First two albums: Badlands vs. Bonham

Badlands vs. Bonham  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both great bands that had a "bluesy" rock edge to them....

I definately gotta take Badlands with the first album...but I give the edge to Bonham's second album. Pretty tough calls though....I just always thought that this was a pretty interesting comparison...well, for me anyway...

Which albums do you like better? And what are your thoughts on this?

:lol: I have owned and sold all 4 of these discs! Which means I honestly don't like any of them at all, but credit where it's due; imo Badlands were 1000 times better than Bonham. Badlands get both picks for me.

I prefer Bonham's 'Disregard' disc over Badlands, not a bad album at all, but I didn't like 'Mad Hatter' very much to be honest.

Badlands and Badlands. Never cared for Bonham at all, the singer's voice annoyed the piss outta me.

Both great bands

I can never, EVER consider Bonham a great band.

And though, I haven't heard a whole Badlands album, I'd say that Jake E. Lee just wasted his talents.

I own both debuts and I can say not even close, Badlands is one of my favorite all time bands and they just had so much more fire than Bonham ever could've hoped to IMO. I don't own Bonham's second nor have I even heard it, but being that Voodoo Highway is one of my top 5 albums EVER I can say with some degree of certainty that they'd win that contest too. :)

Both great bands

And though, I haven't heard a whole Badlands album, I'd say that Jake E. Lee just wasted his talents.

How so? He ripped on the Ozzy albums he played on & all three Badlands cd's are awesome. I agree he hasn't been heard from in a while but a waste? Nah...

Both great bands

How so? He ripped on the Ozzy albums he played on & all three Badlands cd's are awesome. I agree he hasn't been heard from in a while but a waste? Nah...

I agree far from a waste. All Badlands and Ozzy albums with Jake are great stuff especially Badlands.

Sure it would be nice if he'd put out more albums now or start up Badlands again or at least a new band but considering his consitent output in his career he's hasn't wasted his talents IMO.

Both great bands

I agree far from a waste. All Badlands and Ozzy albums with Jake are great stuff especially Badlands.

Sure it would be nice if he'd put out more albums now or start up Badlands again or at least a new band but considering his consitent output in his career he's hasn't wasted his talents IMO.

Backed on all counts... great player, just wish he'd put out more stuff after Badlands. I was really psyched for that Bourgeous Pigs (sp) project but they only ever had that one tune that I have somewhere...

Both great bands

Backed on all counts... great player, just wish he'd put out more stuff after Badlands.

Maybe he should audition for Farcry, I hear they're looking for a new axeman. ;)

Both great bands

Backed on all counts... great player, just wish he'd put out more stuff after Badlands.

Maybe he should audition for Farcry, I hear they're looking for a new axeman. ;)

Well that makes sense, the guy they have now is SO good he totally overshadows the rest of the band with his awesomeness and stuff.

Both great bands

Well that makes sense, the guy they have now is SO good he totally overshadows the rest of the band with his awesomeness and stuff.

I read somewhere on a blog that one of the band members (off the record) stated that the guitarist thinks that he's Doug Aldrich and even insists on the rest of the band calling him "Doug". :lol:

Both great bands

I read somewhere on a blog that one of the band members (off the record) stated that the guitarist thinks that he's Doug Aldrich and even insists on the rest of the band calling him "Doug". :lol:

Actually I make them call me "DA" for short...

Found that Bourgeois Pigs tune, here is the link. Cool stuff!

Both great bands

Actually I make them call me "DA" for short...

Found that Bourgeois Pigs tune, here is the link. Cool stuff!

Who is that link? :tumbsup: