Australian Tours

JC_AOR

Ace Frehley Aussie Tour 2009

ace-frehley---anomaly.jpg

Monday 19th Melbourne. Palace (formerly Metro)

Tuesday 20th Sydney. Enmore Theatre

Wednesday 21th Brisbane. The Tivoli

Tickets on sale Friday 25th September 9AM

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then there's always the promoters who are asking support bands to pay to get the support slots..

yeah, that's pretty ordinary.

i think the bands playing for nothing should just pass around the hat and i'm sure people would throw in a few bucks. I knwo if I enjoyed the support band, I'd happily throw em a fiver at the end of the gig if they passed around a hat.

I saw Blessed By A Broken Heart last week - pretty good show but full of EMO kids. One of their support acts - Mourning Tide were good as well.

Also going to see Skid Row this Friday night. Really hoping they play a lot of early Skid Row stuff from S/T and STTG but not sure if the Solinger era Skid Row plays of lot of the Bach era stuff??? I wasn't a big fan of RPM though Tickskin was pretty awesome in parts.

Also 1927 seem to be announcing a lot of shows at bigger and bigger venues. They seem be extremely popular at the moment and selling out all their shows with really positive reviews. A comeback album would be awesome. I know Eric Weideman has a new solo song out which I posted in the Aussie artists video clips topic.

Also going to see Skid Row this Friday night. Really hoping they play a lot of early Skid Row stuff from S/T and STTG but not sure if the Solinger era Skid Row plays of lot of the Bach era stuff??? I wasn't a big fan of RPM though Tickskin was pretty awesome in parts.

Yeah, turns out my father-in-law's 60th is a lunch so my mate bought the tickets yesterday and I'll be at the Sydney show on Saturday night. Also hoping for more classics than new tunes... unless they're off 'Thickskin'. :)

Just out of curiosity dudes, any of you guys watching 'Idol'? There was a dude there from an 80's style hard rock band called Live Wire. Anyone ever heard of Live Wire? As far as I know they did originals, and were not a Motley Crue cover band as the name suggests. I think they started out as a Van Halen tribute band? I think they were based in Sydney.

Yeah! Im good friends with them. I get guitar lessons from the guitarist and my band has played with them a few times. Im not sure about the VH tribute thing but they are hugely influenced by them. The guitarist is amazing! Up there with Steve Vai and Paul Gilbert! You can buy there CD with Ed (the idol guy) on it from their myspace, http://www.myspace.com/livewiretheband They have just found a new singer and are writing and recording with him at the moment.

Just out of curiosity dudes, any of you guys watching 'Idol'? There was a dude there from an 80's style hard rock band called Live Wire. Anyone ever heard of Live Wire? As far as I know they did originals, and were not a Motley Crue cover band as the name suggests. I think they started out as a Van Halen tribute band? I think they were based in Sydney.

Yeah! Im good friends with them. I get guitar lessons from the guitarist and my band has played with them a few times. Im not sure about the VH tribute thing but they are hugely influenced by them. The guitarist is amazing! Up there with Steve Vai and Paul Gilbert! You can buy there CD with Ed (the idol guy) on it from their myspace, http://www.myspace.com/livewiretheband They have just found a new singer and are writing and recording with him at the moment.

Cool, thanks for the info. The demo track sounds okay, but a pretty shabby recording. I'd like to see them live before investing in any of their music.

ahh so now sydney's home to two Live Wires ............ :beerbang:

Cool, thanks for the info. The demo track sounds okay, but a pretty shabby recording. I'd like to see them live before investing in any of their music.

Yeah, the one on their myspace page has the new singer. I personally like Ed better.

I think Harry cockhead.... :unsure: I mean Connick Jr was out here on a promotional tour to the only country that could give a fuck about him, obviously again to promote an upcoming tour he might have had planned but guess what Harry.....You can kiss that so called planned tour goodbye :fu:

Skid Row was pretty awesome. Set list went something like this, in terms of songs but the order I can't remember (I was pretty drunk).

Big Guns

Thick Is The Skin

18 And Life

Piece Of Me

Makin' A Mess

Monkey Business

Ghost

Riot Act

Sweet Little Sister

Get The Fuck Out

Disease

Psycho Therapy

I Remember You

Slave To The Grind

Youth Gone Wild

Skid Row was pretty awesome. Set list went something like this, in terms of songs but the order I can't remember (I was pretty drunk).

Big Guns

Thick Is The Skin

18 And Life

Piece Of Me

Makin' A Mess

Monkey Business

Ghost

Riot Act

Sweet Little Sister

Get The Fuck Out

Disease

Psycho Therapy

I Remember You

Slave To The Grind

Youth Gone Wild

I think there may have been one or two more from Thickskin and maybe a few from Subhuman Race as well. RPM didn't get much of a go (thank god for that), in fact 'Disease' is the only song I re-call them playing from it. There was also about 10 minutes of Snake and Scotti Hill guitar wankery in there somewhere. But the turnout at this gig was piss poor. Maybe 200 people at most? Tickets were $80 which is a bit harsh but I did expect a much better turnout. And someone threw a plastic cup on the stage and Solinger just goes "nice shot mate". Sebastian would've stamped his feet and stormed out like a little girl if that was him. Supports were Pegazus and ? a band called Ink.

