Christmas Gift or Bonus from Work

Faron

One thing that annoys me about where I work is the Christmas gesture from the company!

This year we had a food hamper which had some really nice things in but was just a bag with chocs, biscuits, wine etc.

Previous years we`ve had a wines and spirits voucher for £12. :angry:

Other times we`ve had a bottle whiskey and wine. :(

I don`t mean to sound ungrateful but the company I work for is a world class company and tight as hell. :(

Some friends of mine have had anything from £100 - £500 christmas bonus. :)

How have you lot fared with your employers christmas gifts/bonuses, gestures? :unsure:

This "Christmas Bonus" you speak of... what is it? :blink:

This place is so tight that I'd be happy with an enrollment in the "Jelly of the Month Club." :lol:

We tried to do right by our people this year and gave each of them a $200 gift card, even in the face of uncertain economical futures... they will also receive a yearly bonus after Christmas, but we wanted to give them a little something extra to kick in the holidays... 'cause we're nice like that. :)

My company's bonus schedule varies from person to person......with our labor workforce who have been with the company for over a year, they receive a week's pay. This equates to about $700 to $1000 for those guys. And that varies depending on how long you've been with the company.

Our superintendents usually receive from $2500 to $20000 each.

Our office employees vary....for example....the receptionist usually gets at least a week's pay...and depending on the tenure it will increase a week's pay for about every three years worked.

Other office personnel range from $1500 to $30000 or so......

After that it's classified......LOL

This place is so tight that I'd be happy with an enrollment in the "Jelly of the Month Club." :lol:

Same here...unless your a bigwig, so a big :2up: to all the

tight assed companies who are cheap...

Not expecting one but I'm already happy 'coz I just got out of 3-months probation and was made a permanent/regular employee :bananamac: . That's enough for me. But last Saturday on our X-Mas Party, I won (for a $20 ticket) in our raffle a Photo Printer and a $50 gift certificate!

My wife got a coupon for a big ass ham from her company.

It's my first year at this job so I still have no idea what I'll get (if anything).

My wife got a coupon for a big ass ham from her company.

MMMMmmmmmm... hammmmm... (gurgle gurgle) :homer:

You've got to be joking.......the Xmas tradition with my company has always been year end layoffs and they didn't disappoint again this year.......... :2up: to the bastards....

We always expect that too but hopefuly this year we will be left alone :unsure:

We tried to do right by our people this year and gave each of them a $200 gift card, even in the face of uncertain economical futures... they will also receive a yearly bonus after Christmas, but we wanted to give them a little something extra to kick in the holidays... 'cause we're nice like that. :)

Any jobs going? :tumbsup:

My company's bonus schedule varies from person to person......with our labor workforce who have been with the company for over a year, they receive a week's pay. This equates to about $700 to $1000 for those guys. And that varies depending on how long you've been with the company.

Our superintendents usually receive from $2500 to $20000 each.

Our office employees vary....for example....the receptionist usually gets at least a week's pay...and depending on the tenure it will increase a week's pay for about every three years worked.

Other office personnel range from $1500 to $30000 or so......

After that it's classified......LOL

That`s pissed me off even more :lol:

Same here...unless your a bigwig, so a big :2up: to all the

tight assed companies who are cheap...

Hear Hear

Not expecting one but I'm already happy 'coz I just got out of 3-months probation and was made a permanent/regular employee :bananamac: . That's enough for me. But last Saturday on our X-Mas Party, I won (for a $20 ticket) in our raffle a Photo Printer and a $50 gift certificate!

Well done mate, the most I`ll probably win is a free bottle of cheap wine :lol:

I get £100 extra in my pay packet, which helps out over Christmas. :tumbsup:

Very nice Jez, that`s more like what I`d expect to get :)

Wow, I almost feel bad for typing this, but not really, because of how little it impacts me.

I technically got an au$5000 bonus, but after tax it's about $3000. I know, I know, sounds like heaven. But it paid off about 1/3 of my credit card bill and obviously didn't take a cent off my bank account overdraught, so in the end, it did absolutely 0 for me. I don't mean to sound greedy, but after the year we've had and my doing 2 jobs for 3 months I was expecting at least double that. Guess that's why my balls have the huge 'KICK ME!' sign on them.

For the record, that bonus is quite low within our company. All the plebs that have been here 3 years or more (like me) get that, most others get a lot more.

Wow, I almost feel bad for typing this, but not really, because of how little it impacts me.

I technically got an au$5000 bonus, but after tax it's about $3000. I know, I know, sounds like heaven. But it paid off about 1/3 of my credit card bill and obviously didn't take a cent off my bank account overdraught, so in the end, it did absolutely 0 for me. I don't mean to sound greedy, but after the year we've had and my doing 2 jobs for 3 months I was expecting at least double that. Guess that's why my balls have the huge 'KICK ME!' sign on them.

For the record, that bonus is quite low within our company. All the plebs that have been here 3 years or more (like me) get that, most others get a lot more.

Sounds nice Geoff, money is never enough :tumbsup:

Sounds nice Geoff, money is never enough :tumbsup:

Backed, my friend. :(

$3000 - WOW most would be well happy with that, for whatever bill it pays off. I thought the idea of a bonus was to give a little extra something at the end of the year as a thankyou, and surely not somethging that should be expected! by anyone!

$3000 - WOW most would be well happy with that, for whatever bill it pays off. I thought the idea of a bonus was to give a little extra something at the end of the year as a thankyou, and surely not somethging that should be expected! by anyone!

I've worked here about 4 years now and I got almost that amount in my first year, when I was not technically entitled to any. We had a "really bad year" and I got that same amount. As I said, I am very grateful, but I did a lot more this year (working two full time jobs for over 3 months) and based on what I know other people were getting for extra work, I did expect more.

We'd be idiots not to expect it, as it is part of the package we receive as an employee, from the outset. ;)