How much have you paid for a CD?

for a single cd mr. mbutt made me lose my virginity.... :lol: was it 35 or 40 dollars if i recall right.....heavy harmonies made me do it......

in the past,when dollar was much more cheapo than today and before the fucking euro thing, give me back my pound, i paid till 40 and 50 some times for some japanese yngwie boot cds....but then this helped me join the trading circuit and thus i took more from them without having to pay anymore.....thankfully the vinyl boots of yngwie back then weren't as pricey as they're now.....

edit: i forgot also that once i was trying to bid for my top wanted cd(sorry, no titles, business secret :lol: )...i was so desperate that i bid 57.77 dollars for it....and i lost it from a great brother of mine(if he could told me sooner i wouldn't bid coz the price was like 26-27 a couple of seconds before the auction finised)....still don't have it..... :doh:

Most I ever paid for a CD was $42.98 for a Japanese import of Raven's DESTROY ALL MONSTERS - LIVE IN JAPAN disc back in 1995. I hated to do it but the album was only available in Japan at the time and I had to keep my complete Raven discography current!!

A couple of years later I was rooting around in a used CD store and found the f*ckin' thing marked down to $7.99 -- story of my life. :doh:

If memory serves I paid something like $22 for Vicious Rumors' DIGITAL DICTATOR about ten years ago and somewhere in the $25 range for Savatage's GHOST IN THE RUINS live CD (when it was still only available in Europe -- it didn't get a US release till five or six years later!). Other than those couple I've never been a big spender.

About £30 quid for Angel's 'Sinful' disc. Money well spent aswell.

Now, I limit myself and haven't had to spend anywhere near that to get the stuff I want.

I paid $129 for FOXX "The Grand Finale"!

:blink: holy shit.

The most ive paid is about £15-20. Tops.

Mind you I bought most of what are deemed the classics when they came so dont have to do so much 'hunting'.

for a single cd mr. mbutt made me lose my virginity.... :lol: was it 35 or 40 dollars if i recall right.....heavy harmonies made me do it......

in the past,when dollar was much more cheapo than today and before the fucking euro thing, give me back my pound, i paid till 40 and 50 some times for some japanese yngwie boot cds....but then this helped me join the trading circuit and thus i took more from them without having to pay anymore.....thankfully the vinyl boots of yngwie back then weren't as pricey as they're now.....

edit: i forgot also that once i was trying to bid for my top wanted cd(sorry, no titles, business secret :lol: )...i was so desperate that i bid 57.77 dollars for it....and i lost it from a great brother of mine(if he could told me sooner i wouldn't bid coz the price was like 26-27 a couple of seconds before the auction finised)....still don't have it..... :doh:

What about Raising Cain's - Hell On Earth that you bidded $67 on it. Does that count? :whistle:

When I started out buying CDs and I thought the only way was getting imports from my local CD shop I bought Masquerade's debut for au$40 (which is about us$30 at the moment) and maybe one or two more titles at that price, but that's the highest I ever went. Crazy kid. I don't get anywhere near that these days, or in the last 5-6 years.

What about Raising Cain's - Hell On Earth that you bidded $67 on it. Does that count? :whistle:

was it 67? i thought it was 57.77.... oups, i shouldn't write that but whatever....:whistle:

For Christmas in 2000, my wife bought me Lillian Axe - Love & War on CD for around 100$. I had never heard of Ebay, my knowledge of it changed quickly after that.

For Christmas in 2000, my wife bought me Lillian Axe - Love & War on CD for around 100$. I had never heard of Ebay, my knowledge of it changed quickly after that.

ahahaha, my wife puts in my credit card 'round 200 euros every christmas for my habbit...i love the blonde mistress....

was it 67? i thought it was 57.77.... oups, i shouldn't write that but whatever....:whistle:

Yes it was $67 & the price was $41 not $26. With or without lies you're off topic anyway...

See what I mean....I got that at release for about £10.

Great album

I paid $129 for FOXX "The Grand Finale"!

:blink: holy shit.

The most ive paid is about £15-20. Tops.

Mind you I bought most of what are deemed the classics when they came so dont have to do so much 'hunting'.

Haha, yeah, the sad part is is that I don't even have Foxx anymore. Although I did purchase an original Joker "Cool Deal" for about $70 back in the day too. I do still have the Joker though and feel it was worth every penny.

I'm not much of a big spender either...within the last couple of years I bought these at used cd stores (damn I hate when they know something is rare :thppt: )

ANDY TAYLOR - THUNDER ($18)

WHITE ZOMBIE - MAKE THEM DIE SLOWLY ($20)

Y&T - DOWN FOR THE COUNT (IMPORT $20)

I once paid $100 for a rare Dokken cd called "Sacramento Is Burning" on Eclipse Records. Silver pressed. It had two full soundboard quality live shows on it, one from 1983 and the other 1984. The 1983 show actually contained a few rare tracks that were never on any of their releases.

When times got tough, I sold it for around the same amount as I bought it. :blink:

I guess the first time I spent big bucks was around 6 years ago... when terje @ rock of norway picked up 10 copies of oslo - s/t... he was selling for $450 usd a piece & that equaled to $620 odd aussie dollars... To my knowledge the cd has never been on ebay & no other copies have been located.. well the band is sitiing on a box load but wont part with any.

then around um........ 4 years ago I was fortunate enough to win an original vanadium - seventh heaven cd for 505 usd from HH very own Delbert.... this translated to $650 aussie bucks... & it still remains as the most I've spend on a CD.. & well worth every cent.

I've been fortunate to pay pittance for many top rarities on cd so far.

£30 is usually my cut off point, but I think I paid somwhere between that and £40 for the Floyds Funk Revival CD.

My personal theory is that no music is worth more than £30 (I even try to get box sets cheaper than that), and anyone who pays silly money for a CD, has too much money!

For me, spending hundreds of pounds or dollars on a single CD is a total waste, as you could afford god knows how many CDs for that, and probably end up with better music anyway by buying loads of £5/£10 CDs!

i just paid 27 pounds, approximately $38, for a single cd. US indie, of coz, lets see how is it...i never cared to find it on cd-r before....

edit: i love my paypal armour....(while i still have it....)