Chickenfoot

metaltrekman

And everywhere else! I apologize if its been posted (I didnt see it)

chickenfoot_logo.jpg

They Freakin R.O.C.K.!!! :headbanger: Im Lovin it!

chickenfoot2.jpg

Who let Will Ferrell in the band? Did they really need that much more cowbell?

Yawn...Idunno...I think if there were no big names in this band they would be dismissed as mediocre at best. "Oh Yeah" is pretty decent though.

Yawn...Idunno...I think if there were no big names in this band they would be dismissed as mediocre at best.

FINALLY! After I said this in the other thread I thought I was the only one. These songs are pure filler to me... just really don't hear what everyone else is hearing. :(

Yawn...Idunno...I think if there were no big names in this band they would be dismissed as mediocre at best.

FINALLY! After I said this in the other thread I thought I was the only one. These songs are pure filler to me... just really don't hear what everyone else is hearing. :(

I'm with you, I gave it a shot and... zzzzzzzzz....... it's not bad or anything, but there just isn't any magic there for me, not like any of the individual's best stuff on their own.

If you like Sammy Hagar you're gonna love this album.

Sure it sounds like Sammy(what else would you expect?) but it has a more adventerous thing going on almost like a Sammy meets Montrose meets Zeppelin. Very good stuff IMO. :tumbsup:

Sure it sounds like Sammy(what else would you expect?) but it has a more adventerous thing going on almost like a Sammy meets Montrose meets Zeppelin. Very good stuff IMO. :tumbsup:

Yea...this is really good.And is "Learning To Fall" a song that could have come right off of Sammy's Standing Hampton disc.I am really diggin' this.Glad someone else is!!

Yea...this is really good.And is "Learning To Fall" a song that could have come right off of Sammy's Standing Hampton disc.I am really diggin' this.Glad someone else is!!

This is 10,000 times better than the last Sammy solo disc IMO.

I'd love to see these guys record a new album every few years and be a real band.

I'm sure that would be the hardest for Chad Smith considering how much money he makes with the Chili Peppers. But then again he does find time to play and record with Glenn Hughes.

I will make no secret of the fact that I have not been into this project from the day those myspace tracks were released. I just felt the songs were being judged based on personnel rather than the actual quality of the songs (which mo was poor). I have to admit that when I first saw this concept I was pretty excited. Alice Cooper's 'Hey Stoopid' album is, to me, awesome, and a lot of that is because of the guitarists on board, namely Satriani. Although I don't participate in guitar solo albums, I have heard more than a lifetime's worth of Satriani through my mate and there is no doubt he is a wonderful player. I was really quite excited to hear him in a band project.

So anyway, I heard the disc and I will give it this:

'Sexy little thing' is a cool track good groove, solid chorus. I like it. 'My kinda girl' is another good rocker with a strong chorus and nice enough hook. And the ballad, 'Learning to fall' is a definite highlight. Not great, but a good solid ballad. So I will give them credit for those three songs.

The problem with the album? The rest of the songs. Pure, ugly fillers imo. The opener is atrocious... one of the blandest songs I've heard this year. And apart from those three songs, there just wasn't even a glimmer of anything worthwhile here.

I honestly believe that if this were an album of no-names no one would care... but we'll ever know. As I side note, I am not into Hagar's voice at all. He sounds like Paul Sabu, which is not a compliment by any stretch.

I will make no secret of the fact that I have not been into this project from the day those myspace tracks were released. I just felt the songs were being judged based on personnel rather than the actual quality of the songs (which mo was poor). I have to admit that when I first saw this concept I was pretty excited. Alice Cooper's 'Hey Stoopid' album is, to me, awesome, and a lot of that is because of the guitarists on board, namely Satriani. Although I don't participate in guitar solo albums, I have heard more than a lifetime's worth of Satriani through my mate and there is no doubt he is a wonderful player. I was really quite excited to hear him in a band project.

'Sexy little thing' is a cool track good groove, solid chorus. I like it. 'My kinda girl' is another good rocker with a strong chorus and nice enough hook. And the ballad, 'Learning to fall' is a definite highlight. Not great, but a good solid ballad. So I will give them credit for those three songs.

The problem with the album? The rest of the songs. Pure, ugly fillers imo. The opener is atrocious... one of the blandest songs I've heard this year. And apart from those three songs, there just wasn't even a glimmer of anything worthwhile here.