Big Guns

Thick Is The Skin

18 And Life

Piece Of Me

Makin' A Mess

Monkey Business

Ghost

Riot Act

Sweet Little Sister

Get The Fuck Out

Disease

Psycho Therapy

I Remember You

Slave To The Grind

Youth Gone Wild

I think there may have been one or two more from Thickskin and maybe a few from Subhuman Race as well. RPM didn't get much of a go (thank god for that), in fact 'Disease' is the only song I re-call them playing from it. There was also about 10 minutes of Snake and Scotti Hill guitar wankery in there somewhere. But the turnout at this gig was piss poor. Maybe 200 people at most? Tickets were $80 which is a bit harsh but I did expect a much better turnout. And someone threw a plastic cup on the stage and Solinger just goes "nice shot mate". Sebastian would've stamped his feet and stormed out like a little girl if that was him. Supports were Pegazus and ? a band called Ink.

Yep, pretty much exactly the same in Sydney.

We missed the first opening band (Wikked shit or something - awful AC/DC-type band who we avoided after I heard them on myspace) and I don't know if Pegazus played the Sydney leg - if so we missed them too. But we saw Ink and they were good. Vocal sound was average and indecipherable, but they were good. The long haired guitarist was awesome and even the Asian dude went okay. Both better than the guys in Skid Row. :lol:

But yeah, I really liked Skid Row. Solinger was awesome. He changed his voice to match the older material and sounded completely different on the newer material. That dude can scream. The set list was the same as what you've got there, but like you I'd been drinking since midday and was a little how's it going. I think there were one or two more songs. There was one more of 'RPM" and they played both versions of 'I remember you' (man I HATE the new version). Like you say in Brisbane, crowd was shithouse in Sydney. Maybe a bit more than 200, but not much. More spare seats than taken seats, that's for sure.

I hated the guitar wankery, mostly because they both suck and it was just crap, but the rest was awesome. I would have liked to hear 'Breakin' down' as the sole representative of 'Subhuman Race' and also at least one of the following: 'Quicksand Jesus', 'In a Darkened Room' or 'Wasted time'.

But yeah, I really enjoyed the show. :lol: @ the people calling out to "Sebastian Bach".

I would have liked to hear 'Breakin' down' as the sole representative of 'Subhuman Race' and also at least one of the following: 'Quicksand Jesus', 'In a Darkened Room' or 'Wasted time'.
Absolutely! 'Quicksand Jesus' and 'In A Darkened Room' rate very highly on my list. But I would've been very suprised if they did play either of them. It's like Ratt never playing 'One Step Away' and 'Giving Yourself Away'. I don't know why these bands always leave out some real killer songs.

I would have liked to hear 'Breakin' down' as the sole representative of 'Subhuman Race' and also at least one of the following: 'Quicksand Jesus', 'In a Darkened Room' or 'Wasted time'.
Absolutely! 'Quicksand Jesus' and 'In A Darkened Room' rate very highly on my list. But I would've been very suprised if they did play either of them. It's like Ratt never playing 'One Step Away' and 'Giving Yourself Away'. I don't know why these bands always leave out some real killer songs.

Yeah, I was quietly hopeful for 'In a darkened room' as I'm sure I've read somewhere that it's one of the members' favourite songs. It could have been Bach, though. :lol: But yeah, I thought at least one of those tunes might get a go, but it was not to be. :( As for the rockers, would have loved to hear 'Livin' on a chain gang' too.

Yeah, I was quietly hopeful for 'In a darkened room' as I'm sure I've read somewhere that it's one of the members' favourite songs. It could have been Bach, though. :lol: But yeah, I thought at least one of those tunes might get a go, but it was not to be. :( As for the rockers, would have loved to hear 'Livin' on a chain gang' too.

Yeah Livin' On A Chain Gang is my fourth fav song from Slace To The Grind. I would've also loved to hear Midnight/Tornado. Another song I absolutely love is 'Forever' which I think is a very old Skid Row song from '86 or something. It may have originally been recorded with Matt Falon on vocals. Anyone who doesn't own 40 Seasons should get it for that song alone.

Yeah Livin' On A Chain Gang is my fourth fav song from Slace To The Grind. I would've also loved to hear Midnight/Tornado. Another song I absolutely love is 'Forever' which I think is a very old Skid Row song from '86 or something. It may have originally been recorded with Matt Falon on vocals. Anyone who doesn't own 40 Seasons should get it for that song alone.

Yeah, I have the CD for that song alone, and will keep it. Love that tune.

i hope you, all Aussies, see that Ace Frehley tour is been postpone to next year. :guitbannana:

Rang up to get tickets as me and some mates decided we would go and a message said the gig in Melbourne was cancelled.Did you hear of any future tour dates?

You find it was all of the tour. There was big demand in Perth and Adelaide, which wasnt mention on schedule. So he doing ful lAustralia tour next year.

Pretty Boy Floyd tickets purchased. Pretty happy about that - $44 for PBF plus White Widdow - sounds like a freakin' good deal to me.