AFL and Rugby League

Dave

And just as quickly as the Eels get the hopes of their fans up, they crush them just as easily, with a 48-12 defeat. I admit I gave up on the season several weeks ago when Newcastle beat them, but there was still a part of me with some stupid hope. :( Oh well, roll on 2011, I guess. So we can all just be disappointed again...

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing that the Eeels haven't won a flag in 20 odd years. They were such a powerhouse in the 80's!

My mate and I were discussing on the weekend that if we supported any team other than the Eels, Sharks or Cowboys (and Titans, but they were out of the comp for about a decade) we'd have had a premiership in recent years.

Without question the most frustrating thing about being an Eels fan is that, player for player, they often have the best squad in the comp. And several years previously we've had easily the best team. And in 2001 and 2005 the premiership was there for the taking. But both times they blew a perfect opportunity. And then there was last year... oh, the tears. I truly don't think I'll see another premiership in my lifetime, and let's be honest - I was 7 years old in 1986 (when they won the last one) so that means nothing to me.

Such a painful team to follow. :(

Well being a Balmain fan I had to wait until 2005.....and it wasn't really even Balmain anymore.

Swans/Tigers 2005 flags is something I may never see again sadly.

Ah, the year that killed even the hardest Saints or Eels fan. I almost cried for the Saints when the Tigers beat them in that semi, and then the next day I held a knife to my throat as the Cowboys demolished the Eels 29-0. What a f*cked up year that was.

Still, I envy you having that premiership in your recent history... :(

I was at that Saints Vs Tigers semi and I have never experienced an atmosphere like that....it was like they had won the grand final.

One supporter (a Wests fan I'd say) took off his jersey and poured a beer over his naked torso....priceless!

I was hugging strangers!

I was at that Saints Vs Tigers semi and I have never experienced an atmosphere like that....it was like they had won the grand final.

One supporter (a Wests fan I'd say) took off his jersey and poured a beer over his naked torso....priceless!

I was hugging strangers!

Half of me felt so sorry for the Saints who had played so well all season and "deserved" the finals spot. The other half of me was rejoicing, as the Saints had beat the Eels a few weeks before and it would be a tough final. So I was thinking the Eels would easily beat the Cowboys (as 100% of the population also believed) and would then get an easy grand final win against the Tigers (who they'd already beaten twice that year, comfortably).

Oh how wrong I was. :(

They, Bombers, played very well and Saints were shocking.

On a different subject Banger, did you hear SAS and Ion Drive are playing later this month. :party421:

I had no idea that SAS and Ion Drive are playing Doggy,now that's a real trip down memory lane.Which venue is it?

On a different subject Banger, did you hear SAS and Ion Drive are playing later this month. :party421:

I had no idea that SAS and Ion Drive are playing Doggy,now that's a real trip down memory lane.Which venue is it?

[/quote

Noise bar in Brunswick, i think. Checkout the SAS'myspace page for details.

• 2 weeks later...

[/quote

Noise bar in Brunswick, i think. Checkout the SAS'myspace page for details.

Cheers mate for the info.

Fucking Collingscum are ass raping the Bombers at the moment,oh the fucking horror :crying: but more beer will make the pain fade away :chug:

Bombers, Tigers and the Bulldogs all got belted !!!!

I think it is simply a two horse race at the moment with the Maggots probably slight favourites.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a great weekend of footy that was! Sure it sucks dog balls not having your team in the finals (man the Eels were disgraceful this year) but I must say I had one of the most relaxing, enjoyable footy watching weekends of my life. It's great to just watch good games of footy and not care who wins... as long as the footy's good. Last night was average seeing the Saints smash the Eagles, but the other 3 NRL games were super.

Flicked over in the ads on Saturday night to see the Swans lose an awesome lead in the AFL, as well as the Wallabies lose an unloseable lead in the Rugby Union. Clowns everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

They play again next week? Are you serious? That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life. I randomly ended up watching the match this afternoon and really got into it, I must admit. I found myself really going for St Kilda. Don't ask me why - no explanation. Anyway, I was really enjoying it but not having any extra time is the stupidest thing I have heard in sporting history. What a letdown for every single person involved...

Anyway, onto the Saints and Tigers in the NRL tonight. Whoever wins, should be a cracking game!