Chickenfoot

metaltrekman

Anyone see the 'Tonight Show" appearance Fri. night ? ugh ! the 'Oh Yeah' shouts were even out of tune ... Guess I'll just keep spinning "Not of this Earth" & "Surfing" to get my Satch fix.

Sam's voice may be well past its prime, but if I can sound like him when I'm pushing 60, I'll be happy !!

Joe seems to be going out of his way not to sound like himself.

Yep, I agree. He was really the only drawcard for me on this CD, but aside from most the songs sucking severly, I don't really hear him do much either. Waste of his talent, imo.

This 'ere Chickenfoot is pretty damned good in places. I'll play it again I think.

Great Release IMO...Takes a few good spins but it delivers...

Michael Anthony really shines on this...

Backed and it does get better with every spin.

I do think that if you're not a fan of Hagar you won't like this so I'm not suprised that Geoff doesn't like it as he said he doesn't like his voice. But myself being a big fan of Sammy and almost everything he does I think it's very good stuff. And to my ears Joe's playing is great and he really shines on the last track.

This cd sold almost 50,000 copies it's first week out last week to come in at #6 on the billboard chart.

I'd say that's pretty good for a new band that's not on a major label that didn't have much promotion besides the internet.

This cd sold almost 50,000 copies it's first week out last week to come in at #6 on the billboard chart.

I'd say that's pretty good for a new band that's not on a major label that didn't have much promotion besides the internet.

Definitely cool, but when you look at the people in it, it's not as much as a surprise as if a band of unknowns, like I don't know... FarCry or something did it... ;)

I broke down and ordered it, everyone else seems to like it so I figured wtf...

Definitely cool, but when you look at the people in it, it's not as much as a surprise as if a band of unknowns, like I don't know... FarCry or something did it... ;)

I broke down and ordered it, everyone else seems to like it so I figured wtf...

I agree it isn't a bunch of unknowns but I don't think Sammy's last solo disc sold but 5,000 copies the first week(this is a guess) and I'm sure Chad Smith pulled in some fans but I doubt that many RHCP fans really follow what Chad is doing outside of that band and most of the fans are probably not a fan of Sammy. I'd say it did help with who is involved but also the online promotion helped as well but I still have to say I'm suprised in this day and age with downloading that it sold that many the first week. I don't really expect it to sale to many more and probably max out at 100,000 if their lucky.

This just gets better and better with each spin, especially the second half. Those who say there are no songs on here really need their ears testing. Some of the riffs on here are fucking amazing aswell and Satriani really smokes throughout. I was just talking to Matt about this (and I am sure he won't mind me saying this) and he said he isn't going to touch this as it is just a project record and has no heart to it. I said to him, don't judge an album before you hear it, just because some say it isn't great. This album just has such a great vibe and groove going on throughout, and all the guys play like they are having a fucking party - it sure comes across that way anyway. Anyways, a brilliant disc and one I keep hitting the repeat button on as soon as it finishes.

Top Tracks so far (of which there are many)

Soap On A Rope

Get It Up

My Kinda Girl

Learning To Fall

Turnin' Left

This just gets better and better with each spin, especially the second half. Those who say there are no songs on here really need their ears testing. Some of the riffs on here are fucking amazing aswell and Satriani really smokes throughout. I was just talking to Matt about this (and I am sure he won't mind me saying this) and he said he isn't going to touch this as it is just a project record and has no heart to it. I said to him, don't judge an album before you hear it, just because some say it isn't great. This album just has such a great vibe and groove going on throughout, and all the guys play like they are having a fucking party - it sure comes across that way anyway. Anyways, a brilliant disc and one I keep hitting the repeat button on as soon as it finishes.

Backed on all counts.

And if you want to see a party check out their new video for "Oh Yeah". :tumbsup:

:agree:

Backed on all counts.

And if you want to see a party check out their new video for "Oh Yeah". :tumbsup:

Just keeps getting better and better.People are really missing out if they don't give this a go!!

My copy finally arrived Wednesday, and after playing it all day yesterday, I gotta say I'm loving it. "Sexy Little Thing" & "Oh Yeah" are probably my faves, but "Soap on a Rope" & "My Kinda Girl" are great too. Definitely worth checking out! :guitbannana: