What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Guest jeepfaned

well,this is my 1st post here. i must say..its great to see people other then myself searching for all these great old cd's and albums. speaking of albums, someone(christine..or christina i think) was asking about planet p 1st album with 'why me'. i forgot i have it! such a great album,and only played it 2 times,once to listen,and once to record on tape.

im sure this new band has been talked about somewhere on this site, but if you havent heard of the band Cold Truth....and you like the good thumping whiskey soaked skinnard .38 special bad co. type foot stompin head pounding fist thrusting rock and roll....you really should check these guys out from nashville. the cd is production at its finest.very clean. great riffs. ranks up there with those few debut releases that you look back on 10 years later and think... holy crap did that cd kick @$$ !! like bostons 1st cd,poison,van halen,jackyl. these guys will rock you hard!

www.coldtruth.net

thanks to all for keeping the real rock alive and kickin!!

im ez.......(ed)

Guest jeepfaned

oh and a side note on the candlebox talk...by best friend got 1 of the members (from hutch kansas) drunk for the 1st time. took a few embarassing pics of him drunk...imagine what those would go for on ebay!!

Joshua - Intense Defense (finally got my lazy ass to get this one - my vinyl copy is knackered - awesome stuff)

Harem Scarem - Overload

Doctor Rock - Stark Raving Mad

Blind Vengeance - Blind Vengeance

Satrox - Energy

Shakra - Moving Force

Michael Bormann - Michael Bormann

Savatage - Gutter Ballet

Tribute To Whitesnake - Snakebites

Pretty Maids - Red, Hot & Heavy

Southpaw - Southpaw

Legs Diamond - Uncut Diamond

Legs Diamond - Legs Diamond

Mickey Ratt - Ratt Era

Ratt - EP

Rush Tribute - Working man

Bill Ward - Ward One: Along The Way

Valentine - Valentine

Been a couple weeks since I posted (though I visit all the time, just to keep up on the madness  :D ).  Here's what I've added to my collection since the last time I put fingers to keyboard...

FINAL AXE: "Beyond Hell's Gate"

ROOSTER: s/t

SHOTGUN MESSIAH: s/t

TAINTED SOULS: "Love Hate Pain"

TEARGAS: "Crazy"

WASP: s/t

WASP: "Inside the Electric Circus"

WASP: "The Headless Children"

KAGE: "Shadow of Faith"

STRIP ADICKTION: "In, Out & Gone"

MR. BIG: "Lean Into it"

ROB ROCK: "Holy Hell"

Keen to hear what you thought of the Teargas 'Crazy' EP?

cheers

Lindsay

Atrophy - Violent by Nature

Reading this made me dig out my copy, quality thrash metal...

I bought a few more bits of old vinyl on CD:-

Sepultura - Beneath The Remains

Slayer - Reign In Blood

Mordred - Fools Game

Deicide - S/T (remastered)

As well as:

Wetton/Downes - Icon

Harem Scarem - Overload

Kim Mitchell - Greatest Hits

Pendragon - 1984-96 Overture

(Being a Pendragon freak/completist had to get this one -US only compilation with one track from each album plus an unreleased version of 'Black Night' live at the BBC. My collection is now complete!!!

King Kobra - Thrill Of A Lifetime

Krokus- One Vice At A Time

Krokus - Hardware

Sarah Mclachlan - Afterglow Live (Excellent DVD + CD)

Ocean - S/T+Live (Axe Killer re-issue. Nice surprise this - didn't even know it had been re-issued on disc with 4 bonus live cuts (new and sealed for £2 - Bargain) - Although sung in French - a good hard rock band from the late 70's/early 80's similar to the mighty Trust who must be added to this board (will have to sort out)

Rick Cua - Midnight Sun

In the used bin:

Iron Maiden - Powerslave (Sanctuary reissue)

and won on ebay today:

Tigertailz - Bezerk

This one is hard to figure out. Some auctions go for $30+ while the one I bid on went for $10. Must be missing something here. :unsure:

Molly Hatchet - Warriors Of The Rainbow Bridge

Myon - Slideshow

System Of A Down - Mezmerize

Iron Horse - Bring It On (@ The OUTLAWS show)

Steve Gaines - One in the Sun

Delbert McClinton - Ultimate Collection

"The Chrysalis No Shit Hard Rock CD Sampler" (w/ Sea Hags, Stage Dolls...) [The cover art is exactly what you'd think it would be: http://tinyurl.com/e2xtb ]

A Future to This Life: Robocop - The Series Soundtrack (with the Joe Walsh/Lita Ford duet)

ZZ Top - Rhythmeen

"Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Vol. 4 - Flash FM"

Jennifer Love Hewitt - Let's Go Bang (anytime, J-Love!)

Pat Boone - In a Metal Mood - No More Mr. Nice Guy

Econoline Crush - Affliction

Econoline Crush - Brand New History

Kane Roberts - Saints And Sinners (cassette)

Shy England - Misspent Youth (cass.)

McQueen Street - S/T (cass.)

Edit: Just got the "Adler's Appetite" EP in the mail today (finally.)

and won on ebay today:

Tigertailz - Bezerk

This one is hard to figure out.  Some auctions go for $30+ while the one I bid on went for $10.  Must be missing something here. :unsure:

At least you are not missing out on a great album Blue! I believe it is being re-released soon.

and won on ebay today:

Tigertailz - Bezerk

This one is hard to figure out.  Some auctions go for $30+ while the one I bid on went for $10.  Must be missing something here. :unsure:

At least you are not missing out on a great album Blue! I believe it is being re-released soon.

I love the song "Love Bomb Baby"! Haven't heard the rest but I'm thinking it'll be a winner in my book. The reissue of Bezerk and Banzai are scheduled for May 31. I figured I'd take a shot at getting the original because the reissues are pretty spendy ($22.99 on Amazon.com). A word of warning--Amazon has Bezerk spelled as "Beserk"

and won on ebay today:

Tigertailz - Bezerk

I love the song "Love Bomb Baby"! Haven't heard the rest but I'm thinking it'll be a winner in my book. The reissue of Bezerk and Banzai are scheduled for May 31. I figured I'd take a shot at getting the original because the reissues are pretty spendy ($22.99 on Amazon.com). A word of warning--Amazon has Bezerk spelled as "Beserk"

My four year old daughter sings Love Bomb Baby all the time!! She loves it. Whenever she is in a bad mood I throw that song in and instantly she will start dancing around the room singing it at the top of her lungs!!! I hope the re-issues are not that spendy as more people need to purchase and hear these albums!!

Keen to hear what you thought of the Teargas 'Crazy' EP?

cheers

Lindsay

I thought the Teargas: "Crazy" EP was quite good, very reminscent of the sound of the last couple Def Leppard albums. Anyone looking for crisp production, catchy hooks, and generous harmony vocals would do well to pick this one up. The band lists their influences as Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, etc. and it shows.