Favorite "K" Band

"K" Bands  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed THE BEST 'K' band......................KAMELOT!

Of the ones listed its a tough choice between Kansas, Kiss, and Kix...........I went for Kiss.

But I do really like Khymera too..

Most of K does suck big time though I have to admit LOL.

The debut album by KICK is as near to melodic hard rock perfection as you can get. One of my top faves of all time.

Chris

They were a fantastic band, weren't they. I love all 3 of their releases. And Wildkard. You think that one stacks up well against Kick's material?

The debut album by KICK is as near to melodic hard rock perfection as you can get. One of my top faves of all time.

Chris

They were a fantastic band, weren't they. I love all 3 of their releases. And Wildkard. You think that one stacks up well against Kick's material?

Maybe I'm having a brain fart. But, Kick had three releases? I thought they only had two albums. The second one which I only burned a few songs from had "Kaleidoscopic Eyes" on it. They had one after that? Or are you referring to when they were called Freefall? As for Wildkard, I must admit I've only heard the sound samples off of that one and was not blown away. Sounded way too lackluster and formulaic from what I heard. I love the lead singers's voice, but the powerhouse songwriting from the first Kick release has never returned on any subsequent releases.

Chris

Hi mate, I was checking this out for you before but my internet connection died. But they do have 3 albums, just check out the main page of the site. :) I remember one was better than the other 2, but I like them all a lot. And I agree, the guy’s voice is heavenly. I really have to listen to these CDs again.

Hi mate, I was checking this out for you before but my internet connection died. But they do have 3 albums, just check out the main page of the site. :) I remember one was better than the other 2, but I like them all a lot. And I agree, the guy’s voice is heavenly. I really have to listen to these CDs again.

The first Kick album is awesome!!! Fantastic album that doesnt get the attention it deserves. However the 2nd was pretty weak and i got rid of it, from memory there were 1 or 2 decent songs on it, but the rest very weak. Ive never found the 3rd... which i believe was more modern??

Before they were called kick they released a great album under the name Freefall, and before hat released an EP under the name XL.

How many members of Kick are in Wildkard?

The first Kick album is awesome!!! Fantastic album that doesnt get the attention it deserves. However the 2nd was pretty weak and i got rid of it, from memory there were 1 or 2 decent songs on it, but the rest very weak. Ive never found the 3rd... which i believe was more modern??

Before they were called kick they released a great album under the name Freefall, and before hat released an EP under the name XL.

I think 2 of the guys are in Wildkard, maybe even 3 to be honest. I like Freefall, but not so much XL. I enjoy all the Kick albums. In fact, I will listen to them tonight if I get the opportunity and comment tomorrow.

I think 2 of the guys are in Wildkard, maybe even 3 to be honest. I like Freefall, but not so much XL. I enjoy all the Kick albums. In fact, I will listen to them tonight if I get the opportunity and comment tomorrow.

See, I did have a brain fart. I did remember the third Kick cd after I saw the album cover. It was instantly forgettable and nary a good tune on it. I don't mind a modern sound, but that third release was just crap. And yes, Freefall was pretty cool too. I still hold out hope every time these members release something new.

I'm listening to all three at the moment. To be honest, 'Consider this' is pretty much a classic of the modern era - that CD is SO good. The other 2 don't hold up to it's excellence, but I still think they're very good and well worth owning.

Sadly, and to my dismay I found out I only have the original copy of 'Sweet lick of fire' so if anyone can help a brother out with 'Consider this' I'd be most grateful.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey I am waiting for the faves L bands...

So am I!!! I check every once in awhile to see if it has been created. I gotta get a life!!!! :anon:

My choice will be Lilli......I'll wait....but they better crack the L list since they are my all time fav band.

So am I!! I check every once in awhile to see if it has been created. I gotta get a life!!!! :anon:

My choice will be Lilli......I'll wait....but they better crack the L list since they are my all time fav band.

I pretty much only put together these polls at work when things aren't busy, and unfortunately (I work at a prison) things have been pretty busy lately, but rest assured, the polls are not forgotten and I hope to get the next one up this week, possibly even tomorrow (no promises, though).

Regarding whether or not you need to get lives...uh, no comment. ;)

As for a band that starts with "Lilli" making the list...guess you'll just have to wait an' see, but the fact that a little album called "Love and War" is one of my all-time favorites hard rock CDs might give you a clue.

So am I!!! I check every once in awhile to see if it has been created. I gotta get a life!!!! :anon:

And Led Zeppelin .

• 1 month later...

Kiss or King Diamond? Andy Larocque from King Diamond is one of the best Guitar of all times listening now "Welcome Home" and Andy Larocque is from other planet what a Killer guitar but Kiss have a more complete discography my vote then for Kiss.

1- Kiss

2- King Diamond

3- Keel

4- King kobra

5- Khymera