Thunder Call It A Day

Rockposer

From official website -

AN ANNOUNCEMENT

28th January 2008

Dear All

As we enter Thunder's 20th anniversary year, we've found ourselves becoming increasingly busy with our various activities outside of the band, and we've come to the conclusion that there are simply not enough hours in the day to fit it all in. Having discussed it at length, we've decided that this is a fitting time for us to hitch up our wagons and ride into the sunset. We've therefore decided to give you advance notice that we intend to cease all recording and touring activity, as of the summer of 2009.

In practical terms, this means that we will cease to be a band as of the summer, but until then it will be more or less business as usual. The 2008 Xmas Show CDs will be released as promised, and the previously announced shows in Europe (February) and Japan (April) will go ahead as planned. We will use these shows, as well as any festival slots we can secure, to make the most of the time left, and say our goodbyes to you.

With that in mind, despite only touring a couple of months ago, we couldn't make our exit without saying goodbye to UK fans, so we've arranged a final UK tour, which will take place in early July. The dates are as follows:-

03/07 - Manchester Academy

04/07 - Sheffield City Hall

05/07 - Cambridge Corn Exchange

07/07 - Newcastle City Hall

08/07 - Nottingham Rock City

10/07 - Wolverhampton Civic Hall

11/07 - London Shepherds Bush Empire

Tickets will be on sale as of Friday 30th January.

We've played loads of fantastic shows over the last 20 years, but we want all the shows between now and when we go to be the best we've ever done. We really hope you'll want to be there to help us to do that.

Thanks

Thunder

I'm not surprised. Anything outside of their debut is patchy at best imo so I won't exactly miss them. I wish them well though!

I could never even understand the appeal of their debut. Not even that one worked for me and the rest were just crap, imo, so I have to admit I am completely unmoved by this news.

To the fans, though, my heart goes out to you. :(

I'm not surprised. Anything outside of their debut is patchy at best imo so I won't exactly miss them. I wish them well though!

I could never even understand the appeal of their debut. Not even that one worked for me and the rest were just crap, imo, so I have to admit I am completely unmoved by this news.

I would check it out again Geoff. Great hooks & some heart felt lyrics.

I would check it out again Geoff. Great hooks & some heart felt lyrics.

It's not a bad album. In fact, I think I did like a song off it. I just remember I played it, thought it was okay and definitely better than their other stuff, but I wasn't really moved that much at all by it. I think it reminded me of Beggars and Thieves' debut. Good solid rock, but maybe a little unspectacular. Maybe worth revisiting.

Well that's not very nice.

Thunder are one of the first bands I got into and are one of the best around. This is about the third time they've called it a day so I'll expect them back in a few years.

All the albums are excellent. Especially the first four.

Well that's not very nice.

Thunder are one of the first bands I got into and are one of the best around. This is about the third time they've called it a day so I'll expect them back in a few years.

All the albums are excellent. Especially the first four.

What's not very nice?

Shit....Shit....Shit.....one of the best hard rock bands around and now they're gone....again... :crying:

Could not agree more.....They were the :bowdown: Bad Company of the 90's and 2000's... :crying:

Probably my 2nd favourite band of all time :bowdown:

Another great, talented band packs up. This band released some great stuff, especially their first 3 discs, which were superb albums. A Really really good live band aswell, which is where they will be really missed by alot of people.

Another great, talented band packs up. This band released some great stuff, especially their first 3 discs, which were superb albums. A Really really good live band aswell, which is where they will be really missed by alot of people.

Half your luck mate just to have got to see them live :crying:

Again? Didn't they call it quits a couple of years back? Or am I misremembering...

-Dan

I think you're right I believe that broke up around 97/98 for a few years.

They broke up in 1999 just after releasing "Giving The Game Away"

Already can't wait for a reunion show down the track hopefully with a DVD release :lol: