Chavis Records - Jan. 26, 2009

heavyharmonies

keelpromobw.png

On Monday, January 26th, Ron Keel announced on “Eddie Trunk Live” on Sirius/XM radio that the KEEL Reunion has been confirmed for a prime slot on the Rocklahoma 2009 Main Stage.

KEEL – the band that gave you “The Right To Rock” – is back in action for their 25th Anniversary Reunion, performing and recording together for the first time in 20 years. Ron Keel, along with guitarists Marc Ferrari & Bryan Jay, drummer Dwain Miller, and bassist Geno Arce, will be delivering all the hits: “Because The Night,” “Somebody’s Waiting,” “Rock N Roll Outlaw,” “Tears Of Fire,” and of course one of the defining anthems of 80’s metal “The Right To Rock.”

KEEL also announced signing with one of hard rock’s heaviest hitters – Maryland-based CHAVIS RECORDS – with plans to release a new KEEL CD by summertime. Label CEO - Bill Chavis - "Everyone at CR is beyond excitement about having KEEL join the family not to mention that KEEL is undoubtedly one of the paramount pioneers of this genre of music. Being part of KEEL's 25th anniversary is electrifying!"

“We are so proud to have such a prestigious spot on the Rocklahoma bill,” Ron states. “This festival is the big one that started it all, and was certainly one of our goals when we reunited. We can promise you, when KEEL hits that stage we are going to pack 20 years worth of energy and sweat into our 1-hour show.”

More information will be forthcoming. Visit http://www.chavisrecords.net, http://www.myspace.com/chavisrecords, http://www.keelreunion.com, http://www.myspace.com/keelband

WOW! Super keen to hear the new disc!

And who's the dude with the hands at the front of that photo? Not cool. That's Ron, isn't it?

Yes Ron is still a very good friend and we talked about the new Keel album. However , I wasn't able to fund it and was very happy to hear Bill Chavis had made a great offer to Ron & Co. for a new album. There's few people in this business I respect more than Bill. He's a great guy and will do Keel right.

Congrats!

And who's the dude with the hands at the front of that photo? Not cool. That's Ron, isn't it?

Yup, that's him. Time has not been kind to that boy! :yikes:

Seriously tho, I'd give a new Keel disc a shot, as long as it's more like THE RIGHT TO ROCK or BACK IN ACTION and less like, say, the S/T or LARGER THAN LIVE :puke:

Seriously tho, I'd give a new Keel disc a shot, as long as it's more like THE RIGHT TO ROCK or BACK IN ACTION and less like, say, the S/T or LARGER THAN LIVE :puke:

Agreed, though I DO like the 1987 ST album Man.... :headbanger:

Yeah the s/t is much more polished but it still had some great songs and I really liked "Larger" for the awesome "Evil, Wicked, Mean and Nasty", "Die Fighting", "Riding High" and "Dreams are Not Enough" plus the great live side of the disc. :banger:

Yeah the s/t is much more polished but it still had some great songs and I really liked "Larger" for the awesome "Evil, Wicked, Mean and Nasty", "Die Fighting", "Riding High" and "Dreams are Not Enough" plus the great live side of the disc. :banger:

Yeah, I love both albums. 'Dreams are not enough' is actually, strangely enough, one of my favourite Keel songs of all. Just a really wonderful ballad, imo.

Yeah the s/t is much more polished

It's TOO damn polished for me. It's got a couple of good songs but I greatly preferred THE RIGHT TO ROCK over the rest of the Keel catalog.

It's TOO damn polished for me. It's got a couple of good songs but I greatly preferred THE RIGHT TO ROCK over the rest of the Keel catalog.

I like the s/t and Right to Rock, but Final Frontier will always be my favorite! :banger:

I like the s/t and Right to Rock, but Final Frontier will always be my favorite! :banger:

Final Frontier is my fav too. :tumbsup:

Here as well.

Here as well.

My fave too. Damn, it looks like we are all sucking up to Pete :whistle:

Not to bring the positive vibe of the thread down, but Ron was never a vocalist extraordinair and not into a flame fest, but can he still sing well?

(I say this with love as I have noted elsewhere that I LOVE this band despite Ron's vocals but...) He never could in the first place, so does it really matter? ;)

But to answer your question seriously, Terry, I had the debut Iron Horse CD for quite a while before I got rid of it and I must say his vocals were better on that than they ever were with Keel.

But it goes to show that stuff like that's only trivial because the weakest Keel album absolutely manslaughters anything Iron Horse did. His vocals worked for Keel and I can't wait to hear them make some noise again. :)