What does Jack Daniels cost in your part of the world?

glam_junkie

Just as a comparsion, I want to know what it costs for a standard bottle of Jack Daniels on your part of the world.

Here in Adelaide, South Australia you'd be lucky to find a 700ml bottle for $AUD38 ($US32). And that's a special. Normal price at the moment would be $42 ($US36).

Compared to what our aussie dollar was 18months back, why the hell are we paying this much? Are we being ripped off?

Just buy beer, mate.

a reasonable carton of beer is still $35. Sure it goes further.

Maybe with summer coming up in be in the mood for a few beers.

Titan Premium Lager for $29.95 is what I'm on at the moment.

I also bought a bunch of random cases in a recent Woolies sale, all under $30. Pretty much if I ever see a case under $30 it's mine. Best recent find was 2 cases of Baron Lager (Beautiful beer) for $20 each. Only 4 left and my brother and I got 2 each.

Anyway, long story short... if you look around you can usually find a good case under $30. Ottingers are $29.95 and great value, good taste imo.

But with regard to your original post, have you seen how much VB and Tooheys New are these days??? Both over $35. Bloody ridiculous as I'm not a huge fan of either.

Just buy beer, mate.

a reasonable carton of beer is still $35. Sure it goes further.

Maybe with summer coming up in be in the mood for a few beers.

Titan Premium Lager for $29.95 is what I'm on at the moment.

I also bought a bunch of random cases in a recent Woolies sale, all under $30. Pretty much if I ever see a case under $30 it's mine. Best recent find was 2 cases of Baron Lager (Beautiful beer) for $20 each. Only 4 left and my brother and I got 2 each.

Anyway, long story short... if you look around you can usually find a good case under $30. Ottingers are $29.95 and great value, good taste imo.

But with regard to your original post, have you seen how much VB and Tooheys New are these days??? Both over $35. Bloody ridiculous as I'm not a huge fan of either.

A few obscure brands there that i've never heard of. Once it get's abck to beer weather I'll give some of them a go if I see 'em around... but during the cold months it's bourbon.

I used to just grab a carton of pre-mixed cans for $40-$50, but since the 70% tax increase on RTD's, it's now difficult to find a carton of anything reasonable for under $60. Back to the bottles!

I'm more of a beer man these days. My tastes are fairly uninteresting - Toohey's New or XXXX Gold cus they're cheap and taste good. Yes that's right XXXX Gold, there is someone out there that still drinks that stuff.

As far a spirits go, I've always been a Bourbon man, usually Jack Daniels. I guess AU$36-$40 is about average here in Brisbane. But have you bought a JD+Coke at a pub recently - most are charging $8 for a glass.

But yeah, guys I'm keen to know what people are paying for a bottle of JD in the US? Any cheaper?

I thought Aussies drink only Fosters :beerbang:

I've never met one that does. Seriously.

Fahrenheit, my father-in-law loves XXXX Gold. Not a bad drop if I'm there, but at only 3.5% doesn't get a look-in at my house. ;)

...last time i bought a bottle it was way too damn much-even here in the US.

Yeah that stuff is way too much for this poor boy to afford. I'll go with Lord Calvert if I ever need whiskey.

Taxes on booze are outrageous here in Canada as well. Politicians are always raising the so called 'sin taxes' and justify it by saying that alcohol & cigarettes are bad for you so they are doing us a favor by making them less accessible...... :yikes: ...the cocksuckers should be taken out and :brutal_36::sm164::bigboom: ............ :angry: ..........

We pay about twice as much for rum/whiskey here as they do in the U.S. and sales don't happen here because alcohol/beer is tightly controlled by the government......the bastards!!! :flame:

Our dollar has gone from 63 cents to almost par with the U.S. buck and have prices dropped??? FUCK NO!!! :cussing::angryfire:

Taxes on booze are outrageous here in Canada as well. Politicians are always raising the so called 'sin taxes' and justify it by saying that alcohol & cigarettes are bad for you so they are doing us a favor by making them less accessible...... :yikes: ...the cocksuckers should be taken out and :brutal_36::sm164::bigboom: ............ :angry: ..........

We pay about twice as much for rum/whiskey here as they do in the U.S. and sales don't happen here because alcohol/beer is tightly controlled by the government......the bastards!!! :flame:

Our dollar has gone from 63 cents to almost par with the U.S. buck and have prices dropped??? FUCK NO!!! :cussing::angryfire:

By the way you can check the prices we pay and the pathetic quantity/quality available here....

http://www.lcbo.com/main/en.shtml

Jack D is about £18 for a 70cl bottle over here, which is approx $Aud39. Nice drink, but I don't drink much of it personally.

I hear ya! We are not allowed to have any fun and are taxed to death if we do. We also have way less vacation time than any European country and our health system is going down the drain. BTW, we have another Federal election next month and I don't give a shit about it. At least our governement doesn't have to save our failing economy like our brothers to the South.

If you smoke a carton and drink a 2/4 a week, you can expect to cough up about 100$.

Jack D is about £18 for a 70cl bottle over here, which is approx $Aud39. Nice drink, but I don't drink much of it personally.

If I'm being completely honest, a friend gave me a bottle of Jim Beam for Christmas about 2 years and I still have half of it left. Same with Wild Turkey (which I actually prefer). I have them around the place and have a drink every now and then, but really hardly ever. Beer's the only drink for this Aussie battler.

If I'm being completely honest, a friend gave me a bottle of Jim Beam for Christmas about 2 years and I still have half of it left. Same with Wild Turkey (which I actually prefer). I have them around the place and have a drink every now and then, but really hardly ever. Beer's the only drink for this Aussie battler.

Yes, Wild Turkey definiteyl > Jim Beam, but $Wild Turkey also > Jim Beam.

Turkey sits around the same price as Jacks, whilst Beam (white) is a good $7-8 less.

Geoff, next time i'm in town I'll pop around and knock off that remaining half bottle.

im in Kansas (USA) and its usually a bit lower here, around $29. i guess its cheaper cuz they know Kansas sucks and not much to do here, so we drink ourselves to sleep cheaper!! ha

my choice drink is a top shelf single malt scotch or an XO cognac or a smooth deep red wine for winter

then for summer its the ice cold beer like sam adams, killians red,bud light lime or a 'two pull' micro brew.

damn...thanks guys...now i gotta go get a fix!! :drink: