• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn Pete! Save some points for the rest of us! :blink:

Holy wow! How the hell did that happen? :unsure:

Brian Westbrook. :tumbsup:

The guy was unstoppable!

Plus Pete had Romo and Chris Johnson have huge days as well.

The titans defense got me 20 points yesterday. :banana:

One of my receivers got me 7 points last night...that's almost as much as all three receivers get me on any given weekend! :tumbsup:

One of my receivers got me 7 points last night...that's almost as much as all three receivers get me on any given weekend! :tumbsup:

I know how that goes since my receivers suck ass.

When you can't count on Tory Holt or Chad Johnson then I just don't know what to do. :doh:

Of couse as stated in this thread before Willis McGahee just kills me every week.

If I don't play him he scores a bunch of points and if I do play him he gets 8 yards on 7 carries. :2up:

I'm not sure how everyone else feels about the subject, but next year I would love to see the third receiver slot changed to a receiver/running back flex position.

I'm not sure how everyone else feels about the subject, but next year I would love to see the third receiver slot changed to a receiver/running back flex position.

Backed. But it would of helped this year since my running backs sucked as bad as my recievers. :doh:

Come to think of it I don't know where I'd be if it wasn't for the Titans defense and depending on the week Aaron Rodgers at QB.

Agreed Rick. I had a league like that too. It makes things much more flexible.

(If I set up, someone remind me once I set the league and more than likely, already mess it up and forget that. lol)

(I also had a league that had individual defensive players too. I think it was Yahoo, but not sure. I'd be up for that too.)

Absolutely! This is the only league where I've not seen it used. Ahh well, this will be my last year for HH league anyway so whatever is decided, more power to ya ;)

I can give you a perfect example of why I have no intentions of doing this again next year. You have people fighting for playoffs this week and people (who shall remain nameless) either not starting a line up at all or even worse...taking most of your line up out today just so others can win. Boy that's fun...

Even worse, the commish has to take responsibility for it to a certain degree. If you let it happen it's not fair to everyone else who has particapted all year & played fair. but that's been the story of the year....

I can give you a perfect example of why I have no intentions of doing this again next year. You have people fighting for playoffs this week and people (who shall remain nameless) either not starting a line up at all or even worse...taking most of your line up out today just so others can win. Boy that's fun...

Even worse, the commish has to take responsability for it to a certain degree. If you let it happen it's not fair to everyone else who has particapted all year & played fair. but that's been the story of the year....

Hey Jarred I'm not trying to start any shit and I haven't paid attention to who is starting who so can you tell me who you are talking about? If you wanna talk in PM that is fine with me. :drink:

Even worse, the commish has to take responsability for it to a certain degree. If you let it happen it's not fair to everyone else who has particapted all year & played fair. but that's been the story of the year....

Hey Jarred I'm not trying to start any shit and I haven't paid attention to who is starting who so can you tell me who you are talking about? If you wanna talk in PM that is fine with me. :drink:

You got it...

And this is why I won't be commissioner next year. I just set the damn league up. That's it. The only thing I said all year long was "Hey, let's just play ball."

But, lo and behold, even though I don't do any trash talking, even though I set a lineup every week, even though I try my best, I still get slammed.

So, I'll let someone else set it up. I saw it and tried to be on the ball. I'm not some iron-fisted ruler. I don't get off on some power trip. I certainly don't want to have to deal with this petulance. I just like fantasy sports. (At least when I'm winning. lol)

So, to everyone playing fantasy football, I'm sorry I've ruined your experience this year.

Good luck to whoever sets this up next year. (I promise, though, I won't be the one making any waves.)

And this is why I won't be commissioner next year. I just set the damn league up. That's it. The only thing I said all year long was "Hey, let's just play ball."

But, lo and behold, even though I don't do any trash talking, even though I set a lineup every week, even though I try my best, I still get slammed.

So, I'll let someone else set it up. I saw it and tried to be on the ball. I'm not some iron-fisted ruler. I don't get off on some power trip. I certainly don't want to have to deal with this petulance. I just like fantasy sports. (At least when I'm winning. lol)

So, to everyone playing fantasy football, I'm sorry I've ruined your experience this year.

Good luck to whoever sets this up next year. (I promise, though, I won't be the one making any waves.)

Being a commish of the league means you have responsibily, not just setting it up and letting it go. It's not fun like this nor is it fair. Feel free to commish next year...I won't be there anyway.

Being a commish of the league means you have responsibily, not just setting it up and letting it go. It's not fun like this nor is it fair. Feel free to commish next year...I won't be there anyway.

I've got too many teams, in too many sports, to be THAT commissioner. In MOST leagues, it's not necessary to even worry about this type of shit. Hence the reason I won't be commissioner next year. I never even check anyone, other than maybe my opponent, so I'd have no clue who's doing what.

Again, my apologies. I'm doing right by myself/my team. I'm sorry that I'm not able (or caring) to police every single ADULT that decides to play, whether they decide to behave like an adult or not.

If you guys vote it so, I'll gladly hand over the reigns to someone who has the desire/need to do this the "right" way.

I've got too many teams, in too many sports, to be THAT commissioner. In MOST leagues, it's not necessary to even worry about this type of shit. Hence the reason I won't be commissioner next year. I never even check anyone, other than maybe my opponent, so I'd have no clue who's doing what.

Again, my apologies. I'm doing right by myself/my team. I'm sorry that I'm not able (or caring) to police every single ADULT that decides to play, whether they decide to behave like an adult or not.

If you guys vote it so, I'll gladly hand over the reigns to someone who has the desire/need to do this the "right" way.

I understand that but THAT is what a commishioner does. Did you also not notice the verbal crap starting up again from Denny after you had asked for it to stop? I respected your request but he has not...is that because you guys are buds? It's not right either....

With only one WR starting and no RB's this has to be a mistake and something should be done about this.

It might not make a difference but surely some of these players can be inserted.

Here's is Steel Curtain's team for this week:

Donovan McNabb

(Phi - QB) Ari W, 48-20 30

WR Reggie Wayne

(Ind - WR) @Cle W, 10-6 0

WR --empty-- 0

WR --empty-- 0

RB --empty-- 0

RB --empty-- 0

TE Jason Witten

(Dal - TE) P Sea W, 34-9 11

BN Hines Ward

(Pit - WR) @NE W, 33-10 0

BN Kevin Walter

(Hou - WR) Jac Mon

6:30 pm 0

BN Steve Slaton

(Hou - RB) P Jac Mon

BN Adrian Peterson

(Min - RB) Chi Q1 5:44, 0-7 0

BN David Garrard

(Jac - QB) P @Hou Mon

BN Antwaan Randle El

(Was - WR) NYG L, 23-7 0

BN Reggie Bush

(NO - RB) Q @TB L, 23-20 0

BN Zach Miller

(Oak - TE) Q KC L, 20-13 0

BN Joshua Cribbs

(Cle - WR) Ind L, 10-6 0

Adrian Peterson, Steve Slaton and Hines Ward on the bench has to be some type of mistake. :unsure:

With only one WR starting and no RB's this has to be a mistake and something should be done about this.

It might not make a difference but surely some of these players can be inserted.

Donovan McNabb

WR Reggie Wayne

WR --empty-- 0

WR --empty-- 0

RB --empty-- 0

RB --empty-- 0

TE Jason Witten

BN Hines Ward

BN Kevin Walter

(Hou - WR) Jac Mon

BN Steve Slaton

(Hou - RB) P Jac Mon

BN Adrian Peterson

BN David Garrard

(Jac - QB) P @Hou Mon

BN Antwaan Randle El

(Was - WR) NYG L, 23-7 0

BN Reggie Bush

BN Zach Miller

BN Joshua Cribbs

(Cle - WR) Ind L, 10-6 0

Adrian Peterson, Steve Slaton and Hines Ward on the bench has to be some type of mistake. :unsure:

No, no mistake...these people were starting this morning before the games. It was done intentional which is my issues. Check Denny's team also....80% of the team benched in the middle of the week. It's all bullshit...