I honestly believe that if this were an album of no-names no one would care... but we'll ever know. As I side note, I am not into Hagar's voice at all. He sounds like Paul Sabu, which is not a compliment by any stretch.

If you knew your rock history Sammy Hagar has been recording since 1974 so it's Paul Sabu that sounds like Sammy Hagar not the other way around. Sammy is a rock n roll legend and I'll admit he's not for everyone but he's always been very successful here in the states (especially in the midwest) througout his career with Montrose, solo and Van Halen. :tumbsup:

As far as no one caring if it wasn't for who is involved, you can say that about almost every hyped album we talk about on this site. :lol:

As far as no one caring if it wasn't for who is involved, you can say that about almost every hyped album we talk about on this site. :lol:

Right, like FarCry, I get it man... you don't have to tell me twice. :crying:

If you knew your rock history Sammy Hagar has been recording since 1974 so it's Paul Sabu that sounds like Sammy Hagar not the other way around. Sammy is a rock n roll legend and I'll admit he's not for everyone but he's always been very successful here in the states (especially in the midwest) througout his career with Montrose, solo and Van Halen. :tumbsup:

Best thing I own with Hagar is HSAS. One of those S's of course standing for Schon :bowdown:

Unfortunately this doesnt even sniff at that....................

Right, like FarCry, I get it man... you don't have to tell me twice. :crying:

I didn't mention any names. :lol:

Ive got zero interest in this...im looking forward to some new VH with DLR.Looks like their going into the studio according to EVH.

I'll be shocked if they ever record with Roth and if they do I'd be shocked if it was good.

Eddie's talented and all but it's been a long time since he wrote a good tune much less an album.

Plus the rumor that Michael Anthony isn't going to be on the Van Halen Guitar Hero and Wolfgang will be in his place is just plain blasphemy IMO.

:lol: I had a feeling someone would say something like that... my creepy cousin. Okay, so Sabu sounds like Hagar - same same. Either way, it is not a voice I like. I didn't mind him in some of those old VH songs I know, but his voice sounds well worn these days.

As for the personnel being the drawcard, I agree that is what leads to the hype. But in which case, I personally still always - without exception - judge an album 100% on the strength of the songs, not because of who is on it.

Eg. I was as excited about the last White Lion, Lillian Axe and Winger discs as anyone. But just because it's a name I know and love doesn't mean I will not call shit shit. ;)

• 2023 Gold Donors
Ive got zero interest in this...im looking forward to some new VH with DLR.Looks like their going into the studio according to EVH.

I'll be shocked if they ever record with Roth and if they do I'd be shocked if it was good.

Eddie's talented and all but it's been a long time since he wrote a good tune much less an album.

Plus the rumor that Michael Anthony isn't going to be on the Van Halen Guitar Hero and Wolfgang will be in his place is just plain blasphemy IMO.

Yeah,not having Michael Anthony in the fold kinda leaves a bad taste in the mouth,but i think Dave & the VH bros still got one good album left in 'em.Well see...

Yeah,not having Michael Anthony in the fold kinda leaves a bad taste in the mouth,but i think Dave & the VH bros still got one good album left in 'em.Well see...

I'm cautiously optimistic, but I have to admit I'm more excited about this than Chickenfoot. :blink:

I caught CF live on Conan the other night and was not blown away. My first thought was they seemed like rock stars pretending to be rock stars...

I was very excited when I first found out about the project, but haven't heard much I really like. Joe seems to be going out of his way not to sound like himself. It's good music though, and prob sounds very fresh in the ears of classic rock hungry teens.

I would still go see them at the drop of a hat, I think the live shows are where it's at for this band. I would hope they would play some songs from the member's back catalogs in addition to CF, it would be great to see Joe go off on some classic Hagar or a good Pepper's song.

I think if they stay together and loosen up, they could be a monster band down the line... :)

I have heard 5 tracks of this so far and I am really looking forward to hearing the full disc (hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday). Will post my worthless opinion then.

I got this yesterday and will warn everyone about the packaging.

From the look of it it's a cheap digipack with no song titles.

But after bitching about not seeing any song titles the longer I had my hands on the cover the titles showed up.

If you rub your fingers on both the back and the front the songs titles and the pictures show up.

Very strange but inventive. But the music is where it counts and this cd has it IMO. Good stuff.