AFL and Rugby League

Dave

Watched the Titans win 18-6 over Melbourne Storm.

Titans played well, Storm only really got into the game during the 2nd half!

Absolutely unbelievable. My tips this week are 0 from 7. Pretty pissed off. The Titans did play well, took everyone by surprise.

And, no, the broken hand wasn't due to the Eels, but they have infuriated me beyond that moment over the years.

Do you know anything about Rugby League mate? :tumbsup:

Roll on the next game, they`re some tough sods, did you see the bloke who cracked heads and the blood just came gushing out, unbelievable he came back on the pitch! :tumbsup:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely unbelievable. My tips this week are 0 from 7. Pretty pissed off. The Titans did play well, took everyone by surprise.

And, no, the broken hand wasn't due to the Eels, but they have infuriated me beyond that moment over the years.

Roll on the next game, they`re some tough sods, did you see the bloke who cracked heads and the blood just came gushing out, unbelievable he came back on the pitch! :tumbsup:

Yeah, I actually do think I know a decent bit. But this week got everyone. Everyone got only 2's and 3's in their tips. I was leading one tipping comp I'm in and was in the top 3 of the other 2. I was going great until this shit. :(

Yeah mate, they're some tough fellas, that's for sure. I don't know if you saw any of the Newcastle vs. Manly game, but Newcastle's playmaker, Jarrod Mullen, played with broken ribs. Imagine playing that game with broken ribs - HAHA! But yeah, the head cracks and blood bins don't seem to bother them at all. Ah, it's a great game.

Yeah, I actually do think I know a decent bit. But this week got everyone. Everyone got only 2's and 3's in their tips. I was leading one tipping comp I'm in and was in the top 3 of the other 2. I was going great until this shit. :(

Yeah mate, they're some tough fellas, that's for sure. I don't know if you saw any of the Newcastle vs. Manly game, but Newcastle's playmaker, Jarrod Mullen, played with broken ribs. Imagine playing that game with broken ribs - HAHA! But yeah, the head cracks and blood bins don't seem to bother them at all. Ah, it's a great game.

Apart from the game that I watch live on a Saturday, there doesn`t seem to be any highlights :(

Mate, if you're really getting into here's the site to be:

http://www.nrl.com/

Check out this feature:

http://www.nrl.com/Video/VideoLibrary/tabi...37/default.aspx

If you click on there, just click on whatever round you want, look for the game you want and you can play 1st half highlights, 2nd half highlights and total highlights. Pretty cool stuff, mate.

Finch set for immediate release from Eels

Parramatta has reportedly released half-back Brett Finch from his contract so he can take up a lucrative offer in the UK Super League.

But I just saw this:

Dumped Brett Finch to stay in NRL

BRETT Finch could be playing with another NRL club within a fortnight after seeking a shock release from Parramatta last night

Either way, the result is magnificent! I personally hope, for his sake, he goes to the UK so he won't stick out like a sore thumb. He really is one of the worst players I've seen in the NRL, but still a nice guy. At least in the UK he's probably more at the level of skill over there. I pity any other NRL team that may pick him up. Apparently the Saints and Penrith are on the shortlist.

Mate, if you're really getting into here's the site to be:

http://www.nrl.com/

Check out this feature:

http://www.nrl.com/Video/VideoLibrary/tabi...37/default.aspx

If you click on there, just click on whatever round you want, look for the game you want and you can play 1st half highlights, 2nd half highlights and total highlights. Pretty cool stuff, mate.

Thanks Geoff, already have the NRL site in my favourites :tumbsup:

At least in the UK he's probably more at the level of skill over there.

Most second rate sportsmen are :whistle:;):lol:

At least in the UK he's probably more at the level of skill over there.

Most second rate sportsmen are :whistle:;):lol:

:lol:

Sharks 14-24 Raiders

This is was a back and forth game, literally could of gone either way.

Sharks 14-24 Raiders

I got 7 from 8 in my tips this week. Just shows what a f*cker the game can be. 1 one week and 7 the other. I picked the Raiders there so I was happy. Sharks suck. :lol: Eels lost again, but played 10 times better than any other game this season. If they can rediscover how to score points it will be nice.

Sharks 14-24 Raiders

I got 7 from 8 in my tips this week. Just shows what a f*cker the game can be. 1 one week and 7 the other. I picked the Raiders there so I was happy. Sharks suck. :lol: Eels lost again, but played 10 times better than any other game this season. If they can rediscover how to score points it will be nice.

7/8 is great mate, did you watch the Eels game, did they deserve to lose?

Sharks 14-24 Raiders

Yeah, I watch every Eels game, mate. Even the most painful.

They did deserve to lose... but more to the point, St George deserved their win. It was a very tight, close game and the two St George tries both came off a good deal of luck (did you see the one that rebounded off the post and the Saints guy smashed into the padding on the post before falling over the line?)... but they scored the points and we didn't. Both teams played well, though, and it was promising stuff for Eels fans. At least they gave 100%.

Sharks 14-24 Raiders

Yeah, I watch every Eels game, mate. Even the most painful.