Donovan McNabb

WR Reggie Wayne

WR --empty-- 0

WR --empty-- 0

RB --empty-- 0

RB --empty-- 0

TE Jason Witten

BN Hines Ward

BN Kevin Walter

(Hou - WR) Jac Mon

BN Steve Slaton

(Hou - RB) P Jac Mon

BN Adrian Peterson

BN David Garrard

(Jac - QB) P @Hou Mon

BN Antwaan Randle El

(Was - WR) NYG L, 23-7 0

BN Reggie Bush

BN Zach Miller

BN Joshua Cribbs

(Cle - WR) Ind L, 10-6 0

No, no mistake...these people were starting this morning before the games. It was done intentional which is my issues. Check Denny's team also....80% of the team benched in the middle of the week. It's all bullshit...

These people were starting this morning?

Surely this is some kind of problem with yahoo, I mean why would someone cheat to help others win?

That's just bullshit IMO.

I don't care how far I'm out of it I still want to win. I might kid around about giving up but I'd still want to win.

Hopefully these players will be inserted into the lineup and all will be corrected.

I'm sure Jay can do that to fix this problem.

Donovan McNabb

WR Reggie Wayne

WR --empty-- 0

WR --empty-- 0

RB --empty-- 0

RB --empty-- 0

TE Jason Witten

BN Hines Ward

BN Kevin Walter

(Hou - WR) Jac Mon

BN Steve Slaton

(Hou - RB) P Jac Mon

BN Adrian Peterson

BN David Garrard

(Jac - QB) P @Hou Mon

BN Antwaan Randle El

(Was - WR) NYG L, 23-7 0

BN Reggie Bush

BN Zach Miller

BN Joshua Cribbs

(Cle - WR) Ind L, 10-6 0

These people were starting this morning?

Surely this is some kind of problem with yahoo, I mean why would someone cheat to help others win?

That's just bullshit IMO.

I don't care how far I'm out of it I still want to win. I might kid around about giving up but I'd still want to win.

Hopefully these players will be inserted into the lineup and all will be corrected.

I'm sure Jay can do that to fix this problem.

I understand you are trying to stay in the middle and not be a dick but that's why I'm here :)

Jay has no interest in fixing it as he basically said above. It cannot be fixed unfortunately for this week but he could pretend to be the commishioner next week and monitor it.

I didn't say I have no interest in fixing it. I have no interest in monitoring it. I have too many teams to be checking other people's lineups.

I guess I shouldn't go on the assumption that everyone playing can just play football.

I still don't give a shit to fix anything, but we'll do it this way, so people can all rest easy: if you see this, whether you respond or not, have your lineup set by Thursday morning. If you have any positions not filled, when I get home from work, I'll fix anything.

(I'm not bothering checking this BS either; I'm so fucking pissed I even have to do this! So, for those that notice your opponent is not set or if you have the time to check up on everyone, let me know on Thursday and I'll take the couple minutes to fix it.)

And no, I didn't see any trash talking other than a few name changes in the stats column. (I DON'T CHECK THAT STUFF! I don't ever even recall using it either. If I did, it certainly wasn't trash talk.) I will go in and look and see if I can lock it up so NO ONE can talk ANYTHING. If not, I ask ALL individuals to not change anymore team names and not use trash talk. And then THIS can become the NFL II ("No Fun League").

Now can we DROP this shit?

Seriously, I'm not doing the commissioner stuff anymore. It's just not worth it. It shouldn't be THIS difficult. :doh:

I didn't say I have no interest in fixing it.

I still don't give a shit to fix anything

Isn't this contradicting yourself? You don't really need to monitor everyone...you should however freeze the two culprits and set their line up for them. Since their records suck, you only need to do it for next week.

Your call though commish...