Best Of The Cover Albums

Cover Albums  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I had to be different, the only covers album I own or should say "still" own is The Black Sweden - Gold. Yeah, the Abba covers one!!

Tho I liked Overkill's COVERKILL quite alot, I went with an "Other" - Metallica's classic $5.98 EP: GARAGE DAYS RE-REVISITED.

I voted for Warrant, not because I like their cover album, but it's the best of a bad bunch. Still, I looked at the list of choices,and felt like I was trying to decide what I would rather eat, dogshit or cowshit. :puke:

Went with "other"; the best covers album I've heard recently is hands down Axel Rudi Pell's "Diamonds Unlocked". If you're going to do a covers album, this is the way it should be done. :drink:

Not a big fan of covers discs (as with most it seems) but I voted other, as I genuinely really liked all of the Toto - 'Through The Looking Glass' disc from a few years back and that is definately my fave covers disc. Of this list - the 2 Tesla's are pretty damned good in places, and I have heard a sneaky preview of the Queensryche (which is on the way as we speak) and there is some interesting stuff going down there as well. Def Lepp had a couple of good tracks and the Rush one had a few good moments. The Others suck big time and are not worth mentioning.

I voted for Warrant, not because I like their cover album, but it's the best of a bad bunch. Still, I looked at the list of choices,and felt like I was trying to decide what I would rather eat, dogshit or cowshit. :puke:

You should always go with Cowshit, it has more fiber. :tumbsup:

I went with... "OTHER"

The only covers release I listen to in my collection is Joan Jett's "Hit List".

You should always go with cowshit, it has more fiber. :tumbsup:

Good to know, but, uh, how do YOU know...?? :blink:

You should always go with cowshit, it has more fiber. :tumbsup:

Good to know, but, uh, how do YOU know...?? :blink:

My Grandparents own a Cattle Ranch. ;)

I'd sooner steal the dogshit and cowshit from Mark's plate and eat it myself before listening to one of these albums a second time, but of the lot the LA Guns 'Rip the covers off' wasn't as bad as the rest, so I picked that.

• 2 weeks later...

I vote "other" and am going for Andy Taylor - "Dangerous". Otherwise I am not much of a friend of cover CD's.

One cover album I always liked was Baltimore's ULTIMATE TRIBUTE. It had some unusual choices for songs like MSG's SAMURAI and Grin's BEGGAR'S DAY, to name a couple.

Otherwise, not a big fan of these types of albums.

• 3 years later...