Tattoo Rodeo

heaven&hell

I've alwasy dug this band. Just a great mix of Southern and Classic Rock but right in the middle of the Hair Metal scene.

I actually bought their album("Rode Hard Put Away Wet") off the picture on the back.

Like so many other albums back then if the band looked cool I bought it.

Most of the time it worked out and this was no exception.

Many great songs on the debut including the great great ballad "Been your Fool".

Dennis Churchhill-Dries voice just kicks my ass and it's a damn shame this band didn't get the respect that bands like the Black Crowes got.

The follow up album("Skin") was killer too but by that time they had switched from the a big label with Atlantic to a small with Mausoleum so by that time the writing was on the wall.

someone put up a track called "Reckless Heart" Supposedly by Tattoo Rodeo.....if it was actually them then yeah, i like them.

although this sounds more like David Coverdale singing....does the TR singer have a coverdale sorta sound or is this the Whitesnake song Reckless Heart?

'Rode Hard' is a great disc - It featured a few songs that would have ended up on the 3rd White Sister album that was never ever released. Never heard 'Skin', but I suppose I should track it down if it is anywhere near as good as the debut.

'Rode Hard' is a great disc - It featured a few songs that would have ended up on the 3rd White Sister album that was never ever released. Never heard 'Skin', but I suppose I should track it down if it is anywhere near as good as the debut.

Never got around to hearing White Sister but if you liked the TR debut then you'll like "Skin".

someone put up a track called "Reckless Heart" Supposedly by Tattoo Rodeo.....if it was actually them then yeah, i like them.

although this sounds more like David Coverdale singing....does the TR singer have a coverdale sorta sound or is this the Whitesnake song Reckless Heart?

I'm not familiar with that song at all, although it might of been on an import. :unsure:

Funny but I love both White Sister releases but I can't stand this release...and for some reason I have it on CD AND Tape...go figure :unsure:

The first album was great. I also bought it because i saw the picture of them on the back. A whole load of great songs on it from ballads to rockers. Great vocals too.

i got rid of the 2nd album... the songs just werent there. I remember there was a decent ballad.. but didnt live up to the first. It was also cheap on ebay though.

The first album was great. I also bought it because i saw the picture of them on the back. A whole load of great songs on it from ballads to rockers. Great vocals too.

i got rid of the 2nd album... the songs just werent there. I remember there was a decent ballad.. but didnt live up to the first. It was also cheap on ebay though.

I agree 100%.

The debut White Sister album is by far the pick of the catalogue. The 2nd White Sister album is pretty much hit and miss... not necessary for the collection. 'Rode hard put away wet' is a killer album. The three ballads and 'One way love' are just brilliance. As for 'Skin'; weakest album in the discography, imo. As Matt says, there is a decent ballad on it but the rest just did nothing for me at all.

I love both Tattoo Rodeo albums. I picked up the first off ebay after someone sent me the mp3's and found the second for a $1.00 when scrounging. I've always lumped them in with Southgang soundwise.

I agree 100%.

The debut White Sister album is by far the pick of the catalogue. The 2nd White Sister album is pretty much hit and miss... not necessary for the collection. 'Rode hard put away wet' is a killer album. The three ballads and 'One way love' are just brilliance. As for 'Skin'; weakest album in the discography, imo. As Matt says, there is a decent ballad on it but the rest just did nothing for me at all.

The "Skin" album was much more in the Blues Rock/Badlands vein IMO.

So I can see why you didn't dig it as much as the first one which had more MHR stuff going on.

>> Funny but I love both White Sister releases but I can't stand this release...and for some reason I have it on CD AND Tape...go figure :unsure: <<

I agree 110%. Loved White Sister, couldn't stand Tattoo Rodeo - and they tried fucking with one of my bands at a show they did together (even going so far as stealing cymbals) which didn't put them any higher up in my book.

Seriously, while we're here... is the debut White Sister album seriously one of the best albums you ever heard? F*ck me oblivious I love that disc!

Seriously, while we're here... is the debut White Sister album seriously one of the best albums you ever heard? F*ck me oblivious I love that disc!

I've never heard either White Sister albums.

Oh cousin... I know I say this about albums all the time and never end up getting the time to do it, but I simply must find the time to upload this one for you. The 2nd one you can do without, but the debut is amazing.

I agree 100%.

spot on call there G, I'd love to see some new tattoo rodeo, pitty one of the guys passed away last year

Hell yeah, great album! And I only heard it for the first time just a couple weeks ago. I had also passed on picking up the second White Sister release last summer in a used cd store because the name sounded vaguely familiar but when I grabbed the disc I saw the black girl on the front and figured I was thinking of the wrong band, this must be some R&B group :loser: What a mistake that was. I wish I would have gotten it now.

I'm home all weekend so I will include the first White Sister in the "Share" when I send my list to Dave...

That's right--Dave will actually get something from me this time! :lol:

Hell yeah, great album! And I only heard it for the first time just a couple weeks ago. I had also passed on picking up the second White Sister release last summer in a used cd store because the name sounded vaguely familiar but when I grabbed the disc I saw the black girl on the front and figured I was thinking of the wrong band, this must be some R&B group :loser: What a mistake that was. I wish I would have gotten it now.

I'm home all weekend so I will include the first White Sister in the "Share" when I send my list to Dave...

I'll look forward to checking it out. :drink:

Talk about strange timing .... I've been listening to WSister over the last few days and dug out the Rode Hard Put Away Wet by TRodeo to listen to tonight on the way to work. I quite liked it but after WS it seemed a bit of a let down. Like Jez I should probably track down Skin too (being the completeist fool that I am :lol)

I've listened to it once so far it's pretty damn good. :tumbsup:

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

tried to describe this band today. best I could do was "imagine if Tesla was from the south" kind of thing. I know that isn't the best I could do but try to describe them to someone with limited knowledge of this kind of music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcmoiyEIciw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6arUjTMU4M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpWPB_z-hwk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC0qr1FJgFQ&feature=related