Pretty Wild

Motley Mike

Good disc. No album is yet to crack the 80% mark this year so far, but this is one of the best so far. Solid disc.

I must admit I really like this disc. Pretty much every song has its appeal and there are at least 5 or 6 great songs imo....especially through the middle part.

I can see this easily exceeding 80% with repeat plays.

I'm looking forward to the Confess debut and new Crazy Lixx, but they have got some competition here for sure.

• 1 month later...

'Cause it's just okay. ;) Haha, yeah, I like it, but it got eclipsed early by quite a few better discs. 'All I want' and 'Wildheart' are my faves. Most the rest are around that 7 to 7.5 to 8/10 mark. Good strong disc but doesn't stand out too much from the pack for me, personally.

• 2 weeks later...

'Alive' and 'High Enough' are excellent. Don't dislike any of the others, although his voice gets on my nerves a bit. Good stuff in general though

Does 'High enough' bring back memories of the Damn Yankees song of the same name for anyone else? It's only really the chorus line where it's obvious, but everytime I hear it I think of Damn Yankees... and I much prefer the Damn Yankees song. ;)

• My Little Pony

Does 'High enough' bring back memories of the Damn Yankees song of the same name for anyone else? It's only really the chorus line where it's obvious, but everytime I hear it I think of Damn Yankees... and I much prefer the Damn Yankees song. ;)

This is why I love Night Ranger concerts. Where else are you gonna hear "Higher" performed live?

Most songs are mediocre next to that song cos its one of the best ballads ever imo.

Still lovin this release though - so many great songs

Most songs are mediocre next to that song cos its one of the best ballads ever imo.

Still lovin this release though - so many great songs

Yeah, not a massive fans of the Damn Yankee discs overall, but credit where it's due, that song is stunning.

I like the Pretty Wild disc, heard it through again the other day. Just can't really find much to stand out for me. I think I kinda prefer the Switchblade Serenade disc when it comes to solid but not amazing glam / sleaze hard rock from this year.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pretty good album. Similar to Crazy Lixx.

• 2 weeks later...

This one has grown on me since my initial listen, especially High Enough. Overall it's turning out to be one of the better releases this year.

I was just saying on the Night By Night thread that this cd has really grown on me. Gets better every listen!

It's ungrowing on me, if anything. ;)

Nah, can't really say that. It didn't really do it for me at the start, and it still doesn't. It's solid, but that's about it for me.

Its a shame that the album overall isnt more consistent - again I feel the album is too long at 14 tracks.

However, Alive, Staring At The Sun, High Enough, Wildheart, Vampire and Come Out Tonight are all great tracks imo if anyone's thinking of picking this up.

6 gems on an album aint a bad return esp when the rest are well listenable too.

Two of my faves include the Crashdiet-esque 'Get it on' and my favourite song on the disc, by quite a bit, is the ballad 'All I want.' Almost has a cool kind of modern hook vibe in the chorus. Works well. I think I've said it a few times in this thread already, but I much prefer it to 'High Enough,' which I always looked at as a second rate copy of the killer ballad of the same name by the Damn Yankees.

Anyway, otherwise I like 'Vampire' and 'Wildheart,' but you're right, Glen. Chop 4 of the weakest songs off this disc and it already looks a lot better. Solid stuff, but in a better year this would be forgotten a lot quicker than this weaker year is allowing it to linger, imho.