Retrospect Records - April 30, 2008

heavyharmonies

RETROSPECT RECORDS PRESS RELEASE MAY 2008

Retrospect Records has been working overtime to bring out some lost treasures of 80’s rock, AOR and metal for you to discover!! In particular we are now expanding our AOR and pomp catalog with a buffet of vinyl nuggets most seeing the CD format for the first time ever.

Retrospect continues to dominate the world's re-issue market by announcing the following signings and upcoming releases:

ALIBI - S/T – Connecticut based Melodic Hard Rock / Metal band featuring one of the best vocalists on the East Coast. Originally released in 1991/92 on cassette, finally gets a CD remaster and release.

TREXEL - BALANCE OF POWER – Excellent Melodic Rock / AOR with progressive touches featuring talented guitarist / vocalist / songwriter Ben Trexel who has since released a slew of guitar instrumental albums. Originally recorded in 1991.

BOOT CAMP - FINAL DRILL – Here it is! The Boot Camp recordings all on one disc! Classic 80’s pomp / AOR band from Baltimore featuring lead vocalist / bassist Tim Camp. Includes bonus tracks!!

SHYANNE - S/T - Mega obscure collectors melodic pomp rock / AOR album from 1982 finally gets a CD release. Digitally remastered.

NAKED CITY - CRAWLIN' - Las Vegas based melodic hard rock / AOR band with a progressive edge. Recorded in 1994 and this re-issue includes 2 killer bonus tracks! Produced by Brett Hansen of Limousine / Fingerprint fame.

LIFER - S/T – Yet another mega rare album on many collectors want lists now gets a CD issue. Lifer was an incredible pomp rock / AOR band from Indiana. Originally released in 1980.

CINEMA - BREAK THE SILENCE – Mega obscure New York based AOR band gets its first ever CD release. Originally released in 1986 – this reissue will also include many unreleased bonus tracks!!

BOMBAY - S/T - Another classic melodic rock / AOR gem from Rick Fowler (ex Fortnox, ex Ziggurat) and company. First time ever on CD.

TERRY GANN - IF YOU'RE LISTENING (CD + BONUS DVD) - Excellent Melodic Rock / AOR produced and partly performed by Shooting Star's Van McLain. Terry had a brush with fame in the mid-80s with MTV's basement tapes video contest. All his video's and a live performance are included on the bonus DVD. Digitally remastered.

CHINA WATCH - THAT WAS THEN - Melodic Pop/Rock/AOR band from Portland, Oregon have recently recorded many of their 80’s original songs. Featuring Portland mainstay guitar hero Rick Galarneau aka Ricky G.

BRIAN JACK - PROMISE OF LOVE - Collaboration of Childs Play singer and Boot Camp's Tim Camp finally gets a re-issue. Top notch classy AOR.

DC STAR - ROCKIN' IN THE CLASSROOM - (1986) Finally a cd release from this highly underrated Melodic Hard Rock act. Features bonus tracks from their collectible picture disc EP!!

PAIR-A-DICE – Fantastic late 80’s Hair Metal sunset strip band fronted by Paul Lancia.

FX In Motion (1987) and In The Sky (1992) – Retrospect has now inked a deal with this excellent slightly progressive-tinged Melodic Rock / HI-Tech AOR band from Santa Cruz, CA and will be carrying both of their excellent releases layered with lush keyboards.

MAGUIRE – Bay-area melodic heartland rock / AOR featuring the late Jim Maguire finally gets a CD release!! Also features Brett Bloomfield and Pat Mosca.

LIGHTYEARS – Fantastic Washington-based female-fronted Melodic Rock / AOR. These recordings from the mid 80s and have never before seen the light of day until now! Wait til you hear these incredible tracks!!

VICTORY GROUP – TOMORROW – Yet another impressive obscure Canadian AOR band that are borderline Hi-Tech finally get a CD issue. Originally released in 1982.

PYRAMID – Popular Philadelphia melodic hard rock / hair metal band have 2 albums lined up to be released by Retrospect. First time ever on CD, recorded in 1989 and 1991, this band simply rocks!!

DENNIS LIND - 1996 - If you are a fan of the voice of "Mariah" then you'll definitely need this in the collection. Solo release from the coveted vocalist of Mariah / Pretty Boy!!

CHAMPION – Halfway To Heaven – Coveted independent AOR 1986 release from Ohio-based band. You won’t want to miss this gem from the vaults!!

VFX - S/T - REMASTERED w/BONUS TRACK

& VFX - THE NEXT STEP – That’s right, both classic VFX albums will now be carried by Retrospect including an unreleased bonus track or 2. Melodic Rock / AOR at its finest.

