Tyketto vs Southgang

Tyketto vs Southgang  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here is a battle between two of my absolute favorite bands!!

The mighty TYKETTO

VS.

The awesome SOUTHGANG

I pitted the first two Tyketto vs the first two Southgang, and also song vs song with the two against each other.

Your vote counts!! :dance:

Both GREAT bands, but I prefer both Southgang albums.

Songwise:

Tyketto - Forever Young

Tyketto - Standing Alone

Southgang - Georgia Lights (only just)

Tyketto - Burning Down Inside

Southgang - Tug Of War

Southgang - Fire In Your Body

Tyketto - End Of The Summer Days

Southgang - Culture Clash City

Southgang - Misery

Southgang - My Best Friend's Girl

Southgang "Tainted Angel" ; fillers on both debuts, but overall the Southgang has a few more killers.

Southgang "Group Therapy" ; much better album than decent Tyketto one, imo.

Forever Young ; by so many miles it's ridiculous. No comp.

Love Ain't Enough ; one of my all-time fave ballads.

Georgia Lights ; two crap songs and I guess this is the better of them.

Shoot Me Down ; 2 great songs but another of my literal all time faves.

Strength In Numbers ; tight, but I prefer this one.

Rescue Me ; this one by miles.

Water Under The Bridge ; neither of my faves, but definitely this one.

Culture Clash City ; love this one (2nd fave off the disc) and don't like the Tyketto one.

Misery ; 'Meet me in the night' is good, this is a pure classic. Perfect. One of my top 5 riffs of all time.

My Best Friend's Girl ; easy. Love this song, don't like the Tyketto one.

Overall, pretty even. I do definitely prefer Southgang. Even though their debut was a little patchy I just found them to be the far more consistent band, even if 'Wings' and 'Forever Young' are two of the best songs ever recorded.

Cool poll too. I dug it. :)

Tyketto on almost everything with Southgang getting my vote on a few songs from the 2nd releases.

Both are/were great bands of the era but to me Tyketto were a better band but Southgang were great too.

Cool thread!

A lot of these choices were extremely close for me....

~ Tyketto - "Don't Come Easy" .... I could go either way on this one really, tough call...

~ Tyketto - "Strength In Numbers"

~ Tyketto - "Forever Young" ....love both songs though

~ Southgang - "Love Ain't Enough" ...although "Standing Alone" is one of the best vocal performances that I've heard, I'm going with Southgang on this one... just like the "feel" of it a little more...

~ Tyketto - "Seasons"

~ Tyketto - "Burning Down Inside" .... while "Shoot Me Down" is a good song, "Burning Down Inside" is one of the best EVER!

~ Southgang - "Tug Of War" ...actually givin' the edge to Southgang on this one! Love this song...

~ Southgang - "Fire In Your Body"

~ Southgang - "Water Under the Bridge" .... two different types of songs, but I'll go with Southgang.

~ Tyketto - "Catch My Fall"

~ Tyketto - "Meet Me in the Night"

~ Southgang - "My Best Friend's Girl"

Very cool polls! Both are really good, underrated bands in their own right.

Southgang for albums. A better band with better songs although Vaughn is easily the better vocalist.

In the song department I went with Southgang EXCEPT for the following:

Forever Young

Standing Alone

Seasons

Very cool poll.

Wasn't even close for me. I went with Southgang all the way. I never cared much for Tyketto. "Tainted Angel" is still hands down one of the best cds to ever see the light of day in 1991.

Wasn't even close for me. I went with Southgang all the way. I never cared much for Tyketto. "Tainted Angel" is still hands down one of the best cds to ever see the light of day in 1991.

So I guess you're one of the two freaks who voted for the song 'Tainted Angel' over 'Forever young'? How do you sleep at night? :P

Seriously, the rest is a mixed back and to each their own, but I can see no contest there. ;)

Yeah, Southgang pretty much blows 3rd tier Tyketto out of the water...why Tyketto is so popular in Europe is baffling to me...but they were nothing here in the U.S. *not that Southgang had a huge following..but they had a larger following or appreciation than Tyketto*

Yeah, Southgang pretty much blows 3rd tier Tyketto out of the water...why Tyketto is so popular in Europe is baffling to me...but they were nothing here in the U.S. *not that Southgang had a huge following..but they had a larger following or appreciation than Tyketto*

Diddn't Tyketto's "Don't Come Easy" sell over 250,000 copies?

If "Tainted Angel" sold more than that I'd be suprised.

I know they didn't go gold but they might of sold about the same.

And for the record I loved Southgang but for one Danny was/is a better vocalist than Jesse and to my ears anyway they had more great songs. But that's just my opinion.

Aim For The Heart was always one I was partial to! I'm a Southgang man myself, Tyketto never did much for me, sheeeiiiittt! Marvelous 3 was better then Tyketto! Vaughns a talent, but they just never wrote good songs outside the first 2 tracks on that debut, I'm hard pressed to remember any of their other songs!

Aim For The Heart was always one I was partial to! I'm a Southgang man myself, Tyketto never did much for me, sheeeiiiittt! Marvelous 3 was better then Tyketto! Vaughns a talent, but they just never wrote good songs outside the first 2 tracks on that debut, I'm hard pressed to remember any of their other songs!

"Don't Come Easy" is melodic rock perfection IMO.

I can't believe the haters of Tyketto around here.

Me either! Tyketto was awesome!!

Blue Tears is melodic rock perfection!!! I don't hear anything remotely similar in Tyketto, they made me waste money when I was in 8th grade, cause they played Wings on Kber, so I took my lawnmowing money down to buy it, cause I thought Wings was such a kick ass song, and Forever Young started and I thought OH SHIT! the second Wings ended it didnt do anything but go down hill, IMO, I was pissed, because I could only afford 1 cd, and I put Saints & Sinners back down, grabbed Tyketto and booked it to the cashier, when I finally got Saint & Sinners, I thought that was 100 times better then Tyketto, maybe it's just me, I can't help what I like and don't like, I just don't hear anything special, Ironically, Danny Vaughns one my favorite singers! strange huh?

Blue Tears is melodic rock perfection!!! I don't hear anything remotely similar in Tyketto, they made me waste money when I was in 8th grade, cause they played Wings on Kber, so I took my lawnmowing money down to buy it, cause I thought Wings was such a kick ass song, and Forever Young started and I thought OH SHIT! the second Wings ended it didnt do anything but go down hill, IMO, I was pissed, because I could only afford 1 cd, and I put Saints & Sinners back down, grabbed Tyketto and booked it to the cashier, when I finally got Saint & Sinners, I thought that was 100 times better then Tyketto, maybe it's just me, I can't help what I like and don't like, I just don't hear anything special, Ironically, Danny Vaughns one my favorite singers! strange huh?

That is strange to love Danny but think Tyketto is average.

And you're right you can't help what you like as I can't help what I like.

Where you think Tyketto is average I thought Blue Tears was good but nothing mindblowing.

I guess that's why we all have opinions. :beerbang:

I also thought Blue Tears was so-so, not magnificent like Tyketto. :blink:

Did you just use the word 'magnificent' to describe Tyketto and keep a straight face? Thazz sum funny shit, yo!

Did you just use the word 'magnificent' to describe Tyketto and keep a straight face? Thazz sum funny shit, yo!

I also do it with it a straight face but I also know Mark that you think that Tyketto is just an average band.

I agree...I mean...Tyketto??!! hahaha

Someone mentioned something about two good songs on their debut....and I had to agree, I remember when I bought it...listened to it, and thought....this sucks donkey balls, except for one or two songs.

To each their own...but I seriously smile when I hear people praising 'Tyketto'.....

And Clutch...Southgang was 'bland'??!!! Did you even hear 'Group Therapy'??? Now...I don't know what type of music you generally prefer, but Southgang wasn't many things.....because they were at best 2nd tier *one above Tyketto*, but they certainly weren't 'bland'......

I agree, I'm not surprised everyone doesn't like all their songs, that is why we all have opinions and polls like this to discuss, but I am a little surprised at the amount of general dislike as well. Their debut didn't have a bad song on it IMO, aside from Lay Your Body Down which is not bad, just not a real favorite of mine. I can pretty much say the same for Strength In Numbers with Why Do You Cry being the non-favorite track.

Unfortunately I have never heard anything by Southgang but if they are being compared to Tyketto on some level I definitely want to find some of their music and give it a listen.

Me neither.... -_- but.......whatever.

Maybe I'm missing something with this 'marvelous' Southgang loving goin' on.

nah...

Me neither.... -_- but.......whatever.

Maybe I'm missing something with this 'marvelous' Southgang loving goin' on.

nah...

Your bias goes well beyond the musicality of Tyketto.......without Danny Vaughn you prolly would have never even gave them a first look!!! Let alone listen!!! LOL

But, it's casual...............you take your Tyketto and I'll take Southgang, and know that you're missin' out.... :)