They did deserve to lose... but more to the point, St George deserved their win. It was a very tight, close game and the two St George tries both came off a good deal of luck (did you see the one that rebounded off the post and the Saints guy smashed into the padding on the post before falling over the line?)... but they scored the points and we didn't. Both teams played well, though, and it was promising stuff for Eels fans. At least they gave 100%.

Apart from clicking online to watch highlights, we only get the live game and no highlight show, unless there is one and I`m missing it!

So I`ve not seen the bloke falling over the line :crying:

Watched The Footy Show which is great, they showed the best 5 punch ups in games over the last 30 years.

Also they showed a clip or two of the rivalry between Wendell Sailor and Adam MacDougall.

Dragons 18 - 24 Knights

Pretty good game, Dragons seemed to go off the boil once Sailor had gone off with Hamstring injury.

Nice to see him and MacDougall having a laugh with each other at the final whistle.

Watched The Footy Show which is great, they showed the best 5 punch ups in games over the last 30 years.

Also they showed a clip or two of the rivalry between Wendell Sailor and Adam MacDougall.

Dragons 18 - 24 Knights

Pretty good game, Dragons seemed to go off the boil once Sailor had gone off with Hamstring injury.

Nice to see him and MacDougall having a laugh with each other at the final whistle.

Yeah, I saw that one too. Good game. Did you happen to see the result for the Eels this weekend? Or should I say the fan haters?

Dragons 18 - 24 Knights

Yeah, I saw that one too. Good game. Did you happen to see the result for the Eels this weekend? Or should I say the fan haters?

I`ve not heard any reaults or seen any highlights which frustrates!

Why they can`t show an highlight show? :unsure:

Dragons 18 - 24 Knights

Yeah, sounds like you'll just have to go to NRL.com mate. :)

FYI, Eels lost 48-18 I think it was in the end. If I wasn't up partying with my brother with beers after an awesome surf I'd probably have killed someone... but I was pretty damn relaxed and amused by the whole thing. They were absolutely pathetic, and the Dogs (the team that beat them) were shit too.

Dragons 18 - 24 Knights

Yeah, sounds like you'll just have to go to NRL.com mate. :)

FYI, Eels lost 48-18 I think it was in the end. If I wasn't up partying with my brother with beers after an awesome surf I'd probably have killed someone... but I was pretty damn relaxed and amused by the whole thing. They were absolutely pathetic, and the Dogs (the team that beat them) were shit too.

I do look at that site mate but it frustrates me, not the best web site IMO

Storm 14-14 Warriors

Another great game, fair result with some great play.

Weather was shocking, added to the overall scheme of things!

Storm 14-14 Warriors

I have a real problem with the "golden point" extra time. If you're not going to guarantee a result, why bother? They should keep playing until there is a result! Oh well. I missed this game, but heard most of it on the radio and saw the highlights - looked like a good game.

Eels got smashed 40-8. :( F*ck this season.

Storm 14-14 Warriors

I have a real problem with the "golden point" extra time. If you're not going to guarantee a result, why bother? They should keep playing until there is a result! Oh well. I missed this game, but heard most of it on the radio and saw the highlights - looked like a good game.

I didn`t know the golden point was coming, thought it would be a draw. Pointless without a result.

Eels are struggling big time at the moment! :(

On a side note, The Footy Show just happens to be one of my favourite programmes on tv at the moment.

The sketches with Percy Le Blanc are very funny IMO

Storm 14-14 Warriors

I didn`t know the golden point was coming, thought it would be a draw. Pointless without a result.

Eels are struggling big time at the moment! :(

On a side note, The Footy Show just happens to be one of my favourite programmes on tv at the moment.

The sketches with Percy Le Blanc are very funny IMO

For me - and not just being negative - The Eels are easily my favourites for the wooden spoon this year. If the Sharks and Bunnies are next in line, imo both will easily beat the Eels when they play and will win more than the Eels too. There just isn't a worse team at the moment. It'll kill me, as I've never seen the Eels take the wooden spoon in my lifetime - not sure they ever have.

Yeah, I'm seeing a bit more of the Footy Show and it's always good value.

• 2 months later...

I loved watching that State Of Origin game last night between NSW & QLD.....It was lucky that game stopped when it did because an almighty all in brawl was about to erupt !!!!

That punch from White that landed right on Price's chin and knocked him in to next week....It was a beauty

Yep, no doubt it was the best game of the series. And not just because of the result. NSW handed the first two games to QLD with, at times, schoolboy grade (Or UK Super League ;)) defence. This was the first game they actually muscled up and were a defensive unit.

The brawl was great stuff. :lol: Hopefully they stick with this team and can come out firing in next year's series. I don't like either Ennis or Farrah, but from the get-go Ennis was the clear choice, imo, and proved that last night. Kimmorley had a great game, Hayne was not needed as much but his touches were brilliant and I guess you'd have to give Watmough man of the match. Just a great team effort and nice to see QLD exposed as the easily beatable team they are, if NSW actually try. :lol: