Christmas Gift or Bonus from Work

Faron

Wow, I almost feel bad for typing this, but not really, because of how little it impacts me.

I technically got an au$5000 bonus, but after tax it's about $3000. I know, I know, sounds like heaven. But it paid off about 1/3 of my credit card bill and obviously didn't take a cent off my bank account overdraught, so in the end, it did absolutely 0 for me. I don't mean to sound greedy, but after the year we've had and my doing 2 jobs for 3 months I was expecting at least double that. Guess that's why my balls have the huge 'KICK ME!' sign on them.

For the record, that bonus is quite low within our company. All the plebs that have been here 3 years or more (like me) get that, most others get a lot more.

$3000 - WOW most would be well happy with that, for whatever bill it pays off. I thought the idea of a bonus was to give a little extra something at the end of the year as a thankyou, and surely not somethging that should be expected! by anyone!

I've worked here about 4 years now and I got almost that amount in my first year, when I was not technically entitled to any. We had a "really bad year" and I got that same amount. As I said, I am very grateful, but I did a lot more this year (working two full time jobs for over 3 months) and based on what I know other people were getting for extra work, I did expect more.

We'd be idiots not to expect it, as it is part of the package we receive as an employee, from the outset. ;)

Lucky to have it as part of your package then mate.

Wow, I almost feel bad for typing this, but not really, because of how little it impacts me.

I technically got an au$5000 bonus, but after tax it's about $3000. I know, I know, sounds like heaven. But it paid off about 1/3 of my credit card bill and obviously didn't take a cent off my bank account overdraught, so in the end, it did absolutely 0 for me. I don't mean to sound greedy, but after the year we've had and my doing 2 jobs for 3 months I was expecting at least double that. Guess that's why my balls have the huge 'KICK ME!' sign on them.

For the record, that bonus is quite low within our company. All the plebs that have been here 3 years or more (like me) get that, most others get a lot more.

$3000 - WOW most would be well happy with that, for whatever bill it pays off. I thought the idea of a bonus was to give a little extra something at the end of the year as a thankyou, and surely not somethging that should be expected! by anyone!

I've worked here about 4 years now and I got almost that amount in my first year, when I was not technically entitled to any. We had a "really bad year" and I got that same amount. As I said, I am very grateful, but I did a lot more this year (working two full time jobs for over 3 months) and based on what I know other people were getting for extra work, I did expect more.

We'd be idiots not to expect it, as it is part of the package we receive as an employee, from the outset. ;)

Yeah, always been very grateful for it, no doubt.

I got a bonus and a pay rise !!!

'Cos I'm feeling generous I thought I'd share the love and get a round in ... :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

What a great place you must work at! :tumbsup:

I got a bonus and an extra day's holiday (Jan 2nd)

Nice one mate, all the British employers seem generous except mine :lol:

Strange thing is, I did pretty well, but my company ain't doin' so hot!! :unsure:

But you ain`t complaining yet mate :)

Hope works picks up and you`re there next year for another Christmas bonus :tumbsup:

• My Little Pony
Bone-us?

Neeeeeeever heard of it.

-Dan

Yeah, it sounds all sorts of wrong. Never had one and I hope I never do.

I got a bonus and an extra day's holiday (Jan 2nd)

Nice one mate, all the British employers seem generous except mine :lol:

I certainly landed on my feet when I joined. We get a bonus in the summer as well :tumbsup:

Don`t rub it in mate :lol:

• 11 months later...

Yeah, always been very grateful for it, no doubt.

HAHA!!! Man did this come back to bite me on the ass.

In 2009 we get:

No bonus whatsoever

No minimum required annual pay rise

No christmas party!!!

Yeah, I'm grateful I have a job... but I will be bankrupt in 2010. :lol: