Saints of the Underground (feat. Jani Lane)

whiplash1972

This is right at the top of my list of CDs to buy, but I need to come up with some cash first. So, uh, anyone wanna buy a kidney? Gall bladder? C'mon, ya never know when yer gonna need a spare gall bladder...

"Dead Man's Shoes" and "Good Times" sound much better with John Corabi singing them on the Twenty4Seven disc.

I have that album. I need to go back and listen to it. I remember I liked it but never seem to spin it :anon:

I like this album too. Jani sounds great.

C'mon, ya never know when yer gonna need a spare gall bladder...

You can live without it, so I'm gonna pass. ;)

You have no idea what you're missing.

"Dead Man's Shoes" and "Good Times" sound much better with John Corabi singing them on the Twenty4Seven disc.

Cant agree with that!

Ha, I didn't even realise they were on both albums but immediately though thought that project when I saw this one first. I can, without hearing them, agree that I think the SOTU version of 'Dead man's shoes' is much better, though, as I didn't like anything off the Twenty4Seven disc. 'Good times' is a really bad song and I can't imagine anyone making it sound decent.

Cant agree with that!

Ha, I didn't even realise they were on both albums but immediately though thought that project when I saw this one first. I can, without hearing them, agree that I think the SOTU version of 'Dead man's shoes' is much better, though, as I didn't like anything off the Twenty4Seven disc. 'Good times' is a really bad song and I can't imagine anyone making it sound decent.

You didn't like "Good Times"? I thought it was pretty good tune. There's a ballad towards the end that is just terrible though. My only complaint on the entire album.

Cant agree with that!

You didn't like "Good Times"? I thought it was pretty good tune. There's a ballad towards the end that is just terrible though. My only complaint on the entire album.

Would that be "Moonlight Mile"?

Cant agree with that!

Yep...supa-gay!

Cant agree with that!

Yep...supa-gay!

Yeah, it's not the greatest, but that's what you get when you cover songs instead of using originals. As for 'Good times' - I hated it immediately, almost skipped on the first spin. The rest is great.

• 3 years later...

Great album! Anyone know why they omitted the lyrics and songwriting credits for Jimmy. I had read somewhere that it took some major convincing by the rest of the band to get Jani to include it on this album. Not sure why that would be. It's my fave on the cd. Definite Thin Lizzy vibe on that one.

Great album! Anyone know why they omitted the lyrics and songwriting credits for Jimmy. I had read somewhere that it took some major convincing by the rest of the band to get Jani to include it on this album. Not sure why that would be. It's my fave on the cd. Definite Thin Lizzy vibe on that one.

"Jimmy" is such a great song! It's my favorite off the album as well and I'm very glad they included it. I also heard Jani didn't want to record it but I'm very glad he did.