SAVVY - MADE IN TEXAS – Classic Texas melodic rock / AOR album from the early 80’s FINALLY sees the light of day on CD!! Many have been waiting for this!!

CORNERSTONE – foundation – Rare Westcoast AOR gem from 1989.

WORLD WAR III – Classic 80’s melodic metal release from 1986.

INSANIA - (TBA - 1989-1993) - Chicago-based Melodic Hard Rock that recorded a plethora of songs back in the day. Looks like Retrospect will be releasing 2 albums of unearthed tracks from these extremely talented individuals. Wait til you hear the vocalist on these songs!

TYGER TYGER II - 1995 - Follow-up to their debut 1992 release - first time ever on cd. Progressive Metal.

INTRINSIC - 1988 - Classic U.S. Power Metal

M-80 - 1984-1986 - All of M-80s recordings on one cd. Featuring Niki Buzz of Vendetta. Another killer slab of American melodic hard rock.

VENDETTA - 1982 - An album that many have waited for finally gets its first cd release. Detroit-based Melodic Hard Rock band that MUST be heard!

QUICK - (1986) - If you liked the Dreamstreet and Sharx releases then check out this AOR treasure! Features members of Defcon, Dreamstreet and Zaza. First time EVER on cd!

KELLEY’S HEROES – 1992 – Hard hitting sunset strip hair metal band similar to Skid Row.

CHEQUERED PAST - epic proportions – Transitional 80s/90s band from Southern California made this great album in 1996. Retrospect will now carry this CD featuring blazing guitars by Michael Creamer and the stellar pipes of Tom Holmes.

ZIGGURAT – SELF TITLED (1979) AND MELODIC SCANDAL (1982) – That’s right folks, this excellent Atlanta-based pomp-ish melodic rock / AOR band’s albums finally get a long awaited release on CD format. Melodic Scandal was produced by Eddie Offord!! Brace yourselves!

ORPHANN – Don’t Say No (1980) – Classic Melodic Rock / AOR Gem from this band from Kansas finally gets an official CD release with unreleased bonus tracks!!

PROBLEM CHILD s/t (1985) – Excellent Baltimore melodic hard rock / hair metal band led by Ronny Ecker released this mega rare album in 1985 and its finally getting a CD release – plus a slew of unreleased material for a 2nd album!!

HAVEN – Early 90’s Connecticut-based melodic hard rock band fronted by powerhouse female vocalist Rose Coppola.

MICHAEL FURLONG – Use It Or Lose It (1984) & Breakaway (1986). Both Furlong albums have finally made their way to CD!! Melodic hard rock / AOR at its finest!!

GINGER ROXX – Caught In The Act (1989). First time CD issue of this melodic hard rock / hair metal band from Cleveland featuring members of Fragile and Fashion Police.

GRAVEN IMAGE – Early 90’s melodic metal band from Salt Lake City.

THE JACKS – Awesome independent mid 80’s AOR band from Nebraska. First time ever on CD.

SPLIT IMAGE – Sign Of Aggression (1994) – 80’s style hair metal from Florida.

MASS – Voices In The Night (1988) & Take You Home (1986) – Much needed re-issue of these lost gems. Voices was produced by Michael Sweet of Stryper.

PROBLEM CHILD - Smashin Time (1994) - Collectors of 80s Melodic Hard Rock are falling over themselves trying to get a copy of this killer slice of Melodic Hard Rock and now it finally gets the re-issue treatment it deserves with a new look. An essential addition to the Hard Rock collection!

MARIAH self-titled (1990) - FINALLY digitally remastered and now with an extra bonus track.

Also right around the corner:

THE GENTS

BUXX - KNICKERS DOWN

ALLIANCE - 2ND UNRELEASED ALBUM!!

Please keep your eye on www.retrospectrecords.com and this website for release dates...

I almost had to laugh when I went to Youtube about a week or so ago and saw a killer...and I mean KILLER band called Pyramid. So, I inquired on the boards here about them, knowing there are some peeps from the Philly/Jersey area where they played.....

I then go to the person who put up the videos on Youtube and asked them about the band....and she tells me that they signed with Retrospect Records. I mean, c'mon damnit....you're beating me to the punch now Sam!!! LOL

Anyway.....I'm pretty excited about those Pyramid releases! If any of you guys get the chance, go to Youtube and do a search for them.....you won't be disappointed!!! Especially you fans of Dokken...heavier hard rock bordering on metal....

Not to take away from my brother Sam but i am actually playing a huge role now in the Retrospect label and i am responsible for most of those signings / releases! And thanks to LVKIX (Dave) for hooking me up with several of those bands. You rock dude, and keep em coming!!

I am so excited about all these releases and the bands are over the moon. I can't believe how rewarding this all is.

I would be very interested in getting some feedback about these releases once they are out there.

Rockin Regards to all!

Aaron

the Recordjnky

Sam mentioned to me the following bands that we will see future releases that were not on the list

Siin

Gynger Lynn

Harlow-Glam band

Staxx-S/T

Rock n Roll 80's style!!!!

Hello all , sorry I haven't been around , just dealing with many many things here on the home front. Between some personal issues , Rocklahoma , new signings , and all the new distribution channels that have opened up - this has become a full-time gig which I am so proud to be a part of.

Siin , Staxx s/t and Harlow are all definitely still on the cards.

I thank everyone whole-heartedly for supporting the label , the bands , and hopefully the Rocklahoma festival which will be a phenomenal time for all.

:banger:

Looking forward especially to the 2 Michael Furlong discs as well as the Buxx 'Knickers Down' which is also excellent. Any date on these Sam?

Since Pair-A-Dice is on Retrospect does that mean we will see a re-release of Lancia? I've been listening to some mp3's of that band and they're spectacular. I also would like to say that I'm very much appreciative of Retrospect being at Rocklahoma. I can't wait to hang out with Oney and Nasty Nasty. Sometimes it pays to be a fan :).

Sam mentioned to me the following bands that we will see future releases that were not on the list

Siin

Gynger Lynn

Harlow-Glam band

Staxx-S/T

Rock n Roll 80's style!!!!

Hello all , sorry I haven't been around , just dealing with many many things here on the home front. Between some personal issues , Rocklahoma , new signings , and all the new distribution channels that have opened up - this has become a full-time gig which I am so proud to be a part of.

Siin , Staxx s/t and Harlow are all definitely still on the cards.

I thank everyone whole-heartedly for supporting the label , the bands , and hopefully the Rocklahoma festival which will be a phenomenal time for all.

:banger:

Hey Sam

You mentioned Harlow, Staxx and Siin...What about the Gynger Lynn release or signing??

I talke dto the guys of Gynger Lynn and they said there will be a release of their material on Retrospect Records.

Also any word on the Kings Chamber release???

Cheerz!!

AWESOME!!!

Especially the great Cinema release. Can't wait to hear those bonus tracks!

...and an unreleased Alliance CD! How could I miss that? Looks like I will be broke after my next Retrospect order... :) Will all these gems be available already in June?

AWESOME!!!

Especially the great Cinema release. Can't wait to hear those bonus tracks!

...and an unreleased Alliance CD! How could I miss that? Looks like I will be broke after my next Retrospect order... :) Will all these gems be available already in June?

hi Kim,

yes most, if not all, will be available by June!

thanks for the support!

Sam

Guest tulpa

Don't forget to check out LYDIAN SEA. I ended up getting these Retrospect releases and I can't believe that they were never signed. This stuff is really incredible. I prefer Invisible Reign over Portraits of Thought but both CD's are amazing!!! Anyone else get a chance to pick up these CD's?

I posted before but no one posted back on what they thought of this band. Not sure why except they may be too progressive for some of you.

ROCK ON!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any further word when these are actually available on the RR website?

cheers

Some of these are now available.

releases just in...

Pyramid

Shyanne

Naked City

Victory Group

Bombay

Bootcamp

Pair-a-dice

Trexel

Some are not on the website yet. ALL are silver-pressed.

Many many more due in very soon. Please note that 95% of the catalog is now silver-pressed or will be shortly.

Cheers! Official press release coming soon including a VERY VERY cool new signing.

Retrospect Records is averaging a signing rate of 3 a week at this point.

ROCK ON!

Damn.... The Bootcamp is out already? That's one I need for sure.

Really like the Pair A Dice release. As far as i am concerned, it's better then the Lancia release.

Just noticed the Pyramid release too... I think alot of people will be interested in that one.

releases just in...

Pyramid

Shyanne

Naked City

Victory Group

Bombay

Bootcamp

Pair-a-dice

Trexel

Some are not on the website yet. ALL are silver-pressed.

Many many more due in very soon. Please note that 95% of the catalog is now silver-pressed or will be shortly.

Cheers! Official press release coming soon including a VERY VERY cool new signing.

Retrospect Records is averaging a signing rate of 3 a week at this point.

ROCK ON!

I reckon the website need some sort of genre search function... ie metal, aor, melodic, glam...ect.

(Not to say that a band cant come under 2 or more categories, but it makes it easier when searching)