AFL and Rugby League

Dave

I think it is time for us Aussies to have our footy thread going and I have thrown in the NRL for the sake of our Sydney sider Geoff who is still coming to terms with the premiership cup heading South to Victoria.

If there is anyone who gives a flying fuck about our new soccer competition {I don't even know what it is called :whistle: , feel free to have input on that.....{but not to much :lol: }.

I also know a fair bit of negative input will come from our English friends in retaliation to some input that makes its way into their soccer thread :lol:

Now to start this off, Richmond {My side} who finished bottom of the table last year, played Carlton, who finished second bottom last year, in the opening game of the season and Carlton were the hot favourites to win due to all the draft picks the poofters got this year and half way through the game it looked like that was what was going to happen, but not to be :bananamac: ....We come home with a wet sail and kicked their rudy pooh candy arses.

So that means we are on top of the table {only because no one else has played yet} and we Richmond supporters must celebrate as much and as quickly as we can because make no mistake, we are the Luton Town of the AFL :lol:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my NRL tipping competition this week I got 1 from 8. Not f*cking happy, plus the Eels got creamed over in New Zealand.

Hey Dave, how'd those mighty premiership winning Melbourne guys go against the Sharks? :lol:

Have the Swans played their first game yet? I didn't notice a result anywhere.

In my NRL tipping competition this week I got 1 from 8. Not f*cking happy, plus the Eels got creamed over in New Zealand.

Hey Dave, how'd those mighty premiership winning Melbourne guys go against the Sharks? :lol:

Yeah, it was intersting to hear that it is the first time in about 30 odd games that Melbourne has lost at home.

Some great punches thrown though :lol:

Now to the Swans, they were absolutely shocking against the Saints and even though they only lost by a small margin, the game itself was a shocker to watch.

Now just to mention my mighty Tigers, we are third on the ladder at the moment so I have to celebrate and crap on about them as much as I can because we wont be there for long. :lol:

good to see the crows go down in a close one... again!

And they had the chance to win it with the last kick of the day..... It was a pretty good finish.

Yeah, it was intersting to hear that it is the first time in about 30 odd games that Melbourne has lost at home.

Now to the Swans, they were absolutely shocking against the Saints and even though they only lost by a small margin, the game itself was a shocker to watch.

Now just to mention my mighty Tigers, we are third on the ladder at the moment so I have to celebrate and crap on about them as much as I can because we wont be there for long. :lol:

Which Tigers? The NRL Tigers? Is that your team?

I believe there are some Tigers in the lesser form of football as well...

I thought that there surely must be but I can't think of any teams in the AFL called the Tigers. Plus, aren't the West Tigers coming 3rd or something too?

Mighty Eels live, first up tonight. Heaven.

I thought that there surely must be but I can't think of any teams in the AFL called the Tigers. Plus, aren't the West Tigers coming 3rd or something too?

Mighty Eels live, first up tonight. Heaven.

Possibly Hawthorn??

Honestly i couldnt care less about AFL, i just hate it. League players are the biggest meatheads around, but i enjoy it so much more then AFL. On the positive side AFL beats the crap out of any American sport... :) - but that doesnt say that AFL is good, but American sports are crap.

The Tigers in the AFL are RICHMOND

Years ago I use to follow Balmain in the Rugby because they were the Tigers but when they merged with {correct me if I'm wrong Geoff} West Sydney who were the Magpies, that was it for me because the Magpies are Collingwood in the AFL and I along with everyone else who does not support them, hates them with a passion.

So no way was I going to support anything or anyone that was associated with the term Magpies.

Anyway, the Storm eventuated and they are based in Victoria so they are our team even though there is still not to much interest in them either down here in VIC.

Rugby really is a NSW and QLD passion, ours is AFL.

PS...Collingwood lost last night to Brisbane even though it looked like they had the game won....I'm really upset about that :dance::rofl2::banana::bananamac: .

Anyway, we play North Melbourne tomorrow and more than likely our wining streak of one game will probably end then :unsure:

Melbourne lose again, to the Roosters! :lol:

Roosters look good this year.

What a great game it was on Friday night, to see the Mighty Eels get away with a tight win.

Even the Swans killed some silly AFL team, didn't they? Yes they did.

And yes, Dave... with was the Magpies the Tigers merged with, now known as West Tigers. They got their ass kicked yesterday too. :lol:

6 from 7 with my tips this week. F*ck you Penrith!! And f*ck you too, Bunnies. You both suck equally.

Well , the mighty Tigers {Richmond}, winning streak of 1 has come to a crashing end and what makes it worse is that we are playing the arch enemies this week, they being the fuckin' :ahole: 's Collingwood and I don't like our chances :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Well Brissy went well in both codes last week. Both the Broncos and Lions having wins. The Broncos absolutely crushed the Cowboys 36-2 @ Suncorp Stadium that was without Lockyer. But It was the Broncos defence that really won for them. Go Brissy!!!

Well Brissy went well in both codes last week. Both the Broncos and Lions having wins. The Broncos absolutely crushed the Cowboys 36-2 @ Suncorp Stadium that was without Lockyer. But It was the Broncos defence that really won for them. Go Brissy!!!

The Broncos are looking great this year. I expect them and the Roosters to set the benchmark...

... until the Mighty Eels come and steal it out from everyone's grasp!

The Broncos are looking great this year.

News headlines "STORM LASHES BRISBANE" but the weather in Queensland was fine ;):lol:

Now to our footy, we finally got to watch a very entertaining game last night with Carlton and Essendon with the Bombers running over the top of the Blues at the end to win.

StKilda are proving to be the great pretenders again.

The Bulldogs are on a roll and look good.

Hawthorn may just be the team who will probably play Geelong in the last game of the year.

The boring Swans win again.

The Tigers play the Magpies today and I don't like our chances :doh:

:anon: 44 points down at half time :doh: ....We are fucked....Time for a couple of cold ones :chug::chug:

:anon: 44 points down at half time :doh: ....We are fucked....Time for a couple of cold ones :chug::chug:

:doh: And that is the total {44 points} we lost by :lame: ......We are again a bunch of :loser:'s :crying:

Fuck I hate losing to Collingwood <_<

The heartbreakingly inconsistent Eels got f*cking creamed by the Cowboys on Saturday night (their first win for the season).

I really need to learn to support a new team. :(

Melbourne played well on Friday. Not as well as the Roosters, though, imo. Roosters, Storm and Broncos looking to be the picks for 2008.

We {Richmond} get beaten by Fremantle tomorrow :crying:

if terrorists want to strike somewhere in Australia then I nominate Aami Stadium Adealide, at a crows home game.

Can they please wait until they play Collingwood there :explode:

How in the fuck could Port Adelaide lose against Brisbane from the position they were in at three quater time.

That was unbelieveable :blink:

The fucking Eels are fucked. Plain and simple. The Bunnies would beat them at the moment. Hardest team in the world to support.

Go the Swans and The Fist.