Australian Tours

JC_AOR

Any of you New South Welshmen lucky enough to get a Joan Jett ticket. Just read it sold out in 2 minutes.

I missed this one way back in November. 2 minutes.. Maybe there is some hope for you guys over there after all. I'm just guessing that none of you from here on HH were smart enough to go see this gig? :popcorn:

My sister and her boyfriend were lucky enough to see this show. It was basically at a small pub that probably holds no more than 200 people....and the venue was Joan's choice! They said it was a great show.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow oh wow is that disappointing. That would be a real treat, to see COT. :( F*ck.

Thanks for trying Andrew, but next time you speak to everyone you spoke to who rejected the idea for the Sydney show, please ask them on my behalf how if feels to suck dog balls each night before they go to bed?

:(

We tried and tried to get anyone in Syndey interested, but the venues were arrogantly dismissive and couldn't have given two shits.

What about the pub where Ted Poley played in November? Bald Faced Stag.

My friends just put on a Dio tribute there, got over 140 payers and the venue said they were welcome back anytime....they would even re-arrange things to accomodate another such night.

Do you have a contact? I didn't get very good feedback of the venue from Ted Poley's tour co.

Aren't both Vagabond Entertainment?

Poley was and melodicrock says:

"For the first time in Australia, MelodicRock.com, Vagabond Entertainment and Crown of Thorns Oz Army presents Crown of Thorns LIVE! Sunday May 15 at Melbourne's The Corner Hotel."

• 2 weeks later...

You mean lack of ticket sales means this has fallen through?

This is an all too familiar story with these 'one off' type shows.

People from around the country are nervous to book flights and accomodation in case the show falls through. People are putting off buying tickets so they don't get stung with non-refunable flights etc.

Catch 22 - bummer for those who were going to attend!

Crown Of Thorns Oz ArmyIt's with deep sadness that i have to announce that the Crown of Thorns Australian show has been postponed until further notice due to unforseen personal circumstances. I'd personally like to thank my fellow co-promoters Andrew at melodicrock.com, the guys at Vagabond Entertainment, as well as Jean and the band for trying all endeavours to make this show happen. Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control, it’s not possible at this time. We are all hopeful that a show will be possible in the future.

So it wasn't postponed due to ticket sales, but due to personal circumstances?????

Andrew, so what do you mean "no one cares"????

Are you upset that no one replied to Andre's statement? The reality is that there are probably no more than a dozen Aussies who actually post in this thread...

well to be honest, they aren't exactly a big name.

that being said, if they were coming to SA i'd pretty sure go and see them, but in terms of being a household name (even amongst the rock community) i'd say that had something to do with the limited interest.

it surprised me when this show was even announced.

definitely agree with your viscious circle comment though. no bands come, no people attend, no bands come, round and round in circles.

Melodic names don't exactly pull a mssive crowd down here... eg JSS, Tramp, Crown of Thorns. As much as people can argue or disagee, you're more likely to pull a more acceptable crowd with bands such as FAster Pussycat, LA Guns, Pretyy Boy Floyd, Warrant....

now...., why don't people focus on getting crashdiet or hardcore superstar over here!

No one was interested in this show period. Too bad really. And I agree about people not wanting to commit. But there's that vicious circle for ya.

I'm sure ticket sales aren't the reason for the postponement of the crown of thorns show.

I'm still hoping for a show to occur later in the year.

I dont think ticket sales are a concern for the promoters.

Another one for the list....I remember Rik Emmett cancelled in the last 90's just before tickets went on sale....

Sad stuff :(

Mate i never knew of a possible R.Emmett tour in the 90's.Now that is one gig i would check out.

Yep, it was advertised and then cancelled - massive let down!

A real shame that COT have cancelled, though as others have said, not really a big surprise. Lesser known Melodic Rock / Hard Rock bands such as themselves are only going to attract attention if they get on the bill with some more well known acts of the genre.

On another note, I'm wondering if Mr. Big will tour Australia in support of their new album. I know Eric Martin came out here a few years back for a solo tour which seemed to be quite successful.

And as Lindsay says, what about bands like Crashdiet? They have a pretty solid fan base here in Oz.

It's funny that all members of Mr. Big have been here in some capacity over the last 15 years.

I know Billy has done at least 2 clinic tours (I saw these), Pat once (saw this), Paul once (missed it) and Eric in concert in 2007 which was AMAZING!

Agreed Mr. Big would be great and would draw a massive crowd!

A real shame that COT have cancelled, though as others have said, not really a big surprise. Lesser known Melodic Rock / Hard Rock bands such as themselves are only going to attract attention if they get on the bill with some more well known acts of the genre.

On another note, I'm wondering if Mr. Big will tour Australia in support of their new album. I know Eric Martin came out here a few years back for a solo tour which seemed to be quite successful.

And as Lindsay says, what about bands like Crashdiet? They have a pretty solid fan base here in Oz.

I know Crashdiet are very keen on a tour of Oz as are H.E.A.T among a few other fellow Swedes but $$$ is what's holding these tours back.

I know Crashdiet are very keen on a tour of Oz as are H.E.A.T among a few other fellow Swedes but $$$ is what's holding these tours back.

Wow, imagine Crashdiet and HEAT toured together on the same bill. It's a shame I wouldn't see them because I'd have a cardiac arrest when it was announced and die from excitement. :(