PLAYED OUT...

Jimbo

There are certain songs that are over-played. There are some that are exceptionally bad. But sometimes, when ill-fortune and lack of talent combine, a song can be over-played AND exceptionally bad. Here is a short list of those songs which I hope never to hear ever, ever again.

Ever.

We Built This City (crap on a stick)

If You Leave Me Now (eat the stick, crap it out, and put it on another stick)

Come On Eileen (possibly the most offensive title to make the top 40)

We Didn't Start the Fire (but we wish we had so we could toss every copy of this song into it)

You could disagree. But you would be wrong.

Next?

KISS - ROCK & ROLL ALL NITE (I love KISS & all but I would like to grab FM radio programmers & scream "KISS RECORDED MORE THAN 1 F*CKING SONG, ASSH*LE!!!)

QUIET RIOT - CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE (same as above)

OZZY OSBOURNE - CRAZY TRAIN (used to really love this song until it got run into the ground on classic rock radio & all sporting events)

POISON - UNSKINNY BOP ( :puke: )

BAHA MEN - WHO LET THE DOGS OUT (did this really win a grammy????)

BOBBY McFERRIN - DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY ( :2up: )

STYX - MR. ROBOTO (horrible! do I need say more?)

SOUNDGARDEN - BLACK HOLE SUN (I like most of their stuff but this song just grates on my last nerve. :yikes: )

and anything by PEARL JAM, PUDDLE OF MUD or CREED..............

Two that come to mind for me right away:

AC/DC - "You Shook Me All Night Long" - great band, it was once a great song but it has become SO overplayed that GOD DAMMIT I never ever want to hear this song again!! Last time I saw AC/DC on the "Ballbreaker" tour they actually opened the set with this one... at first I was like "Gack," but then reasoned "Well, at least they're getting it out of the way early..."

Metallica - "Enter Sandman" -- again, great song when it first came out, nearly twenty years later it's been abso-frickin-lutely run into the ground.

Metallica - "Enter Sandman" -- again, great song when it first came out, nearly twenty years later it's been abso-frickin-lutely run into the ground.

Backed. Especially since it's been taken over by every sports league in America.

Cool Topic!

These are working my last nerve:

STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN-LED ZEPPELIN

FREEBIRD-LYNYRD SKYNYRD

BACK IN BLACK-AC/DC

MAN IN A BOX-ALICE IN CHAINS

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE-G&R

SWEET CHILD 'O MINE-G&R

RUNNIN WITH THE DEVIL-VAN HALEN

GLYCERINE-BUSH

EVERYTHING-STONE TEMPLE PILOTS

I KISSED A GIRL-KATE PERRY

EVERYTHING -PINK

AIN'T NO HOLLERBACK GIRL-GWEN STEPHANI

DREAM ON-OUROLDSMITH

People wonder why no one listens to the radio anymore!!!

stairway to heaven,rock n roll,black dog and all of my love-luv Led Zep but they did so many better songs than these.commercial radio just kills great songs to death.

rock n roll all nite,shout it out loud,i was made for lovin you and sure know something-same again,Kiss is one of my fave bands but too much overkill.

KISS - ROCK & ROLL ALL NITE (I love KISS & all but I would like to grab FM radio programmers & scream "KISS RECORDED MORE THAN 1 F*CKING SONG, ASSH*LE!!!)

QUIET RIOT - CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE (same as above)

OZZY OSBOURNE - CRAZY TRAIN (used to really love this song until it got run into the ground on classic rock radio & all sporting events)

POISON - UNSKINNY BOP ( :puke: )

and anything by PEARL JAM, PUDDLE OF MUD or CREED..............

Backed on these..just played way to much...also

Anything off of Metallica's Black Album...

Literally 99% of all songs I have ever heard on the radio - no joke.

:tumbsup::bowdown::beerbang::banger:

Absolutely the most brilliant thing ever said! NO JOKE!

However, I'll do you one better and say 100% of all music played on the radio today.

:drink:

Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water

I loooooooooooooove Deep Purple but damn they had so many more good songs than this one but it just won't die.

Please Classic Rock radio play something off of Fireball, In Rock, Burn, Stormbringer, Come Taste the Band, Battle Rages On or Perfect Strangers.................

Literally 99% of all songs I have ever heard on the radio - no joke.

:tumbsup::bowdown::beerbang::banger:

Absolutely the most brilliant thing ever said! NO JOKE!

However, I'll do you one better and say 100% of all music played on the radio today.

I would have gone there if not for Hinder... who haven't got anything off the last CD on the radio, but there were a few tracks from 'Extreme Behaviour'.

Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water

I loooooooooooooove Deep Purple but damn they had so many more good songs than this one but it just won't die.

Please Classic Rock radio play something off of Fireball, In Rock, Burn, Stormbringer, Come Taste the Band, Battle Rages On or Perfect Strangers.................

Hey don't forget they play HUSH, too.... :rofl2: