Steel Panther - Death To All But Metal

SamboraRocks86

Killer!!!

Why can't we just be back in the 80's?? :crying:

atleast you got to experience it once!!! :P

No Shit! Experience it not in elementary

I know these guys are a parody, but the lyrics are too much. It's all about licking and sucking balls or dick, blowing loads and fuckin' in the ass. I think the music is great but those lyrics are way too juvenille, every single song is about fuckin' and suckin'. A little more subtlety would be nice. 80's bands sang about those things, but camouflaged it to a point of being acceptable. As listeners we had to read between the lines of sort, but with Steel Panther the common sense filter has been removed and it's just plain absurd. It was funny at first when they came out with Hole Patrol, which was about 3 or 4 years ago, but now the joke is just lame. Like a good David Letterman joke, they just beat it to death and now seem simply redundant and just really stupid.

Gotta agree with zacharyamelie. The musicianship is top shelf and ultra catchy; I wish more acts could reproduce that 80s sound with as much authenticity as Parrish and the boys. But yeah, the lyrics seem to take the lowest common denominator approach and then lower it a few bars more. From what I've heard of it, Hole Patrol perfectly lampooned the genre with enough creativity that hardcore fans could still enjoy the send up.

Video is awesome though and and I'm still dying to see their live show in Vegas one day. And if anyone has an extra original copy of Hole Patrol, dial my number.

When does the Steel Panther disc come out?

But the whole point is its sposed to be an over the top version of the 80s hair metal genre.

If they toned it down, then they would just be an 80s hair metal retro band.

The whole point of parody is to take things beyond the original, not be exactly the same as it.

Parody folks, parody. That's the whole point. That and taking shots at other genres. It's harmless fun really.

Not that it hasn't been done before. Spinal Tap, Skrapp Mettle, Tuff's "American Hair Band", etc.

It just hasn't been done lately...

And its the best kind of parody, self referencing rather than someone who is parodying because they hate the genre.

These guys are mocking themselves as much as any other band, which means its done with respect for the style they are actually playing!

My guess is that the lyrics will be even MORE lowest common denominator for the new album (which comes out June 9th). The band is trying to appeal to a broader audience now because they HAVE to sell CD's / downloads / 8-tracks / whateverthefuck. Kids may not jump on the music much at first but they WILL be attracted to the lyrics and the band IS getting played on modern rock / alternative rock stations.

Another thing to remember is that they didn't go looking for a deal, the deal came to them.

Parody folks, parody. That's the whole point. That and taking shots at other genres. It's harmless fun really.

Not that it hasn't been done before. Spinal Tap, Skrapp Mettle, Tuff's "American Hair Band", etc.

I know it's a parody, I get it!! But the jokes are old and way, way overdone. At least Spinal Tap still had some elements of smarts, Steel Panther doesn't. Listen to the sample track "Girl From Oklahoma" on their MySpace page, a parody of Extreme's - More Than Words, well sound wise it is. I have no "words" to describe how lame and over stupidified that track is.

Suckin' balls and fuckin' ass is funny once, maybe twice... but a whole album's worth is crap!!! I won't be buying it.

This album will be the equivalent of that retarted "Scary Movie" franchise that year in and year out make parodies of all those current hit movies. I didn't mind the first few movies in the series, because it was fresh and funny, but now they....well...."suck balls"....great, just great, the stupidy is growing on me. :doh:

I know it's a parody, I get it!! But the jokes are old and way, way overdone. At least Spinal Tap still had some elements of smarts, Steel Panther doesn't. Listen to the sample track "Girl From Oklahoma" on their MySpace page, a parody of Extreme's - More Than Words, well sound wise it is. I have no "words" to describe how lame and over stupidified that track is.

Suckin' balls and fuckin' ass is funny once, maybe twice... but a whole album's worth is crap!!! I won't be buying it.

This album will be the equivalent of that retarted "Scary Movie" franchise that year in and year out make parodies of all those current hit movies. I didn't mind the first few movies in the series, because it was fresh and funny, but now they....well...."suck balls"....great, just great, the stupidy is growing on me. :doh:

And for everybody out there like you who finds it tired and cliched, theres another like me who just takes it for what it is, humourous songs that make me laugh!

I dont see what is stupid or lame other than the lyrics that are purposely stupid and lame, which is the whole joke really.

I know these guys are a parody, but the lyrics are too much. It's all about licking and sucking balls or dick, blowing loads and fuckin' in the ass. I think the music is great but those lyrics are way too juvenille, every single song is about fuckin' and suckin'. A little more subtlety would be nice. 80's bands sang about those things, but camouflaged it to a point of being acceptable. As listeners we had to read between the lines of sort, but with Steel Panther the common sense filter has been removed and it's just plain absurd. It was funny at first when they came out with Hole Patrol, which was about 3 or 4 years ago, but now the joke is just lame. Like a good David Letterman joke, they just beat it to death and now seem simply redundant and just really stupid.

Yep agreed. It's a bit of a novelty & is pretty entertaining but they're not clever enough songwriters to pull this off to warrant anyone actually buying an albums worth of this material. Plus as the music is just standard 80's Hard Rock there's nothing much that hasn't been done before, & much better.

Amusing, especially the first time you see the video clip, but not worth spending any money on a full album of IMO....