AFL and Rugby League

Dave

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Setanta Sports has gone bust, I don`t get to watch the games now. :crying:

I was wondering where you'd gone with your new-found love for NRL! :lol: We actually get a few Super League games over here. I watched a really low quality, but very enjoyable game last weekend. Leeds beat some smaller team in the last seconds after the underdogs had been leading all game. It's amazing to watch the Super League to see all the ex-Aussie and New Zealand players there - names you've forgotten about. Matt Peterson (winger for non-Leeds) used to be an Eel.

There is no doubt the standard of play is not quite up to the NRL, but the Super League is a bit of harmless fun every now and then. :)

I was wondering where you'd gone with your new-found love for NRL! :lol: We actually get a few Super League games over here. I watched a really low quality, but very enjoyable game last weekend. Leeds beat some smaller team in the last seconds after the underdogs had been leading all game. It's amazing to watch the Super League to see all the ex-Aussie and New Zealand players there - names you've forgotten about. Matt Peterson (winger for non-Leeds) used to be an Eel.

There is no doubt the standard of play is not quite up to the NRL, but the Super League is a bit of harmless fun every now and then. :)

I might end up watching the Super League if I find what channel it is shown on. :tumbsup:

I might end up watching the Super League if I find what channel it is shown on. :tumbsup:

:lol: I'll make a note next time they show it here to see what channel it's coming from. :)

:lol: I'll make a note next time they show it here to see what channel it's coming from. :)

I`ve had a look and it`s on Sky Sports, another subscription channel! :crying:

Haha. So we see more here for free? :lol: The team I spoke of above was Wakefield. They went down in the last 30 seconds to Leeds last week. This week they were the match of the week again and they beat St Helens, only just. Almost lost it several times. St Helens and Leeds are the best in the super league, hey? Wakefield must be going pretty good.

• 1 month later...
Go the Eels. Full stop. I'm so nervous brones are crumbling internally.

Well, nerves for next week have already settled in but I must admit that seeing the Eels win comfortably tonight, just before I leave the country makes me a happy man. I'll have to watch the next game on video when I get back, but a smile is present on my face now. :)

Go the Cats, go the Saints, fuck the Pies

Saints are the first ones through and now it's up to the Cats to fuck the Pies over tomorrow night and knock the maggots out..................Go the Cats and fuck the :ahole: Pies !!!!!!!!!

Saints are the first ones through and now it's up to the Cats to fuck the Pies over tomorrow night and knock the maggots out..................Go the Cats and fuck the :ahole: Pies !!!!!!!!!

45 minutes before the big game.....plenty of beers already sunk and plenty of beers still to be sunk !!!!!!!

Go the Cats and fuck the Pies !!!!!!!

45 minutes before the big game.....plenty of beers already sunk and plenty of beers still to be sunk !!!!!!!

Half time and it's the Cats who lead by 11 points.......anyones game still.....Go the Cats, fuck the Pies !!!

Beer time again !!!!!!!

pity the pathetic umpiring is more a focus than the game tonight. I'm not a cats fan or a pies fan so it's doesn't worry me in terms of a result, but in terms of a spectacle the umpires are ruining the whole thing. Do they just get to make up their own rules? Just the the fucking game go....

Half time and it's the Cats who lead by 11 points.......anyones game still.....Go the Cats, fuck the Pies !!!

Beer time again !!!!!!!

The Cats fuckin' smashed em'.... :rofl2: .....fuck the Pies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beer time again !!!!!!!

The Cats fuckin' smashed em'.... :rofl2: .....fuck the Pies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Cats by 73 points in the end and what a belting :bananamac: ...plenty of tears from me seeing Collingwood go out of the finals but they were tears of laughter :rofl2: ........So close again yet so far for the mighty maggots....Fuck the Pies.....To all you inbred Collingwood supporters, turn the light off and shut the door behind you on your way out and I hope you enjoy watching the Grand Final next week that you told everyone you will be in.........but you wont :bye::bye::fu::rofl2:

St Kilda vs Geelong in the big one.......

Were both the best sides throughout the year and who most thought would play off in the Grand Final except the moron Collingwood supporters :rofl2: .........fuck the Pies :loser: .

At the moment, I thing the Cats will win but I'll wait and see the sides before I give my final selection.

8/8 so far in the finals selections........one to go and it will be the hardest to pick I think :unsure:

The weather is going to be shit with alot of rain for most of the day which will mean a stop start slog fest and no free flowing spectacle.....

Geelong to win IMO in a close and a low scoring one !!!!!

With alot of beers to be sunk whilst viewing :chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug: :chug:

The weather is going to be shit with alot of rain for most of the day which will mean a stop start slog fest and no free flowing spectacle.....

With alot of beers to be sunk whilst viewing :chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug: :chug:

And that is exactly what happened !!!!!!

Geelong won a very close one in a low scoring game !!!!!!

St Kilda had their chances though and could not do it !!!!!!

...........Oh yeah.......Fuck the Pies as well :fu:

And that is exactly what happened !!!!!!

Geelong won a very close one in a low scoring game !!!!!!

St Kilda had their chances though and could not do it !!!!!!

...........Oh yeah.......Fuck the Pies as well :fu:

Im gonna say it, i watched this game... and i watched a few of the other afl finals....apart from a few good moments and demonstrations of talent... eg. that guy from St Kilda diving to hit it for a behind towards the end of the game... good stuff!.... but here goes...

AFL BLOWS

What a messy scrappy game! Its just like under 7 football of any code... "oo the ball is over there...both teams chase the ball and knock it on"..

sorry but it really does suck.

Get ready for the return of Geoff because his beloved Eels are in the NRL Grand Final playing his most hated Storm.....

Get ready for the biggest naked party ever if his Eels win this one :lol:

We await Geoff's plans for the week ahead !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!