Well, in my book you either do it right or you get eliminated.

In the last seven deals that I've been involved with, there were 2.5 million stockholders who have made a pretax profit of 12 billion dollars. Thank you.

I am not a destroyer of companies. I am a liberator of them!

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.

Greed is right.

Greed works.

Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.

And greed -- you mark my words -- will not only save ____________________, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA.

Thank you very much."

You say greed as if it is a bad thing... :) Thanks Gordan Gekko.

Seriously, we know Ozzy is a frizzle fried puppet to his ever so lovely, innocent and devoted wife. (she is ruthless, no lie.)

But to interject logic and sense to the discussion, 4 guys recorded the Sabbath stuff, be-it Ozzy, Dio, Martin, Gillan on vox and logic and sense says that unless you were a pay for play studio/live hack than you should get you fair (see fair) share.

I think the whole re-recording w/o Ozzy angle would be brilliant and talk about a slap in the face. :)

RJD is my fave of the lot, but would it not be cool to re-record the old Sabbath stuff with a gaggle of guest singers?

Quite frankly, in my opinion, there was only one Sabbath, and the band finished when Ozzy left.

If Iommi re-recorded them with anyone else, then he would be no better than Sharon Osbourne, and I wouldnt piss on the re-recorded albums if they were on fire.

I dont care who is right or wrong in this, but nobody but nobody should piss on the legacy of the real Black Sabbath.

• 2 weeks later...

Sharon's a greedy bitch, and she can kid herself all she wants about being a smart businesswoman, she's just a fucking gold digger plain and simple. Living off Ozzy's career, but not limiting herself to just his, but also trying to live off of Iommi's, Daisley's, Kerslake's career as well... class act... not. <_<

I totally agree Pete. Ozzy is simply a puppet with Sharon pulling the strings. She's a road whore that has nothing to do with Sabbath and should stay the fuck out it. But she won't do that because $ is involved. As if tampering with the classic Ozzy albums was not enough. :2up:

I hated that fuckin' whore ever since she pulled that shit with IRON MAIDEN. :doh:

I hope sharon gets a rectal disease from a cow. :eek:

Backed and I'll also say that after that fiasco and what Zakk Wylde said about Bruce Dickinson saying "Act like a Cunt get treated like a Cunt", I've hardly played any of my BLS or Zakk solo discs.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Sharon got Daisley and kerslake off the original Blizzard album. The only one you can get new is the remixed one now. It's a disgrace.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yeah Sharon got Daisley and kerslake off the original Blizzard album. The only one you can get new is the remixed one now. It's a disgrace.

...i only listen to the originals.To take it a step further the two guys (Bordin & Trujillo) who redid their parts,they're are also a couple of idiots in my